Series Talk: SCFs Discussion - 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
Holy Sh-t, we really have a dysfunctional past!!! #BringBackMikeKeenan

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site

Greg Cote really loves his hit pieces, lol, only reason he stays relevant I guess.

The guy is a flipping clown. He needs to go back to following the NFL and sitting under that god awful "Upset Bird"

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
1717608334425.png

I am fairly confident the guy that said this is The Avs Coach.

The first time I saw a team say we were the best team in the league was right after we just played the Avs

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018

Attachments

• IMG_0989.png
    IMG_0989.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 4

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I apologize for EVER calling ANY of you irrational or unhinged, I have excused myself from the Playoffs Forum as it is just too much to handle the obnoxiousness of the Oilers fans over there.

They make Leafs, Bruins, and Rangers fans seem logical and unbiased, what an absolute shitshow.

Hopefully we raise the Cup in Edmonton, 100% what they deserve. Good lord.
There’s some very cool Oilers fans in there.....
But, it seems the Canadian troll wars have left some deep scars. Nuckerheads and Flamers and the MeccaLeafs fans have the Oiler fans’ heads on a swivel, and seeing insults everywhere.
The worst of them are Hyper defensive about any and everything said, yet dismissive of anything good said about their opponent. “That’s what they said about Dallas!!!!” Its like a room of 12 year olds.

We could win and they would still give it to McDavid
And I wouldn’t really care.

Last edited:

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
I apologize for EVER calling ANY of you irrational or unhinged, I have excused myself from the Playoffs Forum as it is just too much to handle the obnoxiousness of the Oilers fans over there.

They make Leafs, Bruins, and Rangers fans seem logical and unbiased, what an absolute shitshow.

Hopefully we raise the Cup in Edmonton, 100% what they deserve. Good lord.
It would be an absolute shame if your finger accidentally slipped and happened to hit the delete oilers board button

• Haha
Reactions: Amorgus

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I am really enjoying the narrative that we take so many penalties after the whistle.

Again, that happened Game 2 against Boston lol.

Like, what were the after the whistle, extra curricular penalties that happened against New York? hell against Tampa? Our penalties happened during the whistle. Even the Kulikov "interference" call wasnt even interference by the playoff standards.

Like did these guys even watch our games?

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I am really enjoying the narrative that we take so many penalties after the whistle.

Like, what were the after the whistle, extra curricular penalties that happened against New York? hell against Tampa? Our penalties happened during the whistle. Even the Kulikov "interference" call wasnt even interference by the playoff standards.

They are so great, they don't have to.

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
People saying how great the Oilers are easily forget how awful they were before the Knoblauch hire. He’s just as much reason for them being in the Finals as McDavid and Draisaitl.

Maurice’s decision making and coaching will be tested. I have faith in him this time around.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Listening to the Oilers fans

IMG_3527.jpeg

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
One more interesting tidbit. More on offense.

Our Expected goals is at 59.42 across all situations. We scored 4 below that.

Then I present you with this

1717624923515.png

Goals saved about expected, we faced #1 and #2.

And then you see Vasey at 12 who we put through the ringer too.

Just compare that to what Edmonton faced round 1

1717625029584.png

They didnt steal any goals at all lmao

Listening to the Oilers fans

View attachment 879820
Ayo why are you asking Ekblad about us. He's in the room

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I'm not going to shit on the teams that the Oilers faced, but the Kings were a weak draw. Similar to NYR getting the Caps, a team that was like -37 and really didn't belong in a playoff series.

One thing I will add about Edmonton's shot suppression is that I think to some degree it was a function of the teams they played against. Vancouver and Dallas were both teams that showed stretches of low shot volume outside of Edmonton.

I have no idea what to expect from this series, except that if the Panthers don't come out hard at home, they will not win. Say what you want, but the 830pm puck drops in Edmonton will be very bad for Florida.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'm not going to shit on the teams that the Oilers faced, but the Kings were a weak draw. Similar to NYR getting the Caps, a team that was like -37 and really didn't belong in a playoff series.

One thing I will add about Edmonton's shot suppression is that I think to some degree it was a function of the teams they played against. Vancouver and Dallas were both teams that showed stretches of low shot volume outside of Edmonton.

I have no idea what to expect from this series, except that if the Panthers don't come out hard at home, they will not win. Say what you want, but the 830pm puck drops in Edmonton will be very bad for Florida.
*6:30 lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad