Confirmed with Link: Sean Walker & 5th round pick ('26) traded to Colorado for 1st round pick ('25 - top 10 protected) & Ryan Johansen - Johansen assigned to Lehigh Valley

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How Do You Grade The Trade?

• Total voters

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
Yeah the value here is pretty weak, gotta say. I'd still rather they do this trade than nothing (or worse, resign Walker too) but no one should be parading this around as some win by Danny boy.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
If Colorado only paid a first to unload Johansen & acquire Walker that’s a really good trade for them.

You essentially traded a first instead of a second to ditch Johnasen’s contract which could have prevented some flexibility this summer & next deadline as a contender.
148.jpg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I fail to see the problem here. We have cap space, Walker was likely returning a 2nd at best. Getting another first is a huge win.

If we can somehow fleece someone for another 1st for Laughton, we're cooking on gas.

The Flyers are rebuilding and don't need a #1d while they do that. So they should just trade Sanheim, right?

If you give away an asset for free ( or below value) it's a bad process. It doesn't matter that you have the means to make it feel less impactful. 4M in cap space has value, as documented in previous trades. The fact that the Flyers took it on for...nothing is a problem. No amount of orange tint to the glasses fixes that.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Just a 2024 2nd would've been better. Maybe even a conditional 2025 2nd

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I was not as insistent on a first as others, so I'm probably less happy than most of us.

I don't think that's great value, right? With the desperation for Dmen heading into the playoffs, he probably should have fetched a first on his own. But then to take on RJ AND give up a fifth AND push the first to 2025 AND to have it top-10 protected? Not a massive loss, but it would be nice to get appropriate value for once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad