Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I don’t know how you make that call. There just isn’t enough angle to tell. That’s amazing to end a game that way

Reactions: Dirty Dog

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
great fan base in the sense they are loyal and dedicated, bad fan base because they got unbelievably arrogant when we got good and are now spoiled/bratty when we aren't having instant success. The team goes three and out and you'll see this forum melt down and the fans in the stadium boo (gross). Not trying to bash anyone, it is just my opinion and I'm moving on.
I was at the game and was disappointed but not surprised by the boos. There's no shortage of short-sighted, pusillanimous people in the world though and unfortunately our fanbase is no exception. Gotta love the posters who show up, call for the coaches' heads after surrendering a TD on drive #1, then disappear back into their holes for the rest of the comprehensive, dominant win.

Rousseau becoming an elite all-around DE specializing in run-stopping and deflections (while still good on the pass rush) is such a great continuing development. Him opposite Von or Floyd (or along side both of them and Ed on a passing down) is perfectly complimentary. Aside from the tip on Bernard's INT, my favorite play of his was stringing out Jacobs wide solo for a loss. He's so rangy and smart, there was zero thought of him getting beaten there. Hitting a home run at pick #30 is not given and Beane deserves real credit there in the draft scorekeeping.

Cook is fun, but I still don't love him as an all-around back. He is a nice weapon to have and is fitting into our offense well, but I still want to see it in tighter games against strong defenses. He can't break tackles, but he is starting to find the edge more lately. Adding complimentary backs in Murray and Harris has raised the level of all three players, which is the ideal way for a modern backfield to operate.

Adams is in the conversation for best WR in the league, so hard to knock Tre too hard for his day. But I do think he's likely "just" a CB1 in the league now and not in the conversation for top 10 anymore. Diggs didn't even throw him a bone on the VonCast when asked about top 5 CBs in the league. Not the end of the world though, we can make it work. Though it would be great if our other MIA first round CB could figure his way to having an NFL career and we could envision a long-term succession plan.

I love the 12 personnel and am looking forward to watching it grow. I'm interested to see the tape, but Knox and Kincaid seemed to block well together today. Having them out there together that just makes us feel formidable. I don't want to say that TEs are more of "football players" than WRs, but I like having two rugged, versatile 6'4 245-255 guys on the field. We're ready for whatever comes, be it a street fight or a skills contest.

Last edited:

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
They have to use Harty like a weapon and I don't think Dorsey has unlocked that gadget badge for his play calling. Harty can be dangerous.

I would still give Tre about another month or so until he is really at 100%
I doubt he'll go back to his former self but he could continue to improve over the coming year not just months.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Buffalo 38, Las Vegas 10

i

Bills​

Is the multidimensional offense the Bills showed for real? It sure can be. After a turnover-heavy performance in Week 1, the Bills showed how the offense can take over a game. QB Josh Allen put together touchdown drives of 11 and 15 plays, and spread the ball around to nine pass-catchers. The Bills avoided turnovers and Allen decreased his average air yards per play from 7.4 in Week 1 to 3.9 vs. the Raiders, and the offense benefited as a result. The run game came up big, too. After rushing for 97 total yards last week, the Bills racked up 183 Sunday.

Stock up after the win: The Bills' linebackers. Matt Milano has an interception in three straight regular-season games, and second-year middle linebacker Terrel Bernard had some good moments against the Raiders, including an interception, along with a team-high six tackles.

Stock down after the win: Third-down production. There's not an easy candidate here as almost everything trended in a more positive direction for the Bills, but the offense went 7-of-13 on third down, leading to four fourth-down attempts, and will be an area to clean up. -- Alaina Getzenberg

Next game: at Commanders (Sunday, 1 p.m. ET)

You know it was a solid game all around when the stock down was going over 50% on 3rd downs offensively.

The biggest nits to pick for me were:

Not calling the "shove Josh into the end zone" on 4th and goal from the 1 that was an incomplete pass.

Or

Burning their 3 second half TOs

Or

Getting lucky on the LV INT getting wiped out by the penalty

Or

LV going right down the field on the opening drive and then the Bills going 3 and out on their first drive

But, when you win 38-10, possess the ball for 40 minutes, win the turnover battle 3-0, and you score points on 6 of 8 drives on offense, it is hard to find things to complain about.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012

Weird to boast about beating the 4th best team in the division. Jets are the same as pats, just with a better defense.

It was nice to see Allen take what the defense gave him. He will see a lot of that this season and has to be willing to take short yards. Dolphins are going to send the house and drop back. He has to take the 5-8 yards.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I was at the game and was disappointed but not surprised by the boos. There's no shortage of short-sighted, pusillanimous people in the world though and unfortunately our fanbase is no exception. Gotta love the posters who show up, call for the coaches' heads after surrendering a TD on drive #1, then disappear back into their holes for the rest of the comprehensive, dominant win.

Rousseau becoming an elite all-around DE specializing in run-stopping and deflections (while still good on the pass rush) is such a great continuing development. Him opposite Von or Floyd (or along side both of them and Ed on a passing down) is perfectly complimentary. Aside from the tip on Bernard's INT, my favorite play of his was stringing out Jacobs wide solo for a loss. He's so rangy and smart, there was zero thought of him getting beaten there. Hitting a home run at pick #30 is not given and Beane deserves real credit there in the draft scorekeeping.

Cook is fun, but I still don't love him as an all-around back. He is a nice weapon to have and is fitting into our offense well, but I still want to see it in tighter games against strong defenses. He can't break tackles, but he is starting to find the edge more lately. Adding complimentary backs in Murray and Harris has raised the level of all three players, which is the ideal way for a modern backfield to operate.

Adams is in the conversation for best WR in the league, so hard to knock Tre too hard for his day. But I do think he's likely "just" a CB1 in the league now and not in the conversation for top 10 anymore. Diggs didn't even throw him a bone on the VonCast when asked about top 5 CBs in the league. Not the end of the world though, we can make it work. Though it would be great if our other MIA first round CB could figure his way to having an NFL career and we could envision a long-term succession plan.

I love the 12 personnel and am looking forward to watching it grow. I'm interested to see the tape, but Knox and Kincaid seemed to block well together today. Having them out there together that just makes us feel formidable. I don't want to say that TEs are more of "football players" than WRs, but I like having two rugged, versatile 6'4 245-255 guys on the field. We're ready for whatever comes, be it a street fight or a skills contest.
I was at the game, too. The crowd was excited but very anxious. Some of the comments were just sad, though. We were up big in the 3rd, and someone was screaming here comes a pick 6 from Allen! Lots of comments of that nature.

I had my rants this week, and I dont think it's outlandish to worry about Allen's TOs dating back to the GB game and wreckless running style*, but some takes just make me shake my head.

As far the game, damn! I havent seen them dominate a team on all fronts like that in a long time. *Allen played one of the cleanest games of his career when you take into accoun he barely ran. I also love that they were running the ball out of singleback formation more. That was driving me mad last week.

How about the offensive line?! They were awesome in both phases of the game.

Milano's INT was sick nasty! And my biggest worries of the year (Brown& Bernad) played really well.

Just an awesome game to be a. The Raiders fans I met were awesome. We all agreed 'F the Chiefs!'.

Oh, and my Bass jersey gets a ton of love. I always say he's the most consistent player on our squad :)

Last edited:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Excellent vocabulary is excellent. However, were week 1 not a loss, we might instead be subjected to the temerity and truculence of certain other Bills backers.

==========
Disappointed how easily Raiders scored on opening drive with chunk plays, but Bills tightened up after that. Bills defense has given up only 2 defensive touchdowns this season. Dallas has similarly shown well, but both they and Bills have played the Jets. We'll see if New Orleans and Cleveland can each hold serve on the early-season defensive scoring dominance tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: HOOats

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Excellent vocabulary is excellent. However, were week 1 not a loss, we might instead be subjected to the temerity and truculence of certain other Bills backers.

==========
Disappointed how easily Raiders scored on opening drive with chunk plays, but Bills tightened up after that. Bills defense has given up only 2 defensive touchdowns this season. Dallas has similarly shown well, but both they and Bills have played the Jets. We'll see if New Orleans and Cleveland can each hold serve on the early-season defensive scoring dominance tonight.
That was an incredibly fast adjustment by the defense. McDermott clearly knows what's up.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

==========
Well, cowardly is a fighting word, so I had to look elsewhere. Went with the "small-spiritedness" of pusillanimous, but maybe could have opted for the "extreme defeatism" of craven. 😉

Give me temerity and truculence all day, it is American football after all lol.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
Almost forgot, that Shakir TD was INSANE. Holy lord what a pass. He flicked the wrist mid-juke and that ball came out like a rocket. Sometimes Allen makes me think 'that's what Hercules would do if he were a QB'.
Yep. The ability to regularly make those sorts of plays is something I think a decent number of folks take for granted. In the group text I have going for games, someone said something to the effect of trying to imagine Trent Edwards or Mac Jones attempting that.

Allen has downsides (like any QB, even the great ones) but he is also absolutely a freaking unicorn in the things he has the ability to do that only a small fraction of QBs possess.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Two thoughts from this weekend (offense).

Let the scheme spread the field horizontally, let the QB spread the field vertically, and run the ball. That's basically what the Bills did. And it worked well.

Is anyone concerned that the Bills seem to score on a lot of hero ball types of plays? Or that the Bills offense tends to have a lot of amazing plays that extend drives? I'd like to see more simple stuff work, so the team isn't relying on hero ball plays to win. It's the Jerry Rice principle. Rice highlights are boring because he did everything right.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Two thoughts from this weekend (offense).

Let the scheme spread the field horizontally, let the QB spread the field vertically, and run the ball. That's basically what the Bills did. And it worked well.

Is anyone concerned that the Bills seem to score on a lot of hero ball types of plays? Or that the Bills offense tends to have a lot of amazing plays that extend drives? I'd like to see more simple stuff work, so the team isn't relying on hero ball plays to win. It's the Jerry Rice principle. Rice highlights are boring because he did everything right.
Along those lines, would like to see the Bills continue to try to get the ball more to Diggs, Kincaid and others in space. Diggs better in space (short) with options for YAC than with contested-ball catches. Also reduces risk of turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad