Series Talk: SCFs Discussion - 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Screenshot_20240605_012047_Chrome.jpg

EXCESSIVE

I'M GONNA f***ING CRY

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
The Athletic surveyed 17 head coaches and 16 execs. Only 4 picked the Oilers to win the Cup. Don't think I've ever seen such a wide margin before.

Any team is as good as their weakest link. The Oilers depth players and Nurse will be their downfall. Oilers board must be thinking that McDrai will score +5 goals per game to overcome that fact.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The Athletic surveyed 17 head coaches and 16 execs. Only 4 picked the Oilers to win the Cup. Don't think I've ever seen such a wide margin before.
That’s amazing. Who are the 4 losers?

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
When asked about Florida possibly having an advantage by going to the Cup last year the Edmonton coach referred to Buffalo who lost 4 straight Super Bowls….Interesting response not sure if Buffalo appreciates that…….

Last edited:
Reactions: iam76

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
You dislike the Oilers? fine but calling the fanbase pigs ? really dude ?
That poster isn't even a Panthers fan, lol, Oilers fans have pissed off so many fans of separate fanbases with their holier than thou attitude, I guess they see everyone as lumped all together.

We are the last greatest hope, for many fanbases it seems.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
When asked about Florida possibly having an advantage by going to the Cup last year the Edmonton coach referred to Buffalo who lost 4 straight Super Bowls …Interesting response not sure if Buffalo appreciates that…….

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
This oilers team is a bit of an enigma:

-Oilers started the season 3-10. Fired woodcraft and hired Knoblauch.
-Went 26-6 from mid-November through January.
-Finished 20-17.
-Looked unimpressive in the first 2 rounds (but wins are wins).
-Somehow beats a better team in Dallas despite putting up 10 shots in the clincher.
-Currently as hot as you can get on special teams, which is what enabled them to get through the last 2 rounds and is probably unsustainable.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
We’ve only gotten through 2 full days of the work week so far and it feels like 2 years. Just sitting here and waiting, thinking of everything that can go wrong, it’s driving me nuts. Literally all I can think about now and even struggling to sleep as my mind won’t shut up. This is unbearable, just start it already so we can get through it sooner.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Looks like we are going to have to turn on our offensive juices which we can and will surprise a lot of people. In a perfect world we close down their zones and we might but we are facing a lot of snipers not seen through most of our playoff foes. As Chucky noted “we will have to see how it goes early and then adjust to what we see.”

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The keys to SC are simple:
- stop McD
- stop Oil PP (which is same as above)
- crowd Skinner

Nurse, Perry, etc will self destruct and f*** up all on their own and Drai/Bouch won’t be able to save them.

ETA: I left Hyman off the concerns list because he’s more Huberdeau than Tkachuk/Reino.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laus723 and VIMMM

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
We’ve only gotten through 2 full days of the work week so far and it feels like 2 years. Just sitting here and waiting, thinking of everything that can go wrong, it’s driving me nuts. Literally all I can think about now and even struggling to sleep as my mind won’t shut up. This is unbearable, just start it already so we can get through it sooner.
To me I’m cherishing the days having fun with the moment. I’m gonna have Panthers withdrawals starting at the end of June.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The keys to SC are simple:
- stop McD
- stop Oil PP (which is same as above)
- crowd Skinner

Nurse, Perry, etc will self destruct and f*** up all on their own and Drai/Bouch won’t be able to save them.
I would say to have all that happen would be a best case scenario, it'll be close but I think we have the experience and horses to get it done.

Their lineup is quite feast or famine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad