Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I have that feeling as well. Though I also thought Florida would win game 6 so my feelings generally stink

It'll be great watching this game as a neutral viewer, I don't know how any Florida/Edmonton fan could enjoy themselves watching this. I'd be a mess
Any true fan of these teams have been a mess since Friday night when GAME 7 became the reality.

I can’t sleep, barely eating, nervous stomach, can’t focus on the simplest of tasks. This is torturous!

LFG!!!

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I have that feeling as well. Though I also thought Florida would win game 6 so my feelings generally stink

It'll be great watching this game as a neutral viewer, I don't know how any Florida/Edmonton fan could enjoy themselves watching this. I'd be a mess
It's stressful no doubt, but being here before helps. In 2006 I was the stereotypical sports guy, lived and died by how the team did, if they won I was happy the next day, if they lost I was pissed off. When they lost in game 7 of the SCF I was pissed, but I realized its just a game and not worth being pissed off over, so I became more even headed and started just enjoying the game for what it is, entertainment. That helped, because you know what followed that game seven 7 loss, a mass exodus of players and my favourite player was traded at the deadline, followed by the decade of darkness.

Now im just happy to be here playing hockey in June, we took it as far it we can. Maxed out on home games for the season and now it's down to a one game winner take all. I can handle a loss without being pissed. Im not a player, im not on the team and I can't affect the outcome. Now, the players, I expect would be gutted and pissed off, but for me, win or lose, it's still Tuesday the next day.

its not a good enough season for the players, but as a fan, I am more than happy with it, win or lose. They showed great resiliency this season. Of course, The Oil will win though :)

Last edited:

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Expected goals in game 5 were 3.14 to 3.1 for Edmonton. That game was all Oilers until they started turtling at 4-1.
It's funny how it goes. Florida Controls the play gets 2 or so goal lead and edmonton takes over its because Florida took foot of gas

Edmonton Controls play and goes up few goals, Florida makes a push it's more because Florida is dominating lol

The double standards going on this series....

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I think Florida takes this one.

It feels to me like the wind gets taken out of the Oiler's sails in the first, like a breaking or deflating moment.
Maybe if Fla goes up by 2 or 3 early but Oilers have been resilient and unshakable all season

I think Fla is more apt to get deflated if they get stymied off the bat

My feeling is Fla made a mistake not starting some rough stuff the gane after the Barkov hit. They've been WAY to passive since then

Reactions: Tofveve

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
The Panthers are still forechecking like crazy. They also kept McD in check in Game 6. All it takes is for Bob to make a couple of timely saves and for one of the following waking up: Tkachuk, Reinheart, or Tarasenko (who I would put on the top line with Barkov again).
You do realize what usually happens the following game that mcdavid is kept in check right? Doesn't go well for opposing team. And if drai can wake up a bit more then last game 🤷

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Sorry, Chucky. We heard your fans in game 5; nothing to write home about. He is expecting the crowd to be the loudest he has heard -- after he was in Edmonton two days ago? Fake it till you make it, I guess.
your crowd is loud but Carolina is on another level…sorry

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: snag

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Maybe if Fla goes up by 2 or 3 early but Oilers have been resilient and unshakable all season

I think Fla is more apt to get deflated if they get stymied off the bat

My feeling is Fla made a mistake not starting some rough stuff the gane after the Barkov hit. They've been WAY to passive since then
IMO that Bakov hit showed the Oilers aren't intimidated by the rough stuff and will give it as good as they get it and I think it rattled the f*** out of the Panthers. The East isn't as tough as the west is and the Panthers ran roughshod over the east all season and probably just expected the Oilers would melt with physicality too. Florida has been super passive since that hit.

Last edited:

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
IMO that Bakov hit showed the Oilers aren't intimidated by the rough stuff and will give it as good as they get it and I think it rattled the f*** out of the Panther. The East isn't as tough as the west is and the Panthers ran roughshod over the east all season and probably just expected the Oilers would melt with physicality too. Florida has been super passive since that hit.
Yeah man, just on principle, someone should have duked it out off the faceoff next game to keep it honest and stick up for the captain. Dirty hit or clean is not the issue but as you state, just don't be intimidated and let it be known.

I'm not in the environment but my experience is that Fla may have been a little too overconfident with a series lead

Reactions: snag

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Draisaitl - McDavid - Hyman

Kane - Nugent-Hopkins - Foegele

Janmark - McLeod - Holloway

Gagner - Henrique - Perry

Ceci - Bouchard

Kulak - Ekholm

Desharnais - Nurse

Skinner
no brown? Hes been one of our best players and PKers

Maybe on NHL24 thats our best line up, but in reality it's not.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I thought Panthers would sweep but then when they didn’t it was clear they just wanted to win it at home so I was sure they would take game 5 but then when that didn’t happen I said ok for sure definitely they’re going to win game 6 but they made me look like a completely idiot again. So now for sure there’s no way they will lose again and make me look really stupid for once again calling for a Panthers win.

For real though in a one game winner take all, I’ll take the team with the best player on the planet who’s shown time and time again he’s a freak of nature who can will the puck in the net at times. We know Mcdavid can take a game over, but it’s been the role players who’ve really stepped up in this series when the big guns have been quiet. That being said last game of the year, Oilers can throw 97 and 29 out there 30+ minutes tomorrow night and you can only contain those two for so long.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It was Bob that won that matchup.....

I do remember how Barkov played and Bob did make the difference in game one and THE main reson Florida won game 1... not Barkov.
I didn't say Bob want the reason they won.
We were talking Barkov vs McDavid battle.
Did Bob set up 2 of the 3 panther goals or was thst Barkov?

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
The Oilers have scored first in 19 out of 24 games. Florida must score first if they hope to win. If Edmonton scores first again, I can see the wheels falling off in a hurry.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
WTF is this?
I kind of like it. Gagner would provide some inspiration in the lineup for all he's done for the Oilers. Perry also has that veteran presence that is so valuable in such a big game. Kane has been kind of meh with his injury, though. I can see why Knoblauch would leave the lineup alone though, because 'If it's not broken, don't fix it'. It's probably a good thing I'm not a head coach.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
what night would you prefer since Game 6 was on Friday? wait another week for Game 7 on a Friday?
I get yea.
But it is some f***ed up scheduling none the less.
I just read today that the NHL put on 6 games in June so far.
It's the friggin 24th for crying out loud.
I'll be on my boat checking the score.
Team who scores firsts wins this one.

Reactions: Melrose Munch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad