Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA/PIT] Kraken select Brandon Tanev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Tanev and McCann out clears cap. Zucker and Pettersson are available for trade, presumably (though with 2 Ws out already, I probably keep him another year).

Hextall is going to have ammo in the UFA market if he wants to remake the team to his liking and the kids are going to have spots available if they are ready. Given the recent lack of playoff success, that might be a good thing.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Something to keep in mind, there could be a trade in the background as well. Especially if it’s surprising Seattle took the contract. Trades supposed to be announced tonight

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
I liked Turbo, the guy is menace and hits a bunch, but his hands are never there. He would score 20 goals if he could get stick on puck sometimes.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Over zucker?
No GM in their right mind woukd have taken zucker off the pens hands......I predicted tanev or pettersen going a few weeks ago.....the only grit the pens had is gone , softest team currently in the NHL

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
No GM in their right mind woukd have taken zucker off the pens hands......I predicted tanev or pettersen going a few weeks ago.....the only grit the pens had is gone , softest team currently in the NHL
...... I raise you the Maple Leafs, who are about to lose both Bogosian and Hyman. The remainder of the leafs sleep with night lights.

Maybe when the leafs and Penguins meet and players gets frustrated, the refs will throw pillows onto the ice to encourage players to let off some steam and fight it out

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
brandon-tanev-2021-50.jpg

This man is officially a Krackhead

Reactions: Nickmo82

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
...... I raise you the Maple Leafs, who are about to lose both Bogosian and Hyman. The remainder of the leafs sleep with night lights.

Maybe when the leafs and Penguins meet and players gets frustrated, the refs will throw pillows onto the ice to encourage players to let off some steam and fight it out
Leafs lose nothing off their roster for the expansion draft. Penguins lose 2 top 9 forwards. Point leafs ...leafs have the best goal scorer in the NHL. Point leafs ... leafs have more forward depth...point leafs ... leafs fleeced penguins twice in recent deals..leafs have better playoff goaltending...TJ brodie is a better defender than any any penguin D not named dumo... penguins stuck with zucker...simmonds has more grit than the whole penguin bottom 6 combined ...your gonna need to try harder ..both teams soft , penguins are softer

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Tanev and McCann out clears cap. Zucker and Pettersson are available for trade, presumably (though with 2 Ws out already, I probably keep him another year).

Hextall is going to have ammo in the UFA market if he wants to remake the team to his liking and the kids are going to have spots available if they are ready. Given the recent lack of playoff success, that might be a good thing.
Hahhaha you understand zuckers value is alot lower than when the penguins traded for him right??? What do you expect to get back ??? Pettersson as well. These are marginal players who bring back well marginal returns. The penguins biggest prize would have been Zack Hyman but it appears he is leaving for the west coast. The extra cap spent will be spent on a goalie and will have little effect of the skating roster . Dubas fleeced hextall for McCann who really had more trade value than pettersen. He could have easily got a D for him yet it cost them 2 forwards and their only asset is a prospect and cap space that needs to spent to fill a gaping hole created by your goalies poor play....the free agent they wanted left for the west coast.....after the draft, one must ask themselves what team has suffering the most and with the exception of the champion tamap bay lightning its the Pittsburgh penguins.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Pens were always gonna lose a player to Seattle. So you can look at it as they were losing McCann to Seattle and traded Tanev for Hållander and a 7th.

And thats bit too bad. Pens, like a lot of teams, need to cut salary due to the flat cap. And Tanev at 3m+ is a luxury for a 4th line player the pens can't afford atm.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Really would suck to see him go as a pens fan. People complain about his contract, but he was worth every penny. Always showed up, always played hard and had underrated skill

Yeah, that pretty much nails it. The only relief is the contract being gone when he might've been on IR alot towards the end.

Other than that, the Pens lost a guy who was all heart and brought it every shift. At a time when the org needs so many more guys like that. Hands of stone or not, he played with a huge heart, and I'm going to miss him.

Good luck, Turbo. Hope Seattle enjoys him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad