Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA/PIT] Kraken select Brandon Tanev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
The Pens didn't protect McCann over Blueger. They decided Blueger plus a prospect and pick were worth more than protecting McCann.
And....now McCann out scoring bleuger and zucker combined...what a bonehead hextall is

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
McCann isn't a better center than Blueger for what the Penguins need at center.

Not everything is just based on NHL 22 ratings you know. McCann is an offensive line center, I'm pretty sure the Penguins are set really damn well there.
Okay, had to jump in here.
This is false on several levels.
McCann is a two way center, who is just as good as a defensive center than he is as an offensive one.
Second, we didn't need a dime a dozen player like Bluger more than we needed McCann. Especially when you unfairly frame it as McCann vs. Blueger based on Pens need at center when what he brought to the team as a LW on Carters line created legit 3 lines that can score like a top line which is a matchup nightmare (which Sullivan failed to exploit or utilize). That kind of high level depth is far more valuable and difficult to find than an above average 4th line C

Also just because you have a surplus of valuable assets at one position, doesn't mean the value is diminished and Hextall completely took such a mindset

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
And....now McCann out scoring bleuger and zucker combined...what a bonehead hextall is

Incorrect. This never needed to happen. Absolutely got schooled by dubas and Francis here.
Do we need to point out just how invisible McGinn has been in comparison to tanev? Or that McCann is outscoring most of penguin forwards? They were going to lose of them yes but this was a disaster and the penguins last week has shown this.

Good God...
I can't believe that I find myself in 100% agreement with Jerkbait...

FML

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad