Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Whenever a coach is fired the team plays out of their minds. Chargers were amped for that game and Bills somehow came out with a W. It’s the NFL, any team can win on any given Sunday. You have to find a way to win the close ones, and we did last night.
Combine that with getting seriously spanked the week before

Reactions: EichHart

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
My (admittedly never going to happen) hope for next weekend is that we are embarrassing New England so bad at half that Kraft goes down to the locker room at halftime and fires Belichick.

I expect they will have some things works up defensively, but as long as we limit mistakes, which is largely what hurt us yesterday, we should win by 2 scores.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
My (admittedly never going to happen) hope for next weekend is that we are embarrassing New England so bad at half that Kraft goes down to the locker room at halftime and fires Belichick.

I expect they will have some things works up defensively, but as long as we limit mistakes, which is largely what hurt us yesterday, we should win by 2 scores.
I think they win next week but not so sure they win convincingly. The offense hasn't scored more than 24 points in 9 of 15 games this season. This is not the same team as seasons past.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Ugly win. Do better or lose the division. Glad to get the win regardless even if I spent the entire game ranting.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
So it looks like:

For us to get in at 10-7, we need the following to happen. We can't win the division at 10-7.

1. The 7 loss teams (Broncos, Bengals) to become 8 loss teams. We lose a tiebreaker with both the Bengals and Broncos

AND

2. One of Indy/Texans/Jacksonvlle to lose two games

OR

3. Cleveland to lose out.

Either way, NONE of it matters if we don't get to 10-7. We get to 11-6 we are in regardless.

It looks like there are some scenarios with a 3 way tie we for the last spot we could get in the top two (Over Houston it looks like)

Edit: Looks like in a 3 way tie with us and two of Jacksonville/Indy/Texans and the Bills, they would take ONE of the AFC south teams and us. That's actually kind of f***ed up lol.

Corrections:

We CAN win this division at 10-7...if our loss is to NE and Miami loses BOTH to the the Cowboys and Ravens. This puts Miami also at 10-7 but we have the tiebreaker (H2H sweep).

Also, 3-way ties don't help the Bills, because each time a team is placed in a spot the entire process restarts for the next spot. So one of Houston/Indy gets eliminated in the comparison for the 6 spot, but once they place the South team in at 6 the other comes back into play for 7 spot and they'd beat the Bills then.

Reactions: Husko

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20231224_124235.jpg

$10 football: Commies vs Airplanes.

I paid too much.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
So it looks like:

For us to get in at 10-7, we need the following to happen. We can't win the division at 10-7.

1. The 7 loss teams (Broncos, Bengals) to become 8 loss teams. We lose a tiebreaker with both the Bengals and Broncos

AND

2. One of Indy/Texans/Jacksonvlle to lose two games

OR

3. Cleveland to lose out.

Either way, NONE of it matters if we don't get to 10-7. We get to 11-6 we are in regardless.

It looks like there are some scenarios with a 3 way tie we for the last spot we could get in the top two (Over Houston it looks like)

Edit: Looks like in a 3 way tie with us and two of Jacksonville/Indy/Texans and the Bills, they would take ONE of the AFC south teams and us. That's actually kind of f***ed up lol.

NotABadPeriod already corrected the 3-way tie thing, but there's also the Steelers with 7 losses right now who'd beat us in a tiebreaker

The easiest way to look at it is that there's 7 teams other than us contesting for the wild card: CLE, PIT, CIN, IND, HOU , JAX, DEN.

We need 4 of those teams to hit 8 losses, BUT if the AFC South teams are all on that list than we'll actually need 5 of those teams to hit 8 losses.

Another way to look at that is the 3rd AFC South team to hit 8 losses won't count against the total of 4 we need.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Top 20 receivers in receptions (plus) from this season and where they got drafted:

Hill 5
Nacua 5
AJ Brown 2
Lamb 1-17
Allen 3
St. Brown 4
Chase 1-5
DJ Moore 1-24
Aiyuk 1-25
Evans 1-7
Diggs 5
Pittman 2
Olave 1-11
Pickens 2
Collins 3
Cooper 1-4
Adams 2
Waddle 1-6
D. Smith 1-6
Metcalf 2

Outside the top 20 but legit #1 type receivers

Jefferson 1-22
Samuel 2
Kupp 3

23 receivers:
10 taken in the 1st round

Of those 10, 5 taken in the top 5.

So, if you’re looking for your breadwinner #1 receiver, half the time it’ll come in the first round. But it doesn’t need to be an all in, we have to get a receiver in the first round.

I put a post together a few weeks ago show that the hit rate for the 1st round with receivers is 50%. For a team with needs like the Bills, and the depth of receivers in this draft, there’s no need to spend a 1st on receiver as if it’s a must.

Diggs is fine, Kincaid is coming, and the Bills need a field stretcher with Davis leaving. Unless an elite talent drops into the 20s, there will be players available at more pressing positions.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Cleveland looks fantastic with Flacco running the offense…that’s a team no one should be looking to face in the 1st round.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Well if the colts and Texans both lose, and it looks like they will, bills will have sole possession of the 6th seed as the rest of the wildcard competition for the last two spots will have 7 losses

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
There's a path for the Bills to clinch a playoff birth next week now. Not super likely, although it could get easier with Denver/Jacksonville possible to lose still this week.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
What do you have against airplanes?

I just tapped out and left. My God that was the shittiest half of "pro" football I have ever sat through.
Dude, the Jets could actually blow this...and you're missing a chance to rag on the Jets for blowing a 20 point lead...

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Outstanding day around the league for the Bills's playoff chances. My word.

Did Amari Cooper just have the best day for a WR ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad