SCF | VI | "They Said 'I'll Bet They'll Never Make It', But Just Look At Us Holding On" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 5.21.24 | 6:00PM | SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
A reverse sweep in the cup final produced by probably the most well known player in the league having a pretty historic performance and leading to the first Cup for a Canadian team in 30+ years.

That would be a pretty compelling story for the league that would draw a lot of attention from casual fans who just want to see something that is nearly impossible.

For the record, I think it’s highly unlikely but that’s a dream scenario for the leagues marketing team, they’d eat off that for awhile.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
A reverse sweep in the cup final produced by probably the most well known player in the league having a pretty historic performance and leading to the first Cup for a Canadian team in 30+ years.

That would be a pretty compelling story for the league that would draw a lot of attention from casual fans who just want to see something that is nearly impossible.

For the record, I think it’s highly unlikely but that’s a dream scenario for the leagues marketing team, they’d eat off that for awhile.

No casual fan will have any notion of how rare or "impossible" that is, I promise you most casual fans are casual for a reason and wouldn't care either way who wins.

Reactions: snag

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm getting the vibes I had in 2006 vs Carolina. I'm trying not to remember that pain after game 7. This is a chance to heal from that. But I hope the players aren't looking that far ahead! One game at a time

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Of the things to not want to read, Hyman is the one for you?

Yes. The Toronto media is already insufferable about it. Been through it with Kadri, Kessel, and many others. I like the guy but you can only handle so much beating a dead horse of a guy who moved on years ago

Reactions: Summer Rose

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Yes. The Toronto media is already insufferable about it. Been through it with Kadri, Kessel, and many others. I like the guy but you can only handle so much beating a dead horse of a guy who moved on years ago
To be expected when a player wants to stay but management can’t make it work for them. The fact he has had success just compounds that

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Please finish them tonight Panthers!

And avoid all Phil Pritchard carrying the cup camera-work please. Or at least get him a fashionable haircut, a suit that fits and generally make him look less hoboish - you're trying to grow the league NHL. :facepalm:

Last edited:

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Panthers need to win tonight. This series goes 7? McDavid goes Jesus mode and Leon will try his darndest to break out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad