Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Has anyone figured out just why Mike McD went for the 2 pointer yet? I'm still scratching my head over that. Also why he ran on 3rd and 7 before the half and why he is trying to force the run down by 20. I know their O has plenty of time to score 3 TD but some of his calls have been baffling to me.

I think he figured to just get as many points as possible and build momentum. I guess, it was a little weird

I don’t think there was a math reason, other than more points good

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Has anyone figured out just why Mike McD went for the 2 pointer yet? I'm still scratching my head over that. Also why he ran on 3rd and 7 before the half and why he is trying to force the run down by 20. I know their O has plenty of time to score 3 TD but some of his calls have been baffling to me.

Here's my attempt at rationalizing it:

You know how the math now says when down 14 and you score, you go for two? This is the extension of it to three drives, where the third is the FG.

Baylor did this to UCF yesterday, and it led to them winning in regulation.

But as @misterchainsaw correctly points out, there's too many possessions left to make those calculations.

You're starting to make a lot of assumptions there though, especially early in the 3rd quarter.

That said I'd argue Miami's true percentage is probably over 50%, so why not?

But that's the best I can think of.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I can only hope it looks worse than it is, but the cart coming out...why can't we have nice things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad