Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Broncos appear to be ready to rip it down. Frank Clark reportedly on the block. I wonder if Surtain is too. Beane isn't known to be very aggressive during the season with trades but those are two players i'd check in on.
Frank Clark (30yo DE) and Surtain (1 RD CB in year 3 of his rookie deal) are not equivalent.

Surtain would likely cost 2 1st round picks+. Beane isn't going there. Plus, fitting his cap hit could be tough.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Frank Clark (30yo DE) and Surtain (1 RD CB in year 3 of his rookie deal) are not equivalent.

Surtain would likely cost 2 1st round picks+. Beane isn't going there. Plus, fitting his cap hit could be tough.
I'm not saying they're equivalent. The point is Bronco's appear to be getting ready to rip it down and players will be available, possibly Nick Bonitto as well. I do think Buffalo has only a hair over $2.2MM in cap, but BB has shown before he can juggle around the final number.

Edit: Agreed that Surtain is a pipe dream, maybe they'd be willing to accept something like a 23 first, 24 2nd and Elam or some other player.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Broncos appear to be ready to rip it down. Frank Clark reportedly on the block. I wonder if Surtain is too. Beane isn't known to be very aggressive during the season with trades but those are two players i'd check in on.

No idea why we'd want Clark. Von/Floyd/Groot/AJE is PLENTY at DE.

He'd be hard to fit salary-wise, but the guy I'd look at from Denver's roster would be Josey Jewell.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018

He'd be hard to fit salary-wise, but the guy I'd look at from Denver's roster would be Josey Jewell.
I'll admit, I had Clark more of an OLB than a DE. But at 272 lbs I'm not sure he'd fair very well playing LB for Buffalo. Agreed DE is not a need at all.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

I would want him because I don't want him going anywhere in the AFC and depth is nice. If they can bundle for value, all for it.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I'm not saying they're equivalent. The point is Bronco's appear to be getting ready to rip it down and players will be available, possibly Nick Bonitto as well. I do think Buffalo has only a hair over $2.2MM in cap, but BB has shown before he can juggle around the final number.

Edit: Agreed that Surtain is a pipe dream, maybe they'd be willing to accept something like a 23 first, 24 2nd and Elam or some other player.
There is next to no chance that Surtain goes for that little when compared to recent trades for young DBs of his calibre.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Man, just looking at Josh Allen's Football Reference page and comparing it to Jim Kelly's, one thing stood out amongst the rest:

By his 28th birthday, Allen will have played six full seasons of football.​
By his 28th birthday, Kelly would have played two.​

If Allen plays until he's 36 (essentially, Kelly's age upon retirement), that's another 10 years of football. And people in the media are talking like Allen's already old-hat...

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Some real interesting games this weekend before ours regarding our own upcoming schedule:

SEA @ CIN - Has Cincinnati recovered from their brutal start? Or are good defenses going to be an issue for a hampered Burrow all year?

DET @ TB - Mayfields playing very well, and if that continues Tampa Bay is by far the class of the NFC South and could be a tough out on a Thursday night on short rest.

It's certainly possible that the little 2 game stretch after New England and before Denver/NY Jets is deceptively difficult and they're games Buffalo needs to have considering the 2nd half of the year gauntlet with a compromised defense.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Screen Shot 2023-10-12 at 3.18.00 PM.png

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Tyrod Taylor likely to start Sunday night for the Giants, wholly flashbacks!

Screen Shot 2023-10-12 at 4.13.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-12 at 4.10.18 PM.png

Last edited:

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Man, just looking at Josh Allen's Football Reference page and comparing it to Jim Kelly's, one thing stood out amongst the rest:

By his 28th birthday, Allen will have played six full seasons of football.​
By his 28th birthday, Kelly would have played two.​

If Allen plays until he's 36 (essentially, Kelly's age upon retirement), that's another 10 years of football. And people in the media are talking like Allen's already old-hat...
Jim Kelly played two seasons in the USFL before he came over to the Bills.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I didn't think Dane Jackson was injured enough to miss practice all week. I know the Giants are incapable of really taking advantage of the secondary weaknesses anyways, but the prospect of having Lewis/Elam on the field again is grim.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Tyrod Taylor likely to start Sunday night for the Giants, wholly flashbacks!

View attachment 751909

View attachment 751908
That might actually be a good thing for them

I didn't think Dane Jackson was injured enough to miss practice all week. I know the Giants are incapable of really taking advantage of the secondary weaknesses anyways, but the prospect of having Lewis/Elam on the field again is grim.
It would be Benford/Elam/Johnson and then Ingram/Lewis. Brown maybe gets a call but they could probably roll three safeties if they really really needed to

Reactions: buffalowing88

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Can anyone explain why Denver took a TO on 4th down with 22 seconds left? They put points on the board for KC....

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
As a Giants fan, I got two words for all y'all.

Caleb Williams.
Broncos look like the worst team I can remember recently, it will be hard to out tank them for Williams but there is also Drake Maye who has the prototypical size teams look for. Pats, Panthers, Cards, Vikes, and Bears may be down there too and take qb or auction the pick. If I were Williams I would not go to that Denver mess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad