GDT: Semifinal - May 25 - Canada vs Czech Republic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Difficult to make a choice who would be 'better' opponent for Finland, but in this game I still root for Czech.

Canada already know Finland, and it seldom repeat mistakes made early a tournament. Czech is 'easier' on paper but... uh.

Finns themselves have already shown that what might look easy on paper, isn't necessarily that on the ice.

Go CZ Go!

Damn. Can 2-0
Canada didn't really make a mistake in their first game against Finland, they were just a team that was playing it's first game with little preperation time together against a quality team that had been practicing for over a month together, it happens every year pretty much.

Fans have to never read much into those games with Canada at this tournament.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
CZE needs 1 goal to get crowd more into it. Very bad for Finland if it remains 2 goal difference or more for the rest of the game. That won't tire the Canadians enough if they will be in the final.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Vrana got 26 seconds that period. Chytil got 0. Gulas got 5:25 which is more than Simon, Jaskin and both Zohorna's. You'd think with 2 powerplays we could at least get Vrana a shot? Moravcik got 2:07 - maybe the coach is learning that our ECHL D won't stop Canada's all NHL team? Palat got a lot of minutes... also progress.

Another interesting one is healthy scratch Zamorsky (whom I didn't even know was in the match) got over 6 minutes... is my internet broken?

I mean increase Vrana and decrease Gulas and everything else is pretty good.
Is time on ice available on the IIHF website?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
thats why I put the "almost" there :laugh: I am not used for a big push from our team lately when down by 2.. not like the 2010 pushes :(
We did it against Latvia.. down 2-0 after 20 minutes.

Of course, this isn't Latvia.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Canada didn't really make a mistake in their first game against Finland, they were just a team that was playing it's first game with little preperation time together against a quality team that had been practicing for over a month together, it happens every year pretty much.

First game is always the toughest. Reminds me of the team Finland Olympic team in 2014. The first period especially against Austria was atrocious for Finland. Horrible defensive play in that game.

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
That's the game. All they have to do is not to completely let off now.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It's over... this is starting to look like a World Junior game. Stone against Musil in the corner...

Need to put in Francouz and hope for a change in momentum... even if you don't blame Bartosak.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka

True. I agree. Canada's "mistake" was to lose Finland (nobody thought then that Finns would've some chances in that game).

Swipes

Ice Hockey World Champions 2024!
Apr 13, 2010
So Riha plays Vrana after we're down 2-0....

3-0. Game over I guess.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Damn Marchessault and Stone are too good. Dubois is awesome too. Knights are lucky to have those guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad