Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] G Joey Daccord signs extension with the Kraken (5 years, $5M AAV)

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As a Kraken fan I’m happy with this. He’s our best goalie.
Now if only Disco Dan and Ron Francis could figure that out.

The bad contract is Grubauers.
I'm somewhat surprised they didn't buy him out this past summer. I've gotta think the playoff berth the year before (which had nothing to do with Grubauer) may have bought him another year. Maybe even particularly because he won a playoff round against the defending cup champions.

I can't see him back next year, unless it's in an LTIR role. Then again, if he has a good season (which I would be convinced is nothing more than an up year/one off renaissance comeback year) maybe they try and get one more year of out of him.

Reactions: MasterofGrond

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I just don't like risky contracts with a goalie. To a Center, Defenseman etc, I can understand it. I guess my thoughts are getting outdated with Swayman's deal. It's just a massive risk in the headcase category to make.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Not going to lie my stupid ass thought Daccord was the goalie Florida waived and that Seattle claimed him and gave him this contract to really destroy the Islanders stupidity from when they claimed Brian Strait and then gave him a 3 year extension.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Now if only Disco Dan and Ron Francis could figure that out.

I'm somewhat surprised they didn't buy him out this past summer. I've gotta think the playoff berth the year before (which had nothing to do with Grubauer) may have bought him another year. Maybe even particularly because he won a playoff round against the defending cup champions.

I can't see him back next year, unless it's in an LTIR role. Then again, if he has a good season (which I would be convinced is nothing more than an up year/one off renaissance comeback year) maybe they try and get one more year of out of him.

The Kraken don't need to buy out Grubauer yet because of Daccord's current contract. Next year though, unless he really shows up this year (like .910 or better) and the Kraken do exceptionally better than expected, Francis would be nuts not to consider the buyout. 10.9 tied up in goalies? NO THANKS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad