SCF - Game 7: The Game of Fates, 8pm ET, ABC, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Oilers winning three straight just to lose in game seven would be the most Edmonton thing ever.

McDavid absolutely willing his team to a game seven victory is also the most McDavid thing ever.

Not sure what happens.

In my opinion it doesn’t matter what the skaters do this game, it just depends on which Skinner/Bob show up.

McDrai can have the game of their life but if Bob is on, they are in trouble. McDrai can also have the game of their life, but if Skinner is off they are in trouble.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Lots of all-time offensive records within reach in tonight's game. A few are a little bit off, but with how much Oilers have been running up the score lately, still worth pointing out because you never know:

Most points all time single playoff run: Gretzky 47, Lemieux 44. McDavid has 42. Needs 3 to pass Lemieux, 6 to pass Gretzky

Most points all time in a finals: Gretzky 13 - McDavid has 11. Needs 2 to tie, 3 to pass. This would be a spectacular record to break.

Most goals all time single playoff run: record is 19, Hyman has 16. Hat trick to tie, 4 to pass. (15 was the previous current era record, tied by Crosby and Ovechkin)

Most points all time defenseman: Coffey 37, Leetch 34. Bouchard has 32. 3 to pass Leetch, 6 to take sole #1 spot. He's already #3 all time.

Records that have already fallen:

Most assists in a playoff run - McDavid 34, Gretzky 31

Most assists in a playoff run by defenseman - Bouchard 26, Coffey 25

Other milestones achieved:

McDavid back to back 4 point games in final - nobody has ever done that

McDavid with 42 points - 3rd player in history (after Gretzky and Lemieux) to top 40

I'm hoping for a lot of goals and a lot of broken records tonight.
Beauty summary. Thank you!

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Florida has to score first in this game, otherwise they're cooked. Looking forward to what's going to be a historic Cup win tonight for whoever wins it (Edmonton epic comeback, Florida first Cup)!
Agree, they need to score first and get some puck luck

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Never experienced a game where 'anything is possible' has been so accurate.
Oilers winning 7 - 1 against tired Panthers with 2 goals by Cody Ceci, 3 goals by a recovering Draisaitl seems as plausible as Bob stealing another game and Skinner headbutting the puck into his own net following a non-chance by a fourth-liner, Panthers winning 7 - 1 against collapsing Oilers who for the first time feel the pressure to actually win the cup.
The game might as well head into OT.

Such a fun game looking forward to.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Anyone else feel like this is the biggest game in NHL history ? Game 7, cup on the line. Florida chasing their 1st ever cup, the goat of this generation chasing his 1st cup while the Oilers broke numerous playoff records trying to complete the reverse sweep.

I can't imagine the nerves the players and fan bases are feeling, but I am genuinely more excited to see this game than I was to watch my own team play in game 7 earlier.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Don't know how Edmonton loses this unless McDavid and Draisaitl are healthy scratches and Bob goes back to Game 1 form.

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
I dunno... As of this morning the game feels like a coin flip. Everyone thought Edmonton was dead and buried when it was 3-0 so it seems risky to write off Florida now that it is 3-3.

I get people saying that for Florida to stand a chance they need to quickly "figure things out" and "find a way to up their game", but this is also hockey we are talking about. Doing those (vague) things will obviously improve the Panther's chances, but even if the Oilers remain the decidedly superior team they apparently have been the last 3 games, all it takes is Florida getting a couple lucky bounces and Edmonton getting a couple unlucky bounces, and...

I will say I think the Panthers are definitely feeling the heat from squandering a 3-0 lead. Maurice seems to have ditched the jovial stand-up shtick and I would keep the GM as far away from the players as possible because he seems to be hating life at the moment and that ain't going to help with any locker room tension. If things get off to a bad start for Florida I could see things unraveling for them.

Anyway, in the prediction thread I picked the Oilers in 7 (Well actually I picked the Panthers in 6, but then 5 minutes later talked myself into the Oilers), so I will stick with that and pick Edmonton to win tonight, but nothing would surprise me.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
- The hockey Gods have removed the Marian Hossa curse off Corey Perry. The curse only works 3 in a row

-We have McDavid

-Game 7 Ceci is the new game 7 Justin Williams

-Skinner is undefeated in elimination games in this year playoffs

-PK Brown and Janmark is the new Gretzky and Mario

-Mamba mentality Foegele

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
This will be a good one as a neutral fan, and I don’t have a rooting interest at all

Panthers are a fun team with a lot of talent and play the game in a way I love. While last year I didn’t care for them because they have like two or three obnoxious main board posters, those guys have calmed down a bit. And I like to seen reinhart get a cup as a Sabres fan.

Oilers are a fan base I have had some sympathy for, so I’d be happy for their fans if they win. I was super disappointed in their showing the first couple games of the series, but McDavid and them have turned it around.

Successful season for both teams no matter the result. BUT, this will be a devastating loss for either team (which, candidly, is always fun to see)

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
4-3 Florida. In overtime. Tkachuk wins it.
The dream.
Hockey has so much variance, who the heck knows how it turns out.
It's obviously better overall for the Panthers to win, it would get more corporate sponsors on board and get the upper bowl season-ticket sold.
Edmonton winning doesn't change much outside of media stuff. The problem with most non-Ottawa markets is that they're just not fickle enough, so Edmonton will be gate-popular whether they win or lose.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
If Florida loses they have to partially blow that team up I'd think, I don't know how you could come back intact after that.

But no matter what happens atleast this will finally be over & the offseason can finally start

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
My impulse thought/prediction is 5-3 Edmonton.

I predicted in my NHL Bracket challenge that Edmonton wins the cup and 47 goals are scored in the finals. There's been 38 so far - need 9 to make my prediction work.

I said 7-2, but I could be ok with 6-3 instead for Edmonton win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad