Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA/PIT] Kraken select Brandon Tanev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Haven't the picks been submitted to the league for 40 minutes. The should have already picked their player.

Reactions: voxel

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Really good pick for Seattle if their goal is to put together a winning team in a short amount of time. Tanev can be their Barclay Goodrow and play a bottom-6 game with a good amount of skill on top of it, as well. That's a rarer commodity than given credit for.

Goodrow’s value came from a cheap contract. Tanev is a 4th liner on a contender.

Reactions: King 88

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Goodrow’s value came from a cheap contract. Tanev is a 4th liner on a contender.

Well, some of it did. But Tanev has been worth his pay so far in Pittsburgh. Teams like the Islanders are unafraid of expensive bottom-6 pieces for a reason, as long as they truly play at an above-replacement level like Martin/Cizikas/Clutterbuck do.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Well, that's interesting.

Sucks to lose a guy utterly deserving of the nickname Turbo if it happens. The kind of guy you want on your team.

On the flip side, I won't be sad about losing that contract before it has a chance to turn sour. Absolutely worth the AAV in a bubble, but with a flat cap, 4 years remaining, a play-style that begs to spend half the season on the IR coming off a season in which he spent half of on the IR...we've seen his name pop up on a few lists, but there's definitely a bigger chance of this one blowing up on Seattle than other options. I'm torn.

If it is Tanev, I fully expect him to be one of the faces of the franchise early on. The fans will f***ing love him.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Well, some of it did. But Tanev has been worth his pay so far in Pittsburgh. Teams like the Islanders are unafraid of expensive bottom-6 pieces for a reason, as long as they truly play at an above-replacement level like Martin/Cizikas/Clutterbuck do.

Meh. A lot of the time Tanev just skated around fast and threw body checks that didn’t do much. I’m not sold on him especially once he gets over 30.

Let’s see how Clutterbuck and Martin workout if Cizikas is gone.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
"So Brandon, you've been picked by Seattle. Without using any words, tell us how you feel."

8479293.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad