GDT: Scoreboard Watching! Boston vs. Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Basically I cannot root against us making the playoff so this was huge from Florida. Now nevermind what happens again the Isles, a win at Buffalo guarantees being there, and if we were to **** it up at Buffalo.... then that would make a horrible thing hilarious.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I greatly enjoyed the mod warning on the Boston board's post game thread.

"MOD WARNING FANS OF OTHER TEAMS - NOT TONIGHT"

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Basically I cannot root against us making the playoff so this was huge from Florida. Now nevermind what happens again the Isles, a win at Buffalo guarantees being there, and if we were to **** it up at Buffalo.... then that would make a horrible thing hilarious.

Way i see it as well. Isles will/should beat us. It'll come down to a regulation win against Buffalo to get to the dance.

BumFortyOne

Nov 13, 2006
Berkeley
Way i see it as well. Isles will/should beat us. It'll come down to a regulation win against Buffalo to get to the dance.

A win of any form would do it.

If Buffalo somehow manages to win tomorrow along with an Arizona loss, Buffalo might actually need to pick up zero points in Saturday's to guarantee themselves McDavid/Eichel. Wonder how that would play out from a management/coaching perspective for Buffalo.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
It´s still 2 points that we need. Bs can tie the ROWs and they would take the next tiebreaker over us(season series 2-1). That said, they are done. We play Isles at home & BUF.. they play Tampa on the road.. They need a miracle. Their best chance might be the Sens loss at Philly but that´s not gonna happen either.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Still say we need to win both if we want to be sure making the playoffs even has a chance of meaning anything. Out of the 8th seed we'd be done so fast. Have to give Letang time to come back in later rounds.

crawz87

Mar 18, 2010

If the pens don't win against the Sabres, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Isles clinched with nothing but an Art Ross for JT to play for. This weekend should be hilarious.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
On tie-breakers

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

2 - IF the Bruins beat Tampa in regulation and we get a point only in the last 2. We're tied on ROW (38 a piece. Sens have 36 right now.)

3 - The Bruins got 3 points from us in the two games that matter - but we got 2 from them. So the Bruins beat us in that tie breaker.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Isles clinched with nothing but an Art Ross for JT to play for. This weekend should be hilarious.

they'll play their ***** off to keep the Pens out. Not because they are afraid of them, but because they hate them and would loooooooooove to embarrass them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad