Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Here is the Weather.com forecast for Landover, MD.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
and when good O lines get out to block him

his PFF grade is meh (50 something), but the eye test has been ok
None of the MLBs they have will be productive if the guys up front are unable to keep them clean on a regular basis.

The same was true of Edmunds. A big part of his monster year last year was the addition of Jones at DT.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Kirksey retiring?

So much for him being the answer at MLB... and i hate to say i told you so... :laugh:

As mentioned above - thus far they don't seem to be missing Edmunds as much as i thought they might. I do want to see a much bigger sample size & let's also consider Milano has been absolutely lights out incredible during these first two games. Not sure he can keep it up to such a high level every game.

Nearly 15 years with Drew Brees and only 1 Super Bowl win. Yes, I know there were other close runs, the uncalled pass interference, etc., but I never over-rated him for the reasons above.
Payton is hands down the most over rated individual in the NFL, IMO.

Reactions: brian_griffin

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Kirksey retiring?

So much for him being the answer at MLB... and i hate to say i told you so... :laugh:

As mentioned above - thus far they don't seem to be missing Edmunds as much as i thought they might. I do want to see a much bigger sample size & let's also consider Milano has been absolutely lights out incredible during these first two games. Not sure he can keep it up to such a high level every game.

Payton is hands down the most over rated individual in the NFL, IMO.
Have you been introduced to Belichick?

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
None of the MLBs they have will be productive if the guys up front are unable to keep them clean on a regular basis.

The same was true of Edmunds. A big part of his monster year last year was the addition of Jones at DT.

Agree that the line sets the tone for what the MLB can do but Edmunds and Bernard are a sizable gap apart in terms of athleticism. Bernard looks like a safety out there and I think he's been really solid so far but Edmunds could shed blocks at times that Bernard just physically won't be able to.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Agree that the line sets the tone for what the MLB can do but Edmunds and Bernard are a sizable gap apart in terms of athleticism. Bernard looks like a safety out there and I think he's been really solid so far but Edmunds could shed blocks at times that Bernard just physically won't be able to.
Edmunds was not good at shedding blocks.

The main impact the size difference has is in how much more space in zone coverage that Edmunds unique wingspan took up.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Edmunds was not good at shedding blocks.

The main impact the size difference has is in how much more space in zone coverage that Edmunds unique wingspan took up.
Good call. If anything, Edmunds might be too big of a target that's too easy to block. I like how Bernard knifes through plays to get in on tackles so far.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
The guy who holds just about every meaningful record for a coach?
Right?

Belichick has:

- 3 super bowl appearances and 2 wins as coordinator
- 9 super bowl appearances and 6 wins as a head coach (the most by any HC in both categories)
- 12 total super bowl appearances and 8 super bowl rings.
- 17 AFCE titles
- 13 afc championship appearances and 9 wins as a head coach
- .705 post season w/l record as head coach
- .719 W/L record with the patriots

If only a Buffalo Bills coach could be so “overrated” some day… lol.

I don’t like the patriots but I definitely respect what they were able to do over that 20 year span.

And it wasn’t just Tom Brady. I think people forget just how well coached those Brady super bowl era teams were. I remember it was maddening how good they were at half time adjustments.

Brady wasn’t even Brady early in his career when the patriots won their first few Super Bowls. Plus, Belichick has to get credit for helping to develop Brady and building a program that could consistently compete for championships. There have been great QBs who never came close to winning the championships Belichick and Brady did together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad