SCF Game 2: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That's because you don't understand hockey. No Hill and they aren't where they are. It's the same as Florida. Goalie standing on his head gets them to finals, regressed to the man and they lose. Learn the game.

I understand hockey just fine. Hill has been very good, but Cassidy's system has made every goalie look way better than they actually are all year. You can't give the Conn Smythe to Hill and the entire team for their defensive structure.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I understand hockey just fine. Hill has been very good, but Cassidy's system has made every goalie look way better than they actually are all year. You can't give the Conn Smythe to Hill and the entire team for their defensive structure.
Agree. VGK have proved they can run any goalie they want. The defensive structure from the 5 skaters in front is what matters more. Hill hasn't carried the team remotely enough to justify a CS.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
PoMo

the-dude-give-up.gif

Reactions: jcs0218

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I honestly don’t give any shits how good a goalie is if the system makes him look like a star.

Give the goalie money to Cassidy and his staff and hire some competent AHL journeymen if it’s all system. I’m down for that.

Would love to not pay weirdo goalies a bunch of dough when that money could be used on skaters.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
So, is anyone other than the idiots on the broadcast going to miss Keith Jones on the mic? He's part of what has always made the NHL look like amateur hour to me.

Reactions: SPV

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
That behind the back paddle save was more impressive than anything eichel has done all playoffs. Him making stops he shouldn't make, makes the defense look better. It's not like he's rocking some kind of .890 and the team is just willing him through it. You can make a case for Marschessault, but eichel isn't the reason they are where they are.

• Haha
Reactions: William H Bonney

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
It’s wild to say that Hill is the difference maker when Vegas won a series and were ahead in a second with Brossiot in net

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
That behind the back paddle save was more impressive than anything eichel has done all playoffs. Him making stops he shouldn't make, makes the defense look better. It's not like he's rocking some kind of .890 and the team is just willing him through it. You can make a case for Marschessault, but eichel isn't the reason they are where they are.
Lol what? That whole line of Barbashev Eichel Marchessault has been the most dominant line in the nhl playoffs.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Panthers are letting cross ice passes without any resistance. Hockey is an easier game if you can go cross ice without obstruction

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I honestly don’t give any shits how good a goalie is if the system makes him look like a star.

Give the goalie money to Cassidy and his staff and hire some competent AHL journeymen if it’s all system. I’m down for that.

Would love to not pay weirdo goalies a bunch of dough when that money could be used on skaters.
Well I still want to give credit to Hill. You can't be a shit goalie in this system either. Shots are still going to get through and if you have a penchant for letting in softies, you're not it. Hill has been very good. But you give a Conn Smythe to goalies when they steal games. I can't say that Hill has stolen a game these playoffs. Kept us in them? Yes. Stood tall and gave his mates the flexibility and trust to play their game? Absolutely. I think he deserves consideration but I don't think he's the best choice either.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I never once said he was penalized for the hit. I’m saying that everything stemmed FROM the hit.

He laid a hard, legal hit, got jumped, pushed a guy or two and he gets 2 for roughing and a 10 despite two guys going right after him.

You said he got 10 for fighting after. He didn’t fight. He did practically nothing. That’s what I’m saying.

I didn’t say this earlier, because I was too busy misunderstanding you lol, but I wonder if maybe the ref used the scrum as an excuse to take Tkachuk out of the game for 10 minutes.

Maybe Barbashev too, but particularly Tkachuk. He might have worried that with the game potentially out of hand, this could get chippy, or even ugly. (That’s what you get for having a rep.)

The problem with that is Panthers scored :14 seconds in to the game. Taking away their best forward doesn’t give them as much of a chance to come back.

I didn’t get a good look at the scrum so I don’t know who did what or who might have deserved a penalty.

The NHL have been critical of players seeking retribution after clean, hard hits this season, so you would think Vegas players would have not gotten the benefit of the doubt.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Jesus what a shiitake mushroom there. Eichel has been fantastic defensively all playoffs and has played a traditional pivot role setting up offense for his teammates. You're on crack if you think a single save from Hill on flubbed shot by Cousins is anything remotely near how Eichel has played this playoffs...his first playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad