Fire Luke Richardson

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I agree and the GM is just as bad or even worse, I don’t get this team he constructed, its Beddard which he got lucky with, and just a bunch of middle 6 guys, we need another 3 top line players if we are to win a cup and actually compete with the best. There is literally no plan for that, nothing that’s clear at least, we have nothing crazy in the pipeline and he blew the draft this year which he has a chance to get that guy to make that much needed duo. I doubt he’s smart enough to bring in guys anyone to fill those roles from free agency or trades, so what gives? Prepare for painful years ahead boys. I am not saying this cause of watching this game, the team has improved but it’s not a winning formula I don’t see the grand plan, it’s a clueless GM putting some crap together and hoping it sticks.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I agree and the GM is just as bad or even worse, I don’t get this team he constructed, its Beddard which he got lucky with, and just a bunch of middle 6 guys, we need another 3 top line players if we are to win a cup and actually compete with the best. There is literally no plan for that, nothing that’s clear at least, we have nothing crazy in the pipeline and he blew the draft this year which he has a chance to get that guy to make that much needed duo. I doubt he’s smart enough to bring in guys anyone to fill those roles from free agency or trades, so what gives? Prepare for painful years ahead boys. I am not saying this cause of watching this game, the team has improved but it’s not a winning formula I don’t see the grand plan, it’s a clueless GM putting some crap together and hoping it sticks.
I wanted Demidov over AL but finding RD with Size and speed is not easy so I will wait till after AL is on the ice for a few months to freak out. this next draft is strong at C and W. other then that and a few over pays on shorter term deals what would you have done massively differently. clearly bringing back AA at 2 years was a mistake. Brodie at 2 years looks questionable right now. We are going to need one of our picks to become a 70 pt forward. not sure who that is but we also need better players 4-12 and I think in a few years we will. IF AL is not a top line RD at #2 that will be pretty daming. that said Im not sold on who went #3 or # 4. AZ has been picking top 10 for how many years in row? 10? we have 3 draft so far. I also think with Forwards he has looked for guys that project as 2 way players. Nazar, Moore, Boisvert, vanneker. SAAD and Hossa we not huge producers during our CUP runs but that effected W and Losses. would you rather pay guys $5-$6 mil and have them put up 50 pts with a positive +- or 70 pts 8mil and negative +-? Does this team need more skill, YES, does it feel like LD is a playoff winning coach NO. When stan gutted the farm system and traded away lots of 1st round picks. what are you going to do. CAT, Hagel, and Kane meant we drafted between 5-10 so would you lock them into long term deals. that is no mans land.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If you guys had to put a % on it, what % of how bad the Hawks were/are this season and the past season due to Richardson and what % is due to the Hawks just having a bad roster?

With a better coach how much better could this team actually be?

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
If you guys had to put a % on it, what % of how bad the Hawks were/are this season and the past season due to Richardson and what % is due to the Hawks just having a bad roster?

last season i was at maybe 75-85% lack of talent. this season is still young, but i would ballpark probably about 50-60% lack of talent so far, and that number will only continue to fall with performances like last night's.

with a really great coach, this team would still be lucky to be threatening for the wild card. not even squinting makes this look like a playoff-bound group.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Last year? 95%team 5%coaching
This year? If nothing changes from last year. 90/10

Reactions: ClydeLee

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Derek King seems like a good guy but I doubt he helps much . The rest of the Staff are well thought of .

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not sure I disagree but something needs to be about these piss poor starts and to me that falls primarily on the coaching staff.
A coach can only do or say so much to get his players ready to play. Players need to be motivated themselves, or find something that motivates them. Only thing the coach can do is threaten players ice times, and that's not something LR is afforded with no one else to play in their place.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Not sure I disagree but something needs to be about these piss poor starts and to me that falls primarily on the coaching staff.
The Dynasty Hawks weren't starting games on time or playing a full 60 minutes all the time either. I'm convinced that's just a hockey-ism and an unrealistic expectation, personally.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
What annoys me about Luke is, and this will only be exemplified more this season, is how much patience he seems to have for veteran players. TJ Brodie played 17 minutes last night despite looking cooked. Martinez played 24 minutes when he has no business playing that much. Our best D played 19 minutes last night and Allan only played 10 minutes. He throws Jones out there for 26 minutes and the guy can't even skate the puck through the middle of the ice on the PP without mishandling it and losing possession.

It's an undesirable position at the moment because the Hawks just don't have the personnel but I don't think I ever need to see a PP unit of Maroon, Smith, Martinez and Donato again either.

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad