Series Talk: SCFs Discussion - 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
No one congratulated us. So f***ing hated.

Idgaf

View attachment 889046
Actually one of the craziest things ever. Makes me love our team even more lmao. If the Oilers won you know they would’ve. Hope our team absolutely f***s the league next year again.

Made a post on the main boards and already got 2 laugh emojis. It’s just too easy. I love it.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Reactions: FrolikFan67

PatchesOhoulihan

Apr 18, 2024
I forgot if I asked this already but does anyone know if they still make championship dvd’s? The ‘03 marlins dvd is still one of my favorite things ever produced.
DVD?

My goodness you haven’t experienced a championship with any of your teams in quite some time

If you were a Cowboys fan you probably would be asking about a vhs

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
f***in winning

Somewhat late with my own gushy post but work deadlines. Unlike all those people partying in South Florida at the moment [God, I hate them/so bloody envious]...

Unlike most of you, I’m a new fan. I’ve only been following hockey and the Panthers for just over a year, so I can’t claim that this victory means as much to me as it means to so many of you. Ever since we won, I’ve read so many posts here that make me tear up. The loyalty and love throughout all the shit times, the history, the memories: they mean everything. You deserve this. We deserve this. And f*** all those voices saying we don’t. It makes me crazy with rage that we’re painted as the secondary characters/faceless villains in the overall narrative all post-season long, and I’m bursting with pride that this team stuffed that down their throats and forced the hockey world to respect them, respect us.

But damn, we made it hard on ourselves…. After game 6, I ruthlessly went cold turkey on all hockey media. I couldn’t bear it – that comeback narrative and McDavid as saviour and us as chokers: it made me physically ill. I have no idea how you guys coped or retained any iota of positivity or sanity. Which just makes it SO impressive what our team did: how they found that mental strength and fortitude in the very eye of the storm, with all the pressure in the world on them and everyone (even us) doubting they could do it. I’m convinced that Zito would have blown up this team if they had lost that game, and he would be right to. Say what you want about where we were in games 4,5 and 6; there are very few teams and individuals that could be pushed to that brink and then come out the way they did in game 7.

Maybe it’s more beautiful this way, and maybe it means more. As Maurice said – perhaps we had to do it the hard way, the Florida Panther way, and fail three times to finally overcome and win that last. I thought I understood what it meant to be a fan before this. But now, they got their bloody hooks in me. I’m now a Panther for the rest of my miserable life…

GO PANTHERS! VAMOS GATOS! 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!
Cope with anger and rage, read the game 6 GDT after the game ended

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
DVD?

My goodness you haven’t experienced a championship with any of your teams in quite some time

If you were a Cowboys fan you probably would be asking about a vhs
The 97 marlins was on vhs lol but I was only 5 when they won so I never really got to experience that one. The heat in 06 I also had the dvd for. Not sure if they had dvds or blurays for the heat in ‘12 and ‘13, not like they weren’t big deals for me, it’s just I didn’t watch the 06 video nearly as much as I did the 03 marlins. Im a big physical media guy so if they do something for the panthers im going to see if somehow I could get it on a disc

Reactions: pantherbot

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The 97 marlins was on vhs lol but I was only 5 when they won so I never really got to experience that one. The heat in 06 I also had the dvd for. Not sure if they had dvds or blurays for the heat in ‘12 and ‘13, not like they weren’t big deals for me, it’s just I didn’t watch the 06 video nearly as much as I did the 03 marlins. Im a big physical media guy so if they do something for the panthers im going to see if somehow I could get it on a disc
I was in my 20’s in ‘97 so I could already read, didn’t need vhs.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Thought I heard something about Amazon having a BTS kind of thing. Like Quest for the Cup I hope. Anyone know of it?
Yep it's An Amazon behind the series type of deal where they follow select stars for a more intimate look and stuff.

Chucky was amongst those stars, and given the results I can't for it.

Should air late September early October I believe?

Here is the trailer

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
You know… seeing this post really brings a unique perspective. We can all be complete assholes all year long (and deservedly so) and there is literally no rebuttal to what we say because we can just post a picture of the cup (like I have 2945 times already) and that’s it. There is no comeback. Im going to enjoy this year so much!
FinlandPanther unleashed all year long? Well, it was nice knowing ya bud! Make sure to drop your socials so you don't lose all contact with the board.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
Yep it's An Amazon behind the series type of deal where they follow select stars for a more intimate look and stuff.

Chucky was amongst those stars, and given the results I can't for it.

Should air late September early October I believe?

Here is the trailer

Can't wait for it - here's an article from the Athletic about it - it'll be produced by the same people who did DRIVE TO SURVIVE:

As per the article, they'll be focusing on the following players: McDavid, Tkachuk, Draisaitl, Jacob Trouba, David Pastrnak, Jeremy Swayman, Quinn Hughes, Jack Eichel, Nylander, Filip Forsberg and Gabriel Landeskog. So loads of potential storylines from these playoffs alone...

The main worry I have is that there would be such a temptation for dramatic (and large-market) purposes to make the series all about the Oilers and their comeback - gotta hand it to them that it has been a pretty dramatic storyline. I'm just worried that we again end up being the secondary characters in our own stanley cup win.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Zito is the anti-thesis of those guys…

Beat them all with a waiver pick-up, big trades, underrated signings and all…

You think those old bastards who preach patience to their fan-bases and building through the draft, were looking forward to congratulate us ? Not a chance. lol

We are the proof of their inability…

NEEEW NEW NEEEW NEW WOOOOOOOORLD ORDER !!

Pam Pam Pam pada Pam Pam… Pam Pam Pam pada Pam Pam…

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Can't wait for it - here's an article from the Athletic about it - it'll be produced by the same people who did DRIVE TO SURVIVE:

As per the article, they'll be focusing on the following players: McDavid, Tkachuk, Draisaitl, Jacob Trouba, David Pastrnak, Jeremy Swayman, Quinn Hughes, Jack Eichel, Nylander, Filip Forsberg and Gabriel Landeskog. So loads of potential storylines from these playoffs alone...

The main worry I have is that there would be such a temptation for dramatic (and large-market) purposes to make the series all about the Oilers and their comeback - gotta hand it to them that it has been a pretty dramatic storyline. I'm just worried that we again end up being the secondary characters in our own stanley cup win.

You know it's going to be mostly about Mcdavid and his record run, how he came so close, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad