Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA/PIT] Kraken select Brandon Tanev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I like him as a pick. I think that contract is a lot easier to deal with as an expansion team than it is as an established team.

Reactions: StIvany4Norris

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Thought that contract was crazy when signed, must have been pretty good if someone wants it for free 2 years later. Guys that play like him and can keep up with the NHL are just getting harder and harder to find (hence the contract in the first place).

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Over zucker?

Honestly, as a Penguins fan I can't fathom why Seattle would choose Zucker over any of Tanev/ZAR/Pettersson/DeSmith unless they were convinced they could pump his value before trading him at the deadline. Given how poor Zucker has looked with the talent he's surrounded with, that's a tough bet to make when there's other options on the table.

Signing up to be on the hook for Tanev's contract into his mid-30s when you're not expecting to be in the depths of a rebuild, as the Penguins inevitably are going to be when Tanev's deal runs out, is the only surprise to me.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's going to be funny when Zucker has a huge bounce back season next year when you know... He can actually visit his kids.

Dude had a significant injury and was the worst player in terms of the COVID situation. Easily see him having a bounce back next year. Especially since he won't be playing with Geno.

Reactions: Ignatius

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Kraken are getting an effective player for the time being. Will he be good in Year 4 or 5 of the contract? Who knows...

Also, Seravalli is making a name for himself. He's broken like 90% of the stuff.

Reactions: gn2007

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
jets should have kept tanev and let copp walk. underated player.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I thought this was the obvious choice. When I look at my picks and the lineup, I wish I had a Tanev I could put on each line.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
It's not like Tanev is not a valuable player for the Pens. But GMJR just made contractual decisions that lacked any sense of limitations or financial awareness. I understand the pressure to win with the core, but never at the expense of future flexibility. The contract if Tanev is the selection starts the reversal of the GMJR period of anything goes financially. Pens can replace him with a banger with size and with a much lower AAV. Petts has to go and the rumor was a deal was close before the Seattle ED. With 4 million plus Tanev 3.5 million and Petts gone hopefully for picks, that at least gives the Pens some wiggle room in cap space of 11.5 million.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Good player, bad contract, but he fits a role. Roleplayers were surprisingly rare when i did my mock draft.

Killswitch7187

Winter is here
Jun 29, 2009
State College, PA
Good pick by SEA. He's an easy guy to root for and will be an instant fan favorite. With that said, can't say it's a "bad thing" from the Penguins perspective either. Going to lose somebody in the draft, might as well be your 3.5m bottom-6er.

Reactions: StIvany4Norris

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Well shit that's surprising. I really thought his contract would be prohibitive.

Certainly not mad about it though.
You did? The rumours has it that a lot of teams are willing to give Goodrow (who's a lesser player) the same contract.

Tanev seemed like the obvious choice to me.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
brandon-tanev-2021-50.jpg

This man is officially a Krackhead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad