GDT: Semi Final: Canada Vs Finland | 1PM EST 7PM CET | CAN 5 - 0 FIN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So Finland has beat us the last 3 teams we’ve met in the knockout round?

2014, 2016 and 2019?

Porvari

Rekisteröitynyt käyttäjä
Feb 19, 2010
Canadian gif game on point. No response from Suomi.

5-1 Canaduh

942211614.gif

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
USA had to take Bieber after Canada won the semi-final game at the 2014 Olympics. Other than that, ouch.

Allow me to now insult some famous Finns:
Kimi is a good one. Try him.

Anyway it's always great to play against Canada. This year we are lacking some top end talent but our goalie is awesome. Dictating pace with the puck will be the key. Canada has pretty mobile D so forechecking will not be as easy as it was with USA. Finland should really show some viivelähtös to Canadas forecheck.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'd love to visit Canada some day. It seems like a bigger version of Finland. Many similarities.

You guys share the same love for hockey that we do, it’s easy to admire and respect our shared love of the best in the world, hockey.

Even your “sisu” is a quality that I think we call ”heart and soul”. That never give up and fight on no matter what type attitude that is easily recognizable as a shared quality our countries have.

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
You guys share the same love for hockey that we do, it’s easy to admire and respect our shared love of the best in the world, hockey.

Even your “sisu” is a quality that I think we call ”heart and soul”. That never give up and fight on no matter what type attitude that is easily recognizable as a shared quality our countries have.
Yeah but sometimes I feel Canadians are too arrogant when it comes to hockey. Like the whole sport is the one thing no one else can't be as good as Canada.

While it's true mostly, it's still sometimes too arrogant and it lacks respect for other countries.

Reactions: Ed Wood

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Kimi is a good one. Try him.

Anyway it's always great to play against Canada. This year we are lacking some top end talent but our goalie is awesome. Dictating pace with the puck will be the key. Canada has pretty mobile D so forechecking will not be as easy as it was with USA. Finland should really show some viivelähtös to Canadas forecheck.

Who?

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Yeah but sometimes I feel Canadians are too arrogant when it comes to hockey. Like the whole sport is the one thing no one else can't be as good as Canada.

While it's true mostly, it's still sometimes too arrogant and it lacks respect for other countries.

Duly noted. It's a valid observation. I know I get embarrassed when I see those ridiculous "this is our game" signs some Canadian fans bring to games. I guess it's our version of the obnoxious USA chants I so despise.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

It’s the one area where we are the global hegemonic power in. We live and breathe this sport, it’s quintessentially Canadian.

We’re super polite and kind hearted people in every other area of life except when it comes to hockey.

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
It’s the one area where we are the global hegemonic power in. We live and breathe this sport, it’s quintessentially Canadian.

We’re super polite and kind hearted people in every other area of life except when it comes to hockey.
Well at least that doesn't count all the Canadians. You can be polite about hockey too. :)

Reactions: snipes

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall

W8 what i allways belived you were Russian I'm getting syntax error now.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Well at least that doesn't count all the Canadians. You can be polite about hockey too. :)

At times my friend, I’ve had lots of good chats with Finns over the years. I really do need to go over there sometime.

I’m not always polite about hockey, I’m pretty sure I went into a berserker Viking type rage when we lost to Russia and didn’t take a pound of flesh physically from them.

Best of luck tomorrow, hopefully Canada wins though :)

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I like Canada too.But that´s not a reason to be all lovey dovey in thread like this.I want more insults and salt.
I am sure you will get your fill of downright ill will tomorrow, it is not like we all aren't competitive.

But I mean there is a line that shouldn't be crossed, after all, it is sports not a civil war going on with bullets whizzing past our head like in some places in the world.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I am sure you will get your fill of downright ill will tomorrow, it is not like we all aren't competitive.

But I mean there is a line that shouldn't be crossed, after all, it is sports not a civil war going on with bullets whizzing past our head like in some places in the world.

When the game is on, emotions will rise.

The calm before the storm as they say.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad