Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Does anyone remember when Tre started practicing again? Im still worried Von won't be nearly as impactful, but that seems like a common worry for any player coming of an ACL tear.
I think there are two big differences: Von has done this before, and he can be rotated into the lineup easier. With Tre, the mental aspect of it I think really hindered him, that won't be the case with Von.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Does anyone remember when Tre started practicing again? Im still worried Von won't be nearly as impactful, but that seems like a common worry for any player coming of an ACL tear.
He had 14 sacks the year after he tore it in 2013. Obviously he was 10 years younger, but the dude is an anomaly.

CB is very different than DE.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I think there are two big differences: Von has done this before, and he can be rotated into the lineup easier. With Tre, the mental aspect of it I think really hindered him, that won't be the case with Von.
yeah plus Von was pushing for non PUP, he'd been on the field a lot putting in the work, I'm sure he's been ramping it up last 4 weeks.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I agree…

im not sure on thefundamental differences innthe injuries beyond it being knee injuries.

inna pass rushing role van is generally running in one direction And not doing the cutting a CB woukd do

if he’s back he’s going have play limits to start.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
He had 14 sacks the year after he tore it in 2013. Obviously he was 10 years younger, but the dude is an anomaly.

CB is very different than DE.
especially with the DL rotation we are throwing at teams…. yeah, i’m not worried about Von. he’s just a thick layer of icing on an already delicious cake. the depth we have is truly unmatched league wide

Reactions: Sabreality

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
If Von is back in games by week 8 , confident by week twelve in key situations . He may help as a tresh rusher at a key time as he has learned to trust his knee where tre took 18 months. He may only rush around of certain moves til he's comfortable. Hopefully every is more patient than they've been w tre. The only games that matter are 18th and beyond.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Today is going to be a reality check….for the dolphins!

They ran up the score against the winless broncos who gave up. They had 17 points well into the 4th quarter the week before against the patriots. And it took a comeback against the loser Chargers. Their opponents have a total of two wins. Miami’s two winds against the bills the last four years were the games where our te (clay or whatever) dropped the winning TD and then the heat game where we dominated (our backups even dominated) but it took a million injuries for the dolphins to squeak by us.

The dolphins offense was unimpressive against the bills last year. Allen owns them. The bills own them.

Congrats dolphins on your September awards! But the bills will remind them how meaningless that is today

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Today is going to be a reality check….for the dolphins!

They ran up the score against the winless broncos who gave up. They had 17 points well into the 4th quarter the week before against the patriots. And it took a comeback against the loser Chargers. Their opponents have a total of two wins. Miami’s two winds against the bills the last four years were the games where our te (clay or whatever) dropped the winning TD and then the heat game where we dominated (our backups even dominated) but it took a million injuries for the dolphins to squeak by us.

The dolphins offense was unimpressive against the bills last year. Allen owns them. The bills own them.

Congrats dolphins on your September awards! But the bills will remind them how meaningless that is today
Yup. Im expecting a win. Just get some hits on Tua, and he'll get anxious.

There's still a good chance Buffalo loses. The Dolphins are a good team. Any given Sunday and all that. Even if we lose, we'll be underdogs, which doesn't bother me at all. I want them playing their best football in January!

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
The Toy Story game is unique, and a nice novelty and a nice way to show the game to people who don’t normally watch it but I was over it after 2 plays and went to the normal broadcast.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
The Toy Story game is unique, and a nice novelty and a nice way to show the game to people who don’t normally watch it but I was over it after 2 plays and went to the normal broadcast.
I’m loving it. Not for every game but it would be especially great for a way to make otherwise unwatchably bad games fun. Get broncos/bears on here stat!

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Not that I’m trying to look past this week but watching Jacksonville in London this week, I definitely think that them being able to stay in London and have so much more time to adjust to the time is going to be a big advantage for them.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Not that I’m trying to look past this week but watching Jacksonville in London this week, I definitely think that them being able to stay in London and have so much more time to adjust to the time is going to be a big advantage for them.
I was thinking that this morning too. Seems a little bit unfair from a competitive advantage standpoint for them to get two straight in London. Especially with the 2nd one being a "road game"

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Oh it’s so dumb. We have to travel to a different continent to play a home game against a team that’s been staying there

Reactions: Mike McDermott

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
ESPN just talked about Bills Dolphins for 15 minutes without mentioning a Bill by name. Stunning.

Edit: I take it back, they mentioned Jordan Poyer and Damar Hamlin.
Lol an injured guy and a guy who's likely to only play on special teams if things go right (ie no injuries).

Never change, ESPN. Buffalo's become the team to shit on and "a team on the downfall" at this point in the media.

Reminds me of how the media completely invented a narrative for the USC-Colorado game (that it was a "moral victory" for Colorado and how they "stayed with" and "had a chance to win the game" against USC when the reality is they scored 3 garbage time touchdowns and didn't touch the ball with a chance to tie the game since 7-0 in the 1st quarter.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

Elam healthy scratch again

The fact that Elam can't get on the field ahead of Cam Lewis in a week where his positional versatility is less important (with Hamlin being active) is damning. Yes, Lewis is a strong special teams player, but given the quality of the passing game we're playing against, Elam should have been able to force his way onto the active roster with Hamlin covering the ST duties.

I expect them to keep Elam for the depth this season, but he'll be gone in the offseason.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad