GDT: Scoreboard Watching! Boston vs. Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
It's no points if Bruins lose in regulation in their last game sir :nod:

That would really be a fitting way for this team to make the playoffs:laugh: Lose the next two yet still somehow get in. It would be extremely sad but I'm fairly certain I don't have the kind of luck they would need for that to happen anyway. I expect the Bruins will get at least a point out of the Tampa game.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
I'm a huggeee Sid fan but i wouldn't mind Tavares getting the AR this year. Him or Sid of course.

I'm rooting for Sid then Benn, then Ovi. Nothing against JT, but the bragging by the Isles fans would grate on me so much.

So the Pens need to hold JT pointless tomorrow. :D Which is a near guarantee they won't be able to do it :P

deczola

Jan 21, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
It may actually be 1 point.

If we play an odd # of games (we played Bruins 3 times) than the 1st two games count.

Each team gets 3 points for their 3 - 2 OT wins.

Next tie-breaker is the goal differential which is Pens +11 and Bruins +3

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Buffalo has a mission as well. I'd consider them a win.

Do you want the Pens to win both and play Washington or win one and play the Rangers?

deczola

Jan 21, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
On seasons ending on even years it's (2014) the first home match gets washed out and on odd years when season end (2015) the final home match gets wiped out.

This seems really bizarre

YinzAintBurgh*

That would really be a fitting way for this team to make the playoffs:laugh: Lose the next two yet still somehow get in. It would be extremely sad but I'm fairly certain I don't have the kind of luck they would need for that to happen anyway. I expect the Bruins will get at least a point out of the Tampa game.

:laugh:

Question now is go for win against Islanders then rest key players? I know Crosby won't for obvious reasons.

deczola

Jan 21, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Can anyone confirm this:

#1 Total Points

#2 ROW

#3 head to head when matches are even

#4 head to head minus extra match stipulation

#5 Goal Differential

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014

If we play an odd # of games (we played Bruins 3 times) than the 1st two games count.

No. The first game of the Bruins at home doesn't count. It's written right there on the wildcard standings board.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=WC#&navid=nav-stn-conf

The Bruins have the tie breaker.

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria

I think the first game doesn't count so Pens lose that tie breaker

deczola

Jan 21, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
It cannot be the Bruins game not counting because the point of the rule is to throw out an extra home game to the team with the extra advantage.

They are not going to wipe out the Bruins home game. One of the two Pens games get wiped out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad