Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

"Obviously, I'm thankful to have a quarterback who has my back and someone who understands, somebody who is out there, somebody who plays the game of football," Diggs said Thursday when asked about recent comments by quarterback Josh Allen. "For other people, it's hard for me to put it in words how much time and effort goes into football and how serious it is out there. When things aren't going right and you put a lot on yourself and you want more for yourself, you want more for your team."

I am so over all the people trying to create drama that is not there for clicks.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Broncos look like the worst team I can remember recently, it will be hard to out tank them for Williams but there is also Drake Maye who has the prototypical size teams look for. Pats, Panthers, Cards, Vikes, and Bears may be down there too and take qb or auction the pick. If I were Williams I would not go to that Denver mess.
Caleb is pulling an Eli and preemptively telling teams he won't report to them.

Giants are a tricky team. It's impossible to tell if they are tanking. Going to get eaten alive on Sunday night.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Realistically, the Bills need to power through the these next couple games. (NYG, @NE, Tampa, @ Cincy, Denver, NYJ). I think they can probably afford to lose 1 of those games and Cincy seems to have pulled out of their early season funk, so that is far from a gimme.

I know our D is banged up, but our offense isn't. It's time to stack some wins and hope we can either find some reinforcements before the trade deadline.

Our last 7 weeks are:

@ Philadelphia
BYE
@ KC
Cowboys
@ LAC
NE
@Miami

There IS a buy in there, however, I think 3-4 wins max is what we see there.

So, 8-3 going into those games means 11 or 12 wins. That should be comfortably in the playoffs.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Realistically, the Bills need to power through the these next couple games. (NYG, @NE, Tampa, @ Cincy, Denver, NYJ). I think they can probably afford to lose 1 of those games and Cincy seems to have pulled out of their early season funk, so that is far from a gimme.

I know our D is banged up, but our offense isn't. It's time to stack some wins and hope we can either find some reinforcements before the trade deadline.

Our last 7 weeks are:

@ Philadelphia
BYE
@ KC
Cowboys
@ LAC
NE
@Miami

There IS a buy in there, however, I think 3-4 wins max is what we see there.

So, 8-3 going into those games means 11 or 12 wins. That should be comfortably in the playoffs.
I'm a little more optimistic. I see 4-5 (max) before Philadelphia, with that last Jets' game being a must-win. Then, 3-4 max sounds about right. It's all going to depend upon the health of the players though, and that's not limited to the Bills' roster.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
For anyone that missed this last night, Steve Smith tore up Jeudy:

I agree with him, I'll just copy and paste this tweet everytime someone suggests we should target him over the next 9 months.

With Gabe Davis on pace for 1000+ yds and 10+ TDs, and all the needs on defense, I do not understand why anyone would be fixated on adding a WR right now.

And if they let Davis walk this off season, there are all sorts of better options than Jeudy, IMO.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Given what our D-line is likely to do to the Giants' "O-line".........I feel bad for Tyrod.
Maybe my memory is rosy, but I always liked Tyrod because he understood his limitations and rarely killed the Bills with a turnover or untimely sack.
I know he's ~7-years removed from his tenure in BUF, but TT matches better than DJ vs. Bills defense, IMO.
TT is smart on ball security and likely more elusive than DJ.
The differences may be marginal, given TT's age, but it's kind of a wash.
e.g.,
Jones vs. Bills likely racks up more offensive numbers, but his defensive losses (pressures, sacks, TOs) will be greater whereas TT puts up less offensive numbers, but with less defensive losses, so similar net between the two of them.
The hypotheticals are moot, however. We'll see how it plays out IRL Sunday night.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Maybe my memory is rosy, but I always liked Tyrod because he understood his limitations and rarely killed the Bills with a turnover or untimely sack.
I know he's ~7-years removed from his tenure in BUF, but TT matches better than DJ vs. Bills defense, IMO.
TT is smart on ball security and likely more elusive than DJ.
The differences may be marginal, given TT's age, but it's kind of a wash.
e.g.,
Jones vs. Bills likely racks up more offensive numbers, but his defensive losses (pressures, sacks, TOs) will be greater whereas TT puts up less offensive numbers, but with less defensive losses, so similar net between the two of them.
The hypotheticals are moot, however. We'll see how it plays out IRL Sunday night.

Definitely agree that I'd rather face Jones at this point just because he needs some kind of a line not to implode and start losing the football/yards. Taylor isn't going to do that, he's just going to dink and dunk us and it probably won't amount to much but it's a better fit for this game for the Giants.

He definitely understood his limitations with us, I just wonder what he would have looked like with an OC who was aggressive with the pass. Roman and Lynn weren't interested in that so we didn't really get to see the kind of throws I think Taylor was capable of.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
Did anyone else see the Josh Allen McFarlane figure? Seriously? Why would you make a figure of one of the most dynamic players in football just...standing there with his hands in a hand warmer? What a waste.

Reminded me of the infamous Jocelyn Thibault figure that featured him drinking out of a water bottle.

10353_01_NL.jpg

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
With Gabe Davis on pace for 1000+ yds and 10+ TDs, and all the needs on defense, I do not understand why anyone would be fixated on adding a WR right now.

And if they let Davis walk this off season, there are all sorts of better options than Jeudy, IMO.
I've been preaching this for longer than anyone.

They really need to find a way to sign Davis long term though. He's always seemed like such a good team first guy.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Serious question - why isn’t the media talking about Mahomes turnover issues? Every week we hear about how turnover prone Allen is, yet over their past 23 regular season games, Allen has only 2 more INTs and much of that was all while dealing with a significant elbow injury…

I hate media narratives.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Serious question - why isn’t the media talking about Mahomes turnover issues? Every week we hear about how turnover prone Allen is, yet over their past 23 regular season games, Allen has only 2 more INTs and much of that was all while dealing with a significant elbow injury…

I hate media narratives.
Maybe I’m under thinking it, but it’s probably because Mahomes has won two superbowls? If Josh brings home even one, I doubt people will talk about his interceptions at all.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Maybe I’m under thinking it, but it’s probably because Mahomes has won two superbowls? If Josh brings home even one, I doubt people will talk about his interceptions at all.
No, you're pretty much spot on with it. The problem is that a lot of the people in front of the cameras are underthinking/underperforming.

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
^^Taylor threw a beautiful deep ball, IIRC.

and I recall that hot high school girl that I then saw at my high school reunion……

I hate media narratives.

because they won super bowls and they have survived their close games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad