Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA/PIT] Kraken select Brandon Tanev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

inxs

Jun 13, 2011
Brandon Tanev is a big surprise offensively this year.

GPGAPts+/-PIMPPGSHGGWGTOISPtsPG
Points Per Games Played
YTD86064910214:27180.8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

inxs

Jun 13, 2011
upload_2021-10-29_18-35-20.png

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That Brandon Tanev wasn't worth protecting over Carter and Blueger with Malkin's ruined knee?

The Penguins are a deep team, especially up front. They were going to lose a good player.

No the strange part was first trading McCann and then leaving Tanev unprotected. He should have held onto McCann (an even better Center than Bleuger) and just let Seattle choose between he and Tanev.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
No the strange part was first trading McCann and then leaving Tanev unprotected. He should have held onto McCann (an even better Center than Bleuger) and just let Seattle choose between he and Tanev.
Be careful, Pens fans drastically overrate Blueger.

Reactions: Rebels57

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Dont get me wrong he is a good player but this is 8 games. He is also shooting at 33%, his goalscoring will slow down pretty fast...

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Pittsburgh is looking like Florida in the last expansion draft by donating two solid players to Seattle.

When they were on the Pens you wouldn't shut up about how terrible they (and any depth player) were.

Truth is both are solid players but will not sustain their offensive output. Pens replaced Tanev at a lower cap hit with McGinn and at least got a prospect for McCann. McCann was never going to get used correctly here anyways. It sucks losing decent players but not everyone had a Gavin Bayreuther to sacrifice.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
When they were on the Pens you wouldn't shut up about how terrible they (and any depth player) were.

Truth is both are solid players but will not sustain their offensive output. Pens replaced Tanev at a lower cap hit with McGinn and at least got a prospect for McCann. McCann was never going to be used correctly here anyways. It sucks losing decent players but not everyone had a Gavin Bayreuther to sacrifice.
Tanev was overpaid in my opinion. McCann sucked in the playoffs, but I certainly wouldn’t haven’t protected Blueger over McCann. Hell, half of our forwards have sucked in the playoffs for years now. Prior to the expansion draft, Pens fans were saying Tanev is on a bargain contract and worth more than Hyman. Then, we lose him and suddenly no one cares.

The penguins acquired a prospect for McCann that couldn’t make a team with the likes of Simon and Lafferty. Not all prospects are identical.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Tanev was overpaid in my opinion. Mccann sucked in the playoffs, but I certainly wouldn’t haven’t protected Blueger over McCann.

The Pens didn't protect McCann over Blueger. They decided Blueger plus a prospect and pick were worth more than protecting McCann.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The Pens didn't protect McCann over Blueger. They decided Blueger plus a prospect and pick were worth more than protecting McCann.
That pick is a 7th rounder, which is pretty much worthless. The prospect is someone that had a very disappointing camp, and has 1 point in 5 AHL games. The pick and Hallander have 0 value as of today.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
That pick is a 7th rounder, which is pretty much worthless. The prospect is someone that had a very disappointing camp, and has 1 point in 5 AHL games. The pick and Hallander have 0 value as of today.

Good to know that your eye for talent is so keen that you can write a player off after their 5th pro game in North America. How are you not working in the league?

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm still so proud of Tanev as a Jets fan. He walked into training camp as an undrafted tryout, became a fan favorite in Winnipeg because of his work ethic, landed his big contract in Pittsburgh, and now he's killing it in Seattle. He is the one player in the league who you can never criticize for taking a day off. He has earned every dime of every contract he has ever earned, and I hope he still has a lot left in the tank.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
He's become the heart and soul of the Seattle Kraken. I see him being their next leader, as he's been their best bet. Loved him in Winnipeg.

Reactions: fmrdh

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Good to know that your eye for talent is so keen that you can write a player off after their 5th pro game in North America. How are you not working in the league?
How does Hallander have ANY value right now? We started the season decimated with injuries/COVID and he still couldn’t come close to cracking the roster.

Meanwhile, McCann has 7 points. Maybe Hallander one day develops into a bottom six player for the Penguins, but that likely won’t be until we are in full rebuild.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

McCann isn't a better center than Blueger for what the Penguins need at center.

Not everything is just based on NHL 22 ratings you know. McCann is an offensive line center, I'm pretty sure the Penguins are set really damn well there.

Reactions: reino

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Pittsburgh is looking like Florida in the last expansion draft by donating two solid players to Seattle.
Tallon gave up two first line forwards to protect a bottom pair defenseman who bottomed out into a career AHLer.
Pittsburgh turned McCann into Kapanen and lost a third line winger.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
That Brandon Tanev wasn't worth protecting over Carter and Blueger with Malkin's ruined knee?

The Penguins are a deep team, especially up front. They were going to lose a good player.
Incorrect. This never needed to happen. Absolutely got schooled by dubas and Francis here.
Do we need to point out just how invisible McGinn has been in comparison to tanev? Or that McCann is outscoring most of penguin forwards? They were going to lose of them yes but this was a disaster and the penguins last week has shown this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad