Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I did a Pro Football Network mock, looking at the Bills free agents in the next two seasons. Both lines are going to lose virtually everyone. So I shaded toward it heavily. I made a trade down from 27 to 32 in the first round to add the 3rd round consolation pick we know is coming.

1.) Jordan Morgan OT Arizona. Replacement for Dawkins. He's a free agent after the 2024 season, so it gives Morgan a year to learn and then get ready to take over. Morgan is among my favorite line prospects. If his knee checks out, he's a LT in the Matt Light mold.

2.) McKinnley Jackson NT Texas A&M. Huge NT who could be a space eater in the middle of the defense.

3.) Bryce Foster C Texas A&M. Replacement for Morse. He's a free agent after the 2024 season, so it gives Foster a year to learn and then get ready to take over. Likely to be high on RAS, might not makeit this far in the draft.

3.) Blake Fisher OT Notre Dame. Replacement for Brown. He's a free agent after the 2024 season, so it gives Fisher a year to learn and then get ready to take over. New age RT, has LT feet

They'll have more than nobody. They don't need to do a thing to run it back in 24 on the OL, but if Morse in particular steps away they've got a starter and a backup already in place between Bates and Alec Anderson who was terrific in preseason at C. They'll have holes to address at WR (assuming that someone gives Gabe the bag), Safety and Corner. Need to extend DaQuil for another year, sure. Sucked to lose Ankou, thought he was far better option than Ford now and going forward. You can always find rotation guys for reasonable rates... sometimes you stick it out and a Floyd drops in your lap.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
They'll have more than nobody. They don't need to do a thing to run it back in 24 on the OL, but if Morse in particular steps away they've got a starter and a backup already in place between Bates and Alec Anderson who was terrific in preseason at C. They'll have holes to address at WR (assuming that someone gives Gabe the bag), Safety and Corner. Need to extend DaQuil for another year, sure. Sucked to lose Ankou, thought he was far better option than Ford now and going forward. You can always find rotation guys for reasonable rates... sometimes you stick it out and a Floyd drops in your lap.
I think this is the perfect draft to address WR. Let Gabe walk, grab a comp pick (could even be a 3rd rounder with how WRs are valued around the league). Take a 1st or 2nd round WR--use the extra pick from Edmunds to trade up if desired. Provides a complement to Diggs in the present and potentially a replacement as the #1 guy down the road, which is a ceiling Davis doesn't have.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021

Excellent! The Colts gets someone to take the load off of Richardson, and by the time Taylor's extension expires the Colts will have the option of extending Richardson or taking another kick at the proverbial can. Plus, it shows the Colts' lockerroom that if they perform well, and stick around, there's a chance they'll be rewarded for it monetarily - regardless of position.

This is how the Giants should have treated Saquon.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Bernard was the Bills own 3rd rounder last year. We got a 5th rounder for Gillislee in 2017...which was used on Matt Milano.

And they should get a 3rd rounder next year for allowing Bernard to upgrade the MLB position this year. Now that's how you maximize assets!

Side note: I firmly believe Dorian Williams is going to be a menace at some point. He looked for more instinctive and impactful in his first preseason than Bernard did last year. He'll show out when his number gets called.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006

7drHiqr.gif

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
The key with jet lag is to get a nap or two on the on the way there if possible, then stay up to night there then go to bed and trick your body."Sleepyhead" worries me. Also NFL guys need to travel more in the offseason, it's many of these guys first trip to Europe! And NEVER take a sleep aid!!
If you just adjust your sleeping habits a bit before going it's not a big deal though it will certainly impact the performance next game as well.

I'd recommend using melatonin to help going to sleep a bit earlier and fix the internal clock.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Honestly fine if every maybe player sits for this game. Should be fine against the Jags (the offense is gonna put up points) and if we lose, eh. The circumstance of having to travel 6 hours back in time against a team that's had 10 days to adjust is enough for me to not really care how the game goes. It will be fun to have a full day of (relatively) carefree football.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If you’re counting on Bates and Anderson as line replacements, start looking for a back up QB who can play after Allen gets hurt.

After the 24-25 season, it’s just McGovern on the OL.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad