Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] Jared McCann signs extension with Kraken (5 years, $5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
Weird player who is somehow both underrated (that boy can shoot) and overrated (kind of a ditz who isnt great at playing off his teammates)

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
That McCann contract is downright bonkers. He's not a top-6 player on a good team, yet they're paying him top-6 money.

As soon as Seattle becomes good and realizes McCann is a 3rd liner on a good team, they're going to regret that deal. If McCann was a center, I'd be much less concerned with this deal, but he's really not a center.
Wrong. So wrong.
And I am pretty sure Seattle has a far better read on McCann than yours

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
There's a difference between being a legitimate top-6 forward and producing at a top-6 forward rate.

McCann is producing a lot because someone has to produce. It's the same situation as someone like Boedker when he was in Arizona, he was given the prime scoring minutes in Arizona, so he produced because of it. As soon as he left Arizona, everyone realized he was nothing more than a 3rd liner.
He produced last year at a similar or even better pace despite being 12th in ice time amongst Pens forwards and did so without the benefit of choice deployment or the Crosby/Malkin points bump as well as leading the team in nearly every major adv. stat category. Points per 60 and goals per 60 he was hovering around the top 20 league wide and power play gp60 he led the entire NHL, so the facts disagree with your opinion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad