SCF Game 1: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT| TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
A lot like dad
Heck of a talent
Rocks for brains
Easy to dislike

Wonder if he wrecks hotel rooms too?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Argue that it should be, sure. But there’s a standard. And game 1 of the Cup final with 4 minutes left is a really unfortunate time for that standard to change

Again, fun game. Unfortunately we had to watch 4 corners hockey for the last 4 minutes instead of getting one of the more exciting situations in hockey (empty net) because of something that happened with the clock stopped
Maybe the Cats should watch what they do with the clock stopped, idk.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
He is an Elite Dman on Vegas too. Was on pace for 61 pts this year, just only played 55 games this year

Theodore reminds me of a less physical Duncan Keith. John Carlson, Devon Toews, Shea Theodore I’d say are all in the same level and very close in comparison.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Bro, go watch games across the league

The refs in the NHL are awful, its not rigged its incompetence.
I know that. That's not what I'm saying. My point is that when games are called like they were tonight it's not hard to understand why so many think they are rigged. I don't totally believe it's incompetence but is the result of game management.

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
when people are not cheering for either team, they can see the same bad calls happen all the time for every team while watching without a routing interest. When it happens to your team it just feels dirty. Every team gets hosed by the refs randomly at some point or another.
I saw Daniel Sedin get punched in the head in a scrum by Marchand in the 2011 finals 4 times. The ref was standing right next to them watching. Daniel apparently, finally had enough, and didn't even punch Marchand, and said to the ref "how many shots to my head are you going to give him"

Sedin got 2 for unsportsmanlike conduct, Marchand nothing

believe me I know what it feels like lol

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I'm not pulling for either team. There is no excuse for missing blatant calls. When you look the other way when a guy gets hit from behind, it's easy to question the refereeing. Tonight showed once again how game management ruined what started out as a good to awful one.

Weird, I enjoyed the whole game. Wish I could be more attune to the “worse than ever” refereeing so I could stop enjoying hockey and switch to a full time referee grievance guy.

I saw Daniel Sedin get punched in the head in a scrum by Marchand in the 2011 finals 4 times. The ref was standing right next to them watching. Daniel apparently, finally had enough, and didn't even punch Marchand, and said to the ref "how many shots to my head are you going to give him"

Marchand didn’t get nothing. It was matching minors.

You could at least remember your grievance properly.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Just to reiterate, this was a lot closer to 3-2 than not. I don't think anyone would be surprised if they were still playing. Imagine if Hill doesn't make that crazy save on Cousins? Very close.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Maybe the Cats should watch what they do with the clock stopped, idk.
This from the same game where there was discussion on whether or not Adin Hill deserved a match penalty for something with the clock stopped in period 1 lol (he didn’t but he wasn’t far off). A play that again led to only one team in the box

But hey Vegas were saints out there tonight

And again if we want to talk about the punishment needs to fit the crime then we should probably re-direct our focus from some soft gloves punches to the most dangerous play of the night which was Stephenson’s board

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Weird, I enjoyed the whole game. Wish I could be more attune to the “worse than ever” refereeing so I could stop enjoying hockey and switch to a full time referee grievance guy.
Wierd but I use to be able to do that but with how the league calls games and disciplines players its getting harder and harder to watch games that don't involve my team.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This from the same game where there was discussion on whether or not Adin Hill deserved a match penalty for something with the clock stopped in period 1 lol (he didn’t but he wasn’t far off). A play that again led to only one team in the box

But hey Vegas were saints out there tonight

And again if we want to talk about the punishment needs to fit the crime then we should probably re-direct our focus from some soft gloves punches to the most dangerous play of the night which was Stephenson’s board
Who said my boys were saints?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Florida needs to add another top 4 dman, Marc Staal should not be on your second pairing when you’re playing for the cup. The guy is terrible.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I know that. That's not what I'm saying. My point is that when games are called like they were tonight it's not hard to understand why so many think they are rigged. I don't totally believe it's incompetence but is the result of game management.

One preseason, the NFL tried calling games by the book. The outcry was immense. They went back to game management.

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
I can agree with that and the idea of 'game management' is absurd. What other sport allows that nonsense. The fact there is language in the game shows how it's acceptable to the league.

1. Game management, you just said it. Why is this even allowed

2. Said above, Marbles in the pocket / even it up

3. On tv 'uh oh team x better be careful they've had 3 power plays in a row"

4. Refs have put their whistles away

on and on. the fact we have language to explain it means it exists.

What sport do you have to worry that you've drawn alot of penalties and so now the refs are going to try and call one on you?

Do Umps start calling more strikes on a team with less strikes because a pitcher on one team is on a heater and they're trying to 'even it up'

Does one team taking alot of PI penalties in the NFL result in more PI penalties for the other team?

Does one team taking flagrant fouls in the NBA mean the other team should be called?

No, its the NHL and the league's allowance of this behavior. Believe me, as a Canucks fan I saw the nonsense in the 2011 final. As I started watching more games around the league with NHL ice, I noticed its just garbage refs and Bettman's allowance of it to continue.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Who said my boys were saints?
Wes McCauley apparently. Hence the 3 powerplay to none advantage from after the whistle activity. But hey I hate when one player holds another in the scrum so his teammate can get a clean punch off

1685850685296.jpeg

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

That Boston Canucks cup finals series was fixed, it was advantage to Boston. This series had some non calls but not as bad as Canucks Boston series. I mean for Marchand to not recieve any penalty for punching Sedins 100 times shows how rigged that series was.

Nuckster

May 3, 2023

Marchand didn’t get nothing. It was matching minors.

You could at least remember your grievance properly.
Sorry you're correct. But Sedin got 2 for being punched in the head. And the Canucks didnt get a pp.

As its been a long time, yes I forgot, But the POINT is still the same dude

Do players deserve 2 mins for standing and taking punches to the head? Is that proper officiating?

Try and comprehend the POINT someone is making vs attacking them.

Reactions: Vukotal Recall

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
I can agree with that and the idea of 'game management' is absurd. What other sport allows that nonsense. The fact there is language in the game shows how it's acceptable to the league.

What sport do you have to worry that you've drawn alot of penalties and so now the refs are going to try and call one on you?

Do Umps start calling more strikes on a team with less strikes because a pitcher on one team is on a heater and they're trying to 'even it up'

Does one team taking alot of PI penalties in the NFL result in more PI penalties for the other team?

Does one team taking flagrant fouls in the NBA mean the other team should be called?

No, its the NHL and the league's allowance of this behavior. Believe me, as a Canucks fan I saw the nonsense in the 2011 final. As I started watching more games around the league with NHL ice, I noticed its just garbage refs and Bettman's allowance of it to continue.
tonight once vegas took the lead they immediately called a penalty on vegas to try to get it evened up. They were letting a lot go before vegas got their third goal. It is not rigged but it is definitely managed.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario

I couldn't have said it better myself. IMO the reason the league allows is to try to keep games close for parity reasons. IMO all it's done is made the game worse.

Reactions: dhfa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad