GDT: SCP24 | RD3 | GM5 | Dallas Stars vs. Edmonton Oilers | 7:30PM CT | TNT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Time for some big adjustments. Edmonton has been a better team structurally every game this series, sometimes by miles.

Bourque. More north south net crashing. Less over passing East west play.

Reactions: ck26

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I love this team, but there are so many small adjustments and experiments DeBoer just won't try and it's so frustrating. Bourque, Smith, Bichsel in. Dellandrea, Petrovic out. At least move Pavs to the bottom 6 with no pp.

Reactions: roryjones

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Once again no line changes during the game except moving Pavelski to the 4th line is just shocking..back to back games using these lines where the effort is not there.

We put in a similar effort vs the Avs in game 6 and then the line changes sparked everything. No clue why DeBoer isn't doing that.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
So many missing and invisible players, and many visible for the wrong reasons. Seems like a very possible Cup win wasn't enough to motivate them. Or were they coached to ditch our normal style in the last two games and play so timidly? I hope that they at least show some guts and effort in the last game, try and go out with some pride.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Once again no line changes during the game except moving Pavelski to the 4th line is just shocking..back to back games using these lines where the effort is not there.

We put in a similar effort vs the Avs in game 6 and then the line changes sparked everything. No clue why DeBoer isn't doing that.
I really don't rate De Boer, and was deflated when we hired him. I think we are seeing the reasons he has never made it all the way. He's not bad, just not a coach that will win the whole thing. Too safe and placid. And tied to his veterans. And he comes with Spott attached at the hip and he's awful.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Also, feels crazy to say this but we are wayyy too worried about McDavid and Draisaitl. We are literally changing our entire gameplan around them. So many times we pull 2 guys to cover them leaving usually a guy or 2 wide open. Our dmen don't get involved offensively because we are terrified of giving them an odd man rush, even when those guys aren't on the ice.

Can't play scared like this. Easy goal after easy goal for their linemates

Reactions: Blindsummit

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Also, feels crazy to say this but we are wayyy too worried about McDavid and Draisaitl. We are literally changing our entire gameplan around them. So many times we pull 2 guys to cover them leaving usually a guy or 2 wide open. Our dmen don't get involved offensively because we are terrified of giving them an odd man rush, even when those guys aren't on the ice.

Can't play scared like this. Easy goal after easy goal for their linemates

Also to add to this, we did not do this against MacKinnon. We instead covered the guys who he was threatening to pass to, which just forced him to whip shots towards the goal. I don't know why we are playing them so differently. Especially a guy like Draisaitl who doesn't have McDavid's speed. Why double cover him?? Cover the guys who are a threat to receive his passes

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Also to add to this, we did not do this against MacKinnon. We instead covered the guys who he was threatening to pass to, which just forced him to whip shots towards the goal. I don't know why we are playing them so differently. Especially a guy like Draisaitl who doesn't have McDavid's speed. Why double cover him?? Cover the guys who are a threat to receive his passes
And I'm pretty sure Drai is not 100 per cent so I agree stop being so fracking scared of them as that strategy is not working! Just play our OWN game.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I think we all love this team and we are clearly frustrated with their play. The depth has not shown up. It’s not like we can’t score either. Talent is there just not showing up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad