Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I hope Jones can be close to what he was, and that Phillips can make a comeback. I'd really like to see what Jones, Joseph, Phillips and Oliver can do up front.

KateShabbyBrickWallBackdropRetroTexture2.4x1.8ftBH1037379Q.jpg

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Dak's pre-snap cadence infuriates me. I keep hoping someone breaks his ribs, just so I don't need to hear it anymore.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Damn, looks like Allen's turnover problems are hitting the NFC teams hard tonight. You just hate to see it.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
The only way Detroit gets the 1 seed is to win. Worst case is the 3 seed.

The loss didn't matter at all.
True. I can’t believe he didn’t report. Detroit is my second team and I had to hold in a scream when he caught it cause the rest of the house is asleep.

That being said, Dallas has been exposed. I don’t see them going anywhere in the NFC playoffs. If they are the 5 seed and play the South winner they’ll win that but they aren’t going past that imho.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
The only way Detroit gets the 1 seed is to win. Worst case is the 3 seed.

The loss didn't matter at all.
Oh yes it did. The current standings were deceiving. Detroit was the #2 seed at worst if they won out, because the last two games are common opponents with Philly and would have pushed Detroit past Philly in a tiebreaker. They cost themselves home field against Philly in round 2 at minimum, and the #1 seed if SF drops a game (and the Rams aren't a cakewalk). Now Philly/SF both have to lose 2 for Detroit to pass them , and Dallas has to lose their last game too. (DET now loses a tiebreaker with PHI if PHI drops one, and to DAL if PHI drops two and DAL wins week 18)

Campbell completely f***ed the end of that game. Even if you want to blame the player forthe reporting fiasco, going for two after the penalty is flat out asinine.

Last edited:

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
The player reported.
Sort of. Detroit sent 3 linemen to the official to try to disguise who was reporting. According to the player himself, he reported verbally only by saying "report". In that environment, with the loud crowd and 3 players surrounding him, I would not at all be surprised if the ref thought it came from one of the other two players that were surrounding him. And I HATE Brad Allen but I find it hard to blame him here.

They then announced that #70 was eligible. Who knows if #68 is even open if the defense knows he's an eligible reciever (which obviously they would have if the ref announced him as eligible.)

Sending three players to try to disguise the player reporting as eligible was extremely stupid and frankly I'm glad it backfired on them.

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Sort of. Detroit sent 3 linemen to the official to try to disguise who was reporting. According to the player himself, he reported verbally only by saying "report". In that environment, with the loud crowd and 3 players surrounding him, I would not at all be surprised if the ref thought it came from one of the other two players that were surrounding him. And I HATE Brad Allen but I find it hard to blame him here.

They then announced that #70 was eligible. Who knows if #68 is even open if the defense knows he's an eligible reciever (which obviously they would have if the ref announced him as eligible.)

Sending three players to try to disguise the player reporting as eligible was extremely stupid and frankly I'm glad it backfired on them.
Agree to disagree here. To me this is nothing more or less than the worst crew in the NFL blowing another game. Allen has to be better than that. 68 walked up to him and reported. No excuse.

Real bummer, seeing Dak and Lamb with the ball and needing 30 yards to get their all pro kicker into range would've been an exciting ending. Not to mention the thrill of McCarthy getting raked over the coals for horrid game management. Instead, it's the Brad Allen game.

For anyone that tunes in tomorrow looking for an explanation, I think this Mitchell Schwartz thread lays it out nicely:

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Agree to disagree here. To me this is nothing more or less than the worst crew in the NFL blowing another game. Allen has to be better than that. 68 walked up to him and reported. No excuse.

Real bummer, seeing Dak and Lamb with the ball and needing 30 yards to get their all pro kicker into range would've been an exciting ending. Not to mention the thrill of McCarthy getting raked over the coals for horrid game management. Instead, it's the Brad Allen game.

For anyone that tunes in tomorrow looking for an explanation, I think this Mitchell Schwartz thread lays it out nicely:

With two other players who have no reason to be there. No sympathy. At all. Gee whiz, a tactic that was designed to cause confusion caused confusion.

And trust me, I know Brad Allen sucks. :laugh:

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
It really seems like Allen straight up made a mistake. His version of events seems to align with Decker reporting correctly...and Allen mistaking my believing someone else reported.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
It really seems like Allen straight up made a mistake. His version of events seems to align with Decker reporting correctly...and Allen mistaking my believing someone else reported.
Yeah, Allen made a mistake and a bad one. Which is awful, but mistakes do happen (more often with his crew than others).

What is inexcusable is him doubling down and refusing to own his mistake, even after getting to see replay. In other words, blatantly lying. Which, to me at least, crosses a lie. Reffing is a position that requires the utmost integrity and honesty. As soon as you have breached that, you just can't be a ref anymore. Your word is meaningless. You can't be trusted. You have to go.

I'm not expecting any actual consequences. But if I was in charge of this shitshow, he would be fired first thing tomorrow. Not for the mistake. For the lie.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Yeah, Allen made a mistake and a bad one. Which is awful, but mistakes do happen (more often with his crew than others).

What is inexcusable is him doubling down and refusing to own his mistake, even after getting to see replay. In other words, blatantly lying. Which, to me at least, crosses a lie. Reffing is a position that requires the utmost integrity and honesty. As soon as you have breached that, you just can't be a ref anymore. Your word is meaningless. You can't be trusted. You have to go.

I'm not expecting any actual consequences. But if I was in charge of this shitshow, he would be fired first thing tomorrow. Not for the mistake. For the lie.

There is no accountability for officiating, why not just double down on your mistake and gaslight the public?

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

Far be it from me to defend Allen, but I'm not sure how any video can prove that he didn't think it was #70 who reported eligible. It's a loud stadium - with the defense preparing for the game deciding play - it can be hard to pinpoint sound in that kind of environment. Which makes it extraordinarily stupid to try to get cute like that. :dunno: ESPECIALLY when you know the ref is Brad Allen :laugh:

Reactions: WeDislikeEich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad