Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] Jared McCann signs extension with Kraken (5 years, $5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Good player, fine contact.

One of the few moves from Seattle that I like.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Not so Fun fact
McCann was drafted 24th in 2014 by Jim Benning and the Canucks, the pick was a part of the return from the Kesler trade to the Ducks.

After his first nhl season, in 2016 he was traded to Florida for Eric Gudbranson, Benning even threw in a 2nd round pick without Florida asking for it because he thought, as I quote “they would want more than just Jared McCann”

Edit: Canucks now only has Tanner Pearson and a half retired Brandon Sutter to show for the Kesler trade, :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Good for him, still have no idea why Pens didnt protect him. I think because Rutherford had just given up back to back 1st rounders for Zucker and Kapanen that Hextall was reluctant to not protect those two.

Either way it was the wrong move. And this isnt even an in hindsight discussion. He was better and more productive than those two players last year

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Good for him, still have no idea why Pens didnt protect him. I think because Rutherford had just given up back to back 1st rounders for Zucker and Kapanen that Hextall was reluctant to not protect those two.

Either way it was the wrong move. And this isnt even an in hindsight discussion. He was better and more productive than those two players last year

Zucker wasn’t protected. Kapanen was coming off a 60 pt pace season.

Crosby
Malkin
Guentzel
Rust
Kapanen
Carter
Blueger

Was our protection list. We chose to retain our center depth.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Zucker wasn’t protected. Kapanen was coming off a 60 pt pace season.

Crosby
Malkin
Guentzel
Rust
Kapanen
Carter
Blueger

Was our protection list. We chose to retain our center depth.
You are right, I mis-remebered about carter being protected over Zucks.

The ironic part being Mccann playing well in a center role.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Dude came to play when it mattered most and cashed in. Good on him. I wish him nothing but continued success in Seattle.

Love his hat too.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
5x5 is fair value for McCann. Makes sense why both PIT and Toronto moved on.

To be fair we "moved on" because of a bad judgement call, that most of us fans were in agreement with at the time of the expansion draft. Good for McCann and the Kraken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad