Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
There are no style wins in the NFL and garbage of strength of schedule or strength of victory rarely come in to play in tiebreakers. The win is the important thing. If you tell me we win this way at the end of January and early February I’m signing up. Stressed but signing up. Take care of business next week and go into 18 with the biggest game of the year so far.
For Dallas vs vs Philly tiebreaker if they all win out comes down to strength of victory tiebreaker on who wins the division.

Givrn thr common schedule and beating the same teams and losing to same teams isimplifies to this

PHL — buf, az*, tb, min 26 wins
DAL— NYj, sea, , det*, car 24 wins

* yet to play

The fact that Von Miller gets paid $18 million next year is absurd. The guy is cooked.

you don’t fully recover from the knee injury he got till 18 months.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
For Dallas vs vs Philly tiebreaker if they all win out comes down to strength of victory tiebreaker on who wins the division.

Givrn thr common schedule and beating the same teams and losing to same teams isimplifies to this

* yet to play

Normally I'd agree with you on Miller. The problem is when he's back to 100%, he'll be a year older, and you'd expect age to cancel out the gains from getting back to 100%. What we're seeing now is probably what he will be next year unfortunately, it's hard for me to see him becoming a dominant player again. We went all-in last year with him and it was a great move for last year...until the injury.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Normally I'd agree with you on Miller. The problem is when he's back to 100%, he'll be a year older, and you'd expect age to cancel out the gains from getting back to 100%. What we're seeing now is probably what he will be next year unfortunately, it's hard for me to see him becoming a dominant player again. We went all-in last year with him and it was a great move for last year...until the injury.
We can essentially get out of the contract after next season, correct?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

sure it’s possible. But the fact he is playing now gives me confidence he will get better than he’s toast. Sure cap issues could play a part in such a decision.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
OK, someone can check me on this.

To keep the 10-7 back door an option, we still need one more Cincy loss, a Steelers loss, a Broncos loss, and one of Indy/Houston to lose twice (more likely the loser of their game taking a second loss).

Cincy should lose next week to KC.
Pittsburgh should lose next week to Seattle.
Denver is a problem. This means we might need BOTH Indy and Houston to lose twice, or Browns to lose out.
You're thinking too hard man...let's just hope Dolphins lose either to Baltimore or Dallas and we win our last two...Then, we got the division...Simple as that.

Reactions: buffa dud

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

* yet to play
You're missing the Chargers on Dallas's side and KC on Philly's side.

Philly has a pretty sizable advantage, but a DET sweep over MIN could make things dicey.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
December 10:
Could they please win a game by two or more scores as soon as possible. There will be no Mafia left to attend games if we keep having to endure these roller-coasters. The human heart can only take so much.
Thank you Bills for the Dallas blowout however I don't think anyone needed the Chargers game to play out that way two days before Christmas, lol

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Allen was blitzed on half his drop backs today, obviously to good effect. Same was true last week, but the run game was working then, making the difference. Obviously when you play that way you’ll occasionally get burned deep, but the blitz + our receivers inability to get open underneath quick against man is a recipe to beat us. Need some court of a counter punch other than beating them over the top. Maybe more WR screens

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Allen was blitzed on half his drop backs today, obviously to good effect. Same was true last week, but the run game was working then, making the difference. Obviously when you play that way you’ll occasionally get burned deep, but the blitz + our receivers inability to get open underneath quick against man is a recipe to beat us. Need some court of a counter punch other than beating them over the top. Maybe more WR screens
Allen's efficiency numbers were quite good today. Furthermore, on the first 3rd down he had a back in the flat wide open and the 2nd 3rd down he just plain missed an open Gabe on what would have been a big play. That's two of his 5 total incompletions. He also had an outlet AND a running lane on the pick to Diggs.

All this to say, please God no more screens to Diggs. He's already a defensive focus and teams are all over it, and he doesn't seem comfortable catching the ball behind the line of scrimmage. Never has, really. I'm fine with the screens to Gabe and Shakir, but I don't think it was an area they got killed in today, frankly.

Reactions: Kupo

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I don't trust the win the division concept, since it'd need for one of the best teams in the league to lose two of their next three. One of those would be against us, but still.

Win out, get in, see what happens.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I don't trust the win the division concept, since it'd need for one of the best teams in the league to lose two of their next three. One of those would be against us, but still.

Dolphins go LL then best buffalo they win the division.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
They make it easy for us against hard teams….

They bring us to the brink of near death against the easy teams.

Such is life as a Bills fan. Just win out. Please.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

* yet to play

If truly injured and not masonic abuse of a fanbase as gullible as myself and many others. Yes. , if you track tre white. The plus/minus 18 is accurate .
You all have a much more reliable metric if you can get over all strange happenings of magical weather? tower telphony( hot and amazingly cold , zomibie like play across the league of manipulation..
Honestly look at Vons first ten games back after simlar surgery as a template for your edification and it would be interesting to all here as well.

Best? The dolphins...

One more note. , The harty turnover he's a pro. Never freaked out turned around ran backward while suddenly lazy not high and tight or two hand's falling after contact , very strange ( not impossible. Maybe had pikachu all over himand trying to murder him.
Josh was great all game run and pass, thriws the football like mariana rivera. Except 3 Odd one chucked duck to two chargers not under diress , not pickd , Diggs had time to hit him and floated a pass a toddler could pick off and one more. Out of character twilight zoner
Cook two arm drops two fumble out of character kincaid earl same, maybe unrelated to ozland inc
They came out good

No psychic buffalo audience. Xd out probably two thirds buffalo cant afford laptops or stream for 20 bucks and coack played super bowl as preparing days for us.

Excellent win. Nfl is a joke like unity all people moved elsewhere as all stars injured and all street drugs are synth poison bot real. , this all over soon.. F em. The self rationalization and anal justification of all time. Funny.

Last edited:

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
I tuned into the Cover 1 postgame before checking the score, judging from Greg's facial expression and the comment section I thought they lost lol.
A win is a win is a win. Keep winning

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So it looks like:

For us to get in at 10-7, we need the following to happen. We can't win the division at 10-7.

1. The 7 loss teams (Broncos, Bengals) to become 8 loss teams. We lose a tiebreaker with both the Bengals and Broncos

AND

2. One of Indy/Texans/Jacksonvlle to lose two games

OR

3. Cleveland to lose out.

Either way, NONE of it matters if we don't get to 10-7. We get to 11-6 we are in regardless.

It looks like there are some scenarios with a 3 way tie we for the last spot we could get in the top two (Over Houston it looks like)

Edit: Looks like in a 3 way tie with us and two of Jacksonville/Indy/Texans and the Bills, they would take ONE of the AFC south teams and us. That's actually kind of f***ed up lol.

1. Apply the division tiebreaker to eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tiebreaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two wild card participants.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012

Are the dolphins one of the best teams? We’ll find out the next two weeks.

I agree though, counting on the division is tough. It is hard to beat a good team twice in a row.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
They make it easy for us against hard teams….

They bring us to the brink of near death against the easy teams.

Such is life as a Bills fan. Just win out. Please.
This game was never going to be an easy game. This was a team that just got embarrassed the week before, and whose head coach was literally coaching like he had nothing to lose. And defensively, the Chargers still had have some players.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Media narrative:
Josh Allen, a week after being carried by James Cook, turned the ball over three times but was carried by his defense.

I'm counting on it.

Three touchdowns, led the eventual game winning drive, but that 50-yard interception with no return early in the third quarter... you just can't count on Josh.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
This game was never going to be an easy game. This was a team that just got embarrassed the week before, and whose head coach was literally coaching like he had nothing to lose. And defensively, the Chargers still had have some players.
I expected a close game but never thought it would be one where they needed a FG in the last minutes to win it. The offense still struggles multiple times a game. They are very vanilla. They either run it with Allen and Cook or throw deep down the sidelines. Where is the underneath stuff or the throws across midfield that most other teams use.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I expected a close game but never thought it would be one where they needed a FG in the last minutes to win it. The offense still struggles multiple times a game. They are very vanilla. They either run it with Allen and Cook or throw deep down the sidelines. Where is the underneath stuff or the throws across midfield that most other teams use.
So you expected a close game, but were surprised that it was a one score game?

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Phrased differently, it would require a team that hasn’t beaten a team with a winning record to go 1-2 against teams with winning records.

Reactions: ottsabrefan

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Whenever a coach is fired the team plays out of their minds. Chargers were amped for that game and Bills somehow came out with a W. Its the NFL, any team can win on any given Sunday. You have to find a way to win the close ones, and we did last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad