SCF | VI | "They Said 'I'll Bet They'll Never Make It', But Just Look At Us Holding On" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 5.21.24 | 6:00PM | SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Yes, Nick bieska has an opinion.

So do you.

So do I.

I am not asking you to agree. Hell.....I wouldn't expect you to.

Ohhhhh you meant players whose controller disconnected I didnt know. If that's the case what happened here on the Thachuk goal, was that Bouchard? HAHAHA. Talk about controller disconnect.

You really got your little feelings hurt awwww

There is a difference between a controller disconnect and outright turning it off ;)

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Hope you lose your money and hope your trip sucks.

YARN | Can I get a Amen? | Coming to America | Video gifs ...

I can smell your monicle through my computer screen
When Ace Ventura calls the old man the Monopoly Guy, he is ...

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Looking forward to this game, happy that Oilers extended this to 6 as I put money down on Florida to win in 6. Gonna be fun at the parade next week down in Miama looking forward to that too 😂😂. Great season for McDavid and Co. nevertheless
The parade being in Miami would be the dumbest thing they could do.

Reactions: snag

rec28

Dec 16, 2003
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Fair to say the pressure is on FLA, imo. They were/are favourites for a reason and I’m expecting them to bring their absolute best tonight. Since there’s no changing the past (going down 3 games) I continue to be happy that the Oilers are still in it and proving that they belong. They have an enormous mountain to climb tonight, though, and the Cats may simply be too much.

Reactions: dsi and Video Nasty

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I looked it up this morning.. RNH is a big part of our PK. He's also a big part of our PP.

I have a bias for RNH and am a keepnugeforever kind of guy but he is making huge impacts in this series despite the lousy 5 on 5 metrics and lack of points.

Obviously, I'd like more points and a dominant moment but, nonetheless, he is doing our special teams some good and is a big part of our success.

Nuge committed long term at a discount. That gives team freedom to ADD more quality pieces. Thats HUGE IMO

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Game 7 seems inevitable now.

Tonight seems like going through the motions before Game 7 winner take all looms

Imagine if Drai wakes up; he has been shit all series so far.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Here are my observations.

1 - They seem to have found the passing lanes in the forecheck
2 - Changed the way they react to the forecheck. They are relying on the D more, maybe Nurse being back is helping. He does bring some size and physical play.
3 - Bouchard is not being asked to go up ice as quick.
4 - FLA is not playing the same type of tight forecheck they did early on. They are going for big initial hits and missing a lot. This seems to be letting the 1st player get that first pass off and not be trapped on the boards
5 - I don't know if it is a physical thing on the FLA D or a physical mismatch on EDM side, but they seem to be abusing the right side up the Boards. That outlet pass is getting beyond the red line and finding EDM player breaking. Happened more than once in last 2 games.

That is what it LOOKS like to me, I may be dead-ass wrong! But, it is the Stanley Cup finals, what life do I have besides talk this shit.

I don't know about Bouchard not being up the ice in a jiffy. One of panther's goals last game was because Bouchard was up the ice near the blue line instead of being low on the right wall.

McJesus is just on another gear compared to anyone playing in the SCF and Oilers at home with last change basically means Florida is gonna be schooled more often than not when it comes to McDavid. That means Bob is gonna have to raise his game quite a bit to match McDavid's intent to make a game out of it tonight.

I really feel like Game 7 is pending unless Oilers D and/or Skinner F up tonight; Game 7 is most likely on for a winner take all. Flordia offense just isn't there. Any offense from Florida last game was due to missed assignemnts; while Oilers goals (especially when McJesus was on ice) was all based on speed and skill not really mistakes from Florida (except the shorty they gave up to start the game) IMO

Reactions: gretzkyoilers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad