GDT: Scoreboard Watching! Boston vs. Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ETA

Aug 8, 2008
What am I missing?

"Points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included."

Game 1 (in Boston): Pens 3 Bos 2 (OT)
Game 2 (in Pgh): Bos 3 Pens 2 (OT)
Game 3 (in Pgh): Bos 2 Pens 0

Game 2 gets thrown out per the above rule.

So Pens won game 1 and Bruins won game 3 so it goes to goal differential (which the Pens win)?

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
the rule is awkward though... what's with the FIRST home game thing? that seems off left field... I mean if they take out the second home game, both teams get 3 pts...

ETA

Aug 8, 2008
the rule is awkward though... what's with the FIRST home game thing? that seems off left field... I mean if they take out the second home game, both teams get 3 pts...

Argh -- I see it now.

Pens won the first game in OT = 2 points for Pens, 1 point for Bruins
Second game is thrown out per the rule.
Bruins won the third game in regulation = 0 points for Pens, 2 points for Bruins.

So, ya, Bruins win the head-to-head tiebreaker (assuming it goes to that) 3:2.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Yep. It should be the extra game which is tech. the second game of the two.

At Bruins
At Pens
At Pens <----that's the one as you say. Even if you flipped the scores and the Pens lose the tie breaker it should always be the actual extra game.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014

I'd assume it's because they consider the later game to mean more. The rosters are closer to the final one or something. But yeah, it's strange.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
NO WAY!! Have fun golfing kings! Actually feel kinda bad for them.

I do feel bad for them. I wouldn't gloat because we're in a slightly better spot, but still haven't clinched either.

It reminds me of some image some fan made last season about bandwagoning. This season 3 of the 4 teams are struggling for a playoff spot.

yWRMUKS.png

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Not being able to score goals seemed to finally have caught up to Los Angeles.

The entire Western Conference just breathed a huge sigh of relief when Hudler potted that empty net goal. :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I actually don't feel so bad for the Kings missing out. I know it's pretty well crap all over, these days as far as the product goes but I've never cared much for how the Kings don't so much play the sport as they do strangle the life out of it slowly game by game.

I mean... not that I have much room, as a Pens fan, to talk.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Maybe the Isles clinching tonight means they'll sleep walk through tomorrow's game? I mean it's possible, right? Someone just tell me it's all going to be OK!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Maybe the Isles clinching tonight means they'll sleep walk through tomorrow's game? I mean it's possible, right? Someone just tell me it's all going to be OK!

It might mean they play their backup, or rest guys who are a little banged up. But does that really matter with the way the Pens are playing?

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I would assume Tavares wants the Ross...

So he's going to selfishly force his way on to the ice in place of a real penalty killer?

I'm glad the Kings are out, but the Pens are so bad that they're not only frustrating me when they play but also robbing me of schadenfreude.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I don't feel bad in the least of a team that has won two out of the last three Cups not making the playoffs.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
It might mean they play their backup, or rest guys who are a little banged up. But does that really matter with the way the Pens are playing?

The Isles always seem to kick our ***** at the end of the season. They embarrassed us and couldn't get one point out of them to secure first place in the conference a few seasons ago, while they were at the bottom of it.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Ok so let me get this straight...

All the Pens now need to do is win 1, which puts them at 98 since Boston is now at 95pts and 1 game left, at best they can get 97pts.

The Pens are terrible, but they can manage to get a win against the Sabres, at least. I mean, right?

LA is about to be eliminated

This makes me so happy.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The Isles always seem to kick our ***** at the end of the season. They embarrassed us and couldn't get one point out of them to secure first place in the conference a few seasons ago, while they were at the bottom of it.

I guess they sort of have something to play for since the Pens can mathematically still finish ahead of them in the standings, but hopefully they're a bit laid back because they've clinched.

It's actually the Pens' hunger (or lack thereof) that concerns me. This is the epitome of the type of situation that the Pens should come out flying and just kill it. But we've seen too many times this season, the reverse happens and the Pens end up looking like ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad