SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
for Florida to win, they're top have will have to score some goals and they need to score first. For Edmonton to win, they need to score first which they have the past three games and then make they're speed put florida on their heels. The team that imposes their will on the other will win game 7 and the Cup. Between the two, Florida has the tougher task but it can be done.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Depending on the score, the Oilers should probably refrain from overplaying McDavid, Draisaitl, and Bouchard. They might need them for overtime.
Overtime when you're up 4 heading into the 3rd?

Honestly think if someone gets a real quick goal in the first few minutes it demoralizes the other team and down hill from there

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
I suspect this is going to be another blowout for Edmonton. Florida is finished. Hopefully, this loss knocks them back to irrelevance where they deserve.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Have to feel Kane will lobby to get in.. who would you take out? (I wouldn't make a change even though I don't have great faith in stonehands Foegle)

What will Florida do lineup wise?

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Have to feel Kane will lobby to get in.. who would you take out? (I wouldn't make a change even though I don't have great faith in stonehands Foegle)

Only one i can see coming out is perry, but knoblach hasn't changed lineups after Ws.....

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Not a chance Foegele is out. He sat a bunch of games and has an energy advantage. Plus he's healthy. Plus he scored last game.

The 4th line is McLeod-Ryan-Perry. If Kane comes back it will be for one of them

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Overtime when you're up 4 heading into the 3rd?

Honestly think if someone gets a real quick goal in the first few minutes it demoralizes the other team and down hill from there
Up by four goals heading in the third, yeah, I'd say roll the lines to keep it steady hopefully. But if the Oilers are behind you have to play the big guns a lot, of course.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
My argument is kinda the same. Oilers were playing with nothing to lose last few games. but this time its so called "their cup" to lose with 3 wins on the trot. They might start nervous and give up early goals. Atleast thats my prediction. TBD of course ;)

Yes, i agree.

Momentum can shift within a game even,.particularly if a team had a significant stretch of success in their favor. It could be any of a number of things: a series of huge saves, an unlucky goal or two against, a big hit on a key player that seems to put them on their heels over a significant portion of a period etc.

I remember my Flames in the 2022 playoffs where we won a brutal dog-fight against Dallas and a red-hot brick wall in Oettinger. We were riding high and took that into the 2nd round against the Oilers. Game 1 we beat them 9-6 and we looked like we were going to cut through them like hot butter having a high-flying offensive squad of our own. Then in the following game we ran into some penalty calls, Markstrom got rattled (made some bad behind the net decisions and then became a sieve), and Oilers were ignited. It looked like someone popped our balloon. Most of the guys looked suddenly cooked. And the Oilers the opposite.

My point with the above is Oilers are flying high. But the series is tied and going into a Florida for a 1 game winner take all. And the Panthers are not a joke team. Yeah if they don't show up firing on all cylinders and focused they're screwed. But if they put up a stand, don't take penalties and maybe get a little luck following a good gameplan they can surprise a lot of people and win at home.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So would you put him in?
I would bring back Kane in a heart beat if he got healthier. It would be big boost. Henrique was awful when we played him too early but was a great contributor when he improved. Sitting him made a lot of sense, and it still makes sense for Kane if hes still injured. But still, I'd bet next game Florida will rough it up. Kane helps there

I don't know how Kane is now. Knoblauch does.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
No... but Bob kicked 97 ass the first game not Barkov. The battle was and is: Bob against 97. When Bob is not on top, McJesus gets 4 pts!
ok. I'm cool with that . But the original post the two center captains form each club.
Ya want to change it To Connor vs Bob ....sure. I agree.

Oilers will win unless Bob plays insane again.

but since late game 3 they have him figured
Team who scores First goal wins this game

Reactions: Bradely

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Team who scores First goal wins this game
I kinda agree esp if it's a quick goal

If edmonton pops one quick it's over and I think will kill Florida mentally. They haven't had a lead since game 3

If Florida score first and takes the lead out might give them confidence to keep going

Reactions: PaulD

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I think there's a big difference between being in control or not.

If you're just watching helplessly you might resort to a coping mechanism of trying to cushion the blow, where you would otherwise focus and create positive mental images if you were about to do it yourself.
Bah. It's never over until it's over.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Sammy’s not playing game 7 of the finals after not playing for months lol
No kidding. I wouldn't play Gagner even if we were up 3-0 in the series and going into game 4

Maybe it would work out. Chances are, it would. Knoblauch has his job on the line though. If he makes a choice like that and it costs us the cup, that one choice will get him fired. He doesn't get the luxury of armchair GMing

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Bob or bust for FL

Is he on his game or not...if not...could be ugly.

I'd venture that if he gives up the 1st 2 goals(in the 1st through mid-2nd) you pull him

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
That is a sooooooooooo franking embarrassing

How are you not picking him up cheating
And he scores the exact same move

So embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events