SCF Game 1: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT| TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, stirring it up is fine. I don’t really put much weight into it personally. The argument here is that I truly can not recall a specific post-whistle scrum resulting in 4 for one team and 0 for the other (if anyone here can show me some precedent I’m all ears). When that happens with 4 minutes left in a Stanley Cup game? That’s frustrating.

When you combine it with the surrounding things that were let go? Even worse

Then send him to the box for 2 minutes and even give him 10. That’s been the standard that I’ve always seen. If you have a different experience then it is what it is but I’d be surprised if that’s the case
Did you notice that every Knight involved was standing there taking it? Eichel's participation was tryong to hold Tkachuk's arm to stop him from continuing to punch.

This is discipline, something Chucky should probably look into.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The argument here is that I truly can not recall a specific post-whistle scrum resulting in 4 for one team and 0 for the other (if anyone here can show me some precedent I’m all ears).
Happens all the time to the Lightning, including in this years first round.

Reactions: dhfa

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
Lol for a clean hit. Definitely not late at all.

Another display of your pinpoint recall ability.
It was a second late his head was down it was open ice and he had just passed the puck and was as we say amongst those who actually played the game "admiring his pass".

It was interference, and yes a second late. It was not multi game suspension worthy.

We've seen alot worse since with no suspensions and just a fine and game misconduct. It wasn't worthy of the entire series which is seen as double the reg season. So 4 games is more like 8 in the regular season.

As I said, enjoy your cup bro who cares. Stay on topic you're arguing when you won the cup? don't really get it.

I'm not even saying those were the reasons we lost but you just seem to want to argue for some reason.

As a reminder and guidance to the typical boston type, the topic is poor NHL reffing in general.

Are you suggesting the reffing in the NHL is good? You may be alone in that opinion across fan bases.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
No no no, don't back down like your team does. It's on record.
No feel free to talk as much shit as you want.

But this is the breakdown of what you're salivating to get me over:

I said it was excessive to say Vegas did nothing in the first period

You respond very agitated, for really no reason, and tell me to feel free to take solace in the fact that the first period was the worst Florida would play in this series.

Florida objectively played worse in the third.

I point out your cocky prediction was misplaced.

I never said Vegas was winning this series. It's been a very tight and well played series in its infancy until Florida collapsed in the third. I'm not stupid, I know how quickly that can turn around. I was there in 2018. The difference is one of us was being arrogant, the other not so much. Can you guess who is who?

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I don’t understand. Did you not see what I saw? The panthers were stirring it up after the whistle as virtually every losing team does in the playoffs to “set the tone” for the next game. More often than not, that results in a disadvantage, large or small, for the team taking the initiative to stir things up.
Yeah I saw that. I’ve seen that many times. But as far as I can remember, and again please toss a couple examples my way if you can, the disadvantage that the Panthers deserved there was 2 minutes. That’s just how I’ve always seen it officiated.

Officiating scrums is basically purely subjective and that was just a really unfortunate time to decide that they were going to lay the hammer down beyond what’s usually called
Did you notice that every Knight involved was standing there taking it? Eichel's participation was tryong to hold Tkachuk's arm to stop him from continuing to punch.

This is discipline, something Chucky should probably look into.
Yeah again the Knights were truly saints tonight. Didn’t participate in the scrums in any way. Good on them for that tremendous restraint

Reactions: longtime lurker

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
It was a second late his head was down it was open ice and he had just passed the puck and was as we say amongst those who actually played the game "admiring his pass".

It was interference, and yes a second late. It was not multi game suspension worthy.

We've seen alot worse since with no suspensions and just a fine and game misconduct. It wasn't worthy of the entire series which is seen as double the reg season. So 4 games is more like 8 in the regular season.

As I said, enjoy your cup bro who cares. Stay on topic you're whining about winning the cup? I'm not even saying those were the reasons we lost but you just need to argue for some reason.

As a reminder and guidance to the typical boston type, the topic is poor NHL reffing in general. thanks

LMAO

This is the weirdest definition of "clean hit" I've ever heard.

I'm also curious why taking out the Bruins' top line center, when they were already down 2 games to nothing at that point, isn't a point of adversity worth mentioning. The reason Rome was gone was because a (not clean hit) ended Horton's season.

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
This is the weirdest definition of "clean hit" I've ever heard.

I'm also curious why taking out the Bruins' top line center, when they were already down 2 games to nothing at that point, isn't a point of adversity worth mentioning. The reason Rome was gone was because a (not clean hit) ended Horton's season.
Where did I say clean hit?

I said interference but not 4 game suspension worthy

Again the POINT BEING MADE TO THE BOSTON TYPE, is about poor reffing in the NHL in general.

PS, suspensions are based on the play and player history not 'what happens' from the hit.

Its clear you want to argue about a cup final 12 years ago, and continue to ignore the point of the entire posts and my continued explanations to you about it. It seems you want to create an argument for the sake of argument vs staying on topic.

We get it, you think the refs are great! lmao

No surprise from a boston fan, where Marchand is one of the dirtiest rats in the league and never pays for it. I wouldn't shed a tear of someone put him head first into the boards and broke his neck. Remember when he submarined Sami Salo and almost broke his neck and didn't even get a fine?

here's a reminder

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah I saw that. I’ve seen that many times. But as far as I can remember, and again please toss a couple examples my way if you can, the disadvantage that the Panthers deserved there was 2 minutes. That’s just how I’ve always seen it officiated.

Officiating scrums is basically purely subjective and that was just a really unfortunate time to decide that they were going to lay the hammer down beyond what’s usually called

Yeah again the Knights were truly saints tonight. Didn’t participate in the scrums in any way. Good on them for that tremendous restraint
In that scrum, they legitimately were saints. They were very disciplined and careful not to get baited into a response. The rest of the game, there were uncalled infractions both ways. And don't give me the Hill BS. He punched Cousins because Cousins went after Hill. And that was after Bennet crosschecked Hill while he was lying on the ice.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Happens all the time to the Lightning, including in this years first round.
Which game? In game 2 which got out of hand (also a difference in a 6-1 game vs a 4-2 game with 4 minutes to go), I see an event at 13:03 which had two minors for Tampa and one for Toronto. Typical

Then again in game 3 with the Matthews Stamkos fight I’m again seeing 2 minors to 1

• Haha
Reactions: authentic

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You came back shit talking about a comment after the game, saying " this aged well"

What a f***ing amateur, talking big after the game.

Let's just see how the series goes, maybe then shit talk? First time around the block I guess.
You slung shit first with a completely irrationally pissed off response to a nothing and neutral comment. If you're going to make a claim like in, at minimum 12 periods, the first was going to be worst Florida would play like some chest thumping, enjoy getting f***ing jobbed the rest of the series, I think that's free game to point out you were wrong. I didn't say your boys are f***ed. I said your arrogant comment was wrong.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Wasn't it a one man, four minute advantage? You are upset because you've decided the "standard" for that "type of play" is two minutes and not four? Maybe the refs on the ice saw another two minutes worth calling Tkachuk for...in their opinion? Sorry, I just don't understand how you can make this a hill to die on, unless I am indeed mistaken about the actual result of that scrum. It was an entirely initiated by Florida/Tkachuk scrum and out of it, they were down a man for 4 minutes. Hardly objectionable.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Sharkbomb

Jul 20, 2022
Vegas dominated the first two periods but it was only good enough for a 2-2 draw. And just as Florida was starting to dominate, Vegas scored two. In the end, even though I'm rooting for Florida, I can say Vegas deserved it but for us it was a painful loss because it feels like it was worse than it should've been. I still think the series will be quite close and highly dependent on lucky breaks and goaltending. But hey, Carolina-Florida was close too so, that doesn't mean much

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
In that scrum, they legitimately were saints. They were very disciplined and careful not to get baited into a response. The rest of the game, there were uncalled infractions both ways. And don't give me the Hill BS. He punched Cousins because Cousins went after Hill. And that was after Bennet crosschecked Hill while he was lying on the ice.
That’s a very interesting description of that first scrum. Bennett gave Hill a little push. Cross check while he was down? Come on. Next camera shot it 4 Knights taking on Cousins including Hill throwing a punch. Taking only one there was another questionable decision

• Haha

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
1685853030486.gif

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Where did I say clean hit?

I said interference but not 4 game suspension worthy

Again the POINT BEING MADE TO THE BOSTON TYPE, is about poor reffing in the NHL in general.

PS, suspensions are based on the play and player history not 'what happens' from the hit.

Its clear you want to argue about a cup final 12 years ago, and continue to ignore the point of the entire posts and my continued explanations to you about it. It seems you want to create an argument for the sake of argument vs staying on topic.

We get it, you think the refs are great! lmao

No surprise from a boston fan, where Marchand is one of the dirtiest rats in the league and never pays for it. I wouldn't shed a tear of someone put him head first into the boards and broke his neck. Remember when he submarined Sami Salo and almost broke his neck and didn't even get a fine?

here's a reminder

Lol this is insane dude.

He was suspended for five f***ing games.

What the hell goes on in your head? You are downright so obsessed with victim mentality that THREE TIMES NOW you have insisted on what happened being the complete opposite of what actually occurred.

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
Look at the first sentence/paragraph in your post.

I'm seriously starting to think you have an actual memory loss issue based on our limited interaction here.

First sentence

Where does it say 'clean hit'. I do not see the words clean nor hit even in that sentence. Weird, you see the words 'clean hit' in that sentence? Where do you see them? Am I going blind? Perhaps I need to get my eyes checked since I don't see either of those words and i am not ESL....I must be confused and just not seeing those words soo weird!!!

Second Sentence

LMAO just stop wow just WOW

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
That’s a very interesting description of that first scrum. Bennett gave Hill a little push. Cross check while he was down? Come on. Next camera shot it 4 Knights taking on Cousins including Hill throwing a punch. Taking only one there was another questionable decision

To be fair, I must have seen 3 scrums when the Panthers were attempting to bait Hague into losing his cool.

Also to be fair, if the Knights didn’t lamp anyone trying to rent space in Hill’s crease, Tkachuk would be camping there as often as possible.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Good on you for finding an edit that cut Cousins shoving Hill. You can actually see Cousins coming at Hill in this video before the cut. And pushing with your stick is called a crosscheck.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Wasn't it a one man, four minute advantage? You are upset because you've decided the "standard" for that "type of play" is two minutes and not four? Maybe the refs on the ice saw another two minutes worth calling Tkachuk for...in their opinion? Sorry, I just don't understand how you can make this a hill to die on, unless I am indeed mistaken about the actual result of that scrum. It was an entirely initiated by Florida/Tkachuk scrum and out of it, they were down a man for 4 minutes. Hardly objectionable.
While being an NHL ref seems like it could be fun, I’m not one so I wouldn’t give myself credit for setting the standard

If you can’t come up with specific examples which may be an unfair ask, could you estimate how many scrums that result in penalties result in a 4 minute advantage for one team? I’d wager that’s 2% or fewer. I’d call that a standard

To really go beyond that, I’d expect to see something like intent to injure. There wasn’t a single dangerous play in that scrum and it didn’t affect the game in any way so how is that the time we decide to up the punishment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad