SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It's stressful no doubt, but being here before helps. In 2006 I was the stereotypical sports guy, lived and died by how the team did, if they won I was happy the next day, if they lost I was pissed off. When they lost in game 7 of the SCF I was pissed, but I realized its just a game and not worth being pissed off over, so I became more even headed and started just enjoying the game for what it is, entertainment. That helped, because you know what followed that game seven 7 loss, a mass exodus of players and my favourite player was traded at the deadline, followed by the decade of darkness.

Now im just happy to be here playing hockey in June, we took it as far it we can. Maxed out on home games for the season and now it's down to a one game winner take all. I can handle a loss without being pissed. Im not a player, im not on the team and I can't affect the outcome. Now, the players, I expect would be gutted and pissed off, but for me, win or lose, it's still Tuesday the next day.

its not a good enough season for the players, but as a fan, I am more than happy with it, win or lose. They showed great resiliency this season. Of course, The Oil will win though :)
and if the do....it's still just Tuesday the next day for fans 😉
Go Oil

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I see Florida winning a very boring game. Like 3-1 where Florida gets a two goal lead early and dumps bags of sand on the ice and neither team generates much. No real reason to predict that, just a gut feeling. I do hope that it is an exciting game.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
It’s truly a pick em game 7. I could very easily see either team winning this game. Hope that means it’s

It’s truly a pick em game 7. I could very easily see either team winning this game. Hope that means it’s an absolute classic.
Both teams at -110 right now

I kind of like it. Gagner would provide some inspiration in the lineup for all he's done for the Oilers. Perry also has that veteran presence that is so valuable in such a big game. Kane has been kind of meh with his injury, though. I can see why Knoblauch would leave the lineup alone though, because 'If it's not broken, don't fix it'. It's probably a good thing I'm not a head coach.
They need Gagner for inspiration??

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
How many of us said "f*** off with the OBC already"?
My stance was that he was my fav Oiler growing up (now bouch) and he has no place coaching us. Proven nothing and even had a racist allegation when he coached his boy in Toronto. My bad! He's been brilliant.

With knob... It was more that I blamed Holland and not woody. I loved woody.

I've been happily eating shit this post season lol

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
I didn't say Bob want the reason they won.
We were talking Barkov vs McDavid battle.
Did Bob set up 2 of the 3 panther goals or was thst Barkov?
"Set up 2 of the 3 panther goals" :laugh:

Barkov had an assist on an empty net goal in the game, with 5 seconds left. Unreal.

If you're actually trying to make an argument that Barkov has outplayed or is on par with McDavid in this series, I'd advise against it

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
They need Gagner for inspiration??
Not need, but it could contribute to the team mojo. They got inspiration either way. I don't know why they stopped playing him about two-thirds through the regular season. He's a smart player, albeit not that fast. To some degree, it would be like a symbolic gesture for everything Gagner has done for the Oilers over the years. It would be nice to have his name on the Cup. *knock on wood*

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
0-0 in 3rd OT
Nurse is laying facedown on the ice in front of his net, causing him to be late for a line change
Ceci jumps on the ice without realizing that Nurse hasn't changed yet.
Nurse flies back and assumes his position facedown on the ice by Skinner
Tkachuk shoots the puck, causing it to teleport past a bewildered Ceci, deflects off Nurses ass and then goes into the net past Skinner
Florida wins the cup

• Love
Reactions: PromisedLand

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
Not need, but it could contribute to the team mojo. They got inspiration either way. I don't know why they stopped playing him about two-thirds through the regular season. He's a smart player, albeit not that fast. To some degree, it would be like a symbolic gesture for everything Gagner has done for the Oilers over the years. It would be nice to have his name on the Cup. *knock on wood*
Dude, stop.

This is professional sports.

No one cares about Gagner's feelings.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Oilers definitely have the momentum, and they got into Bobrovsky's head for sure.

That said, I hope they ain't as cocky/arrogant as some fans here.
The same way the Florida (and Vancouver, Toronto and Calgary) fans were cocky and arrogant after the first 3 games?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I kind of like it. Gagner would provide some inspiration in the lineup for all he's done for the Oilers. Perry also has that veteran presence that is so valuable in such a big game. Kane has been kind of meh with his injury, though. I can see why Knoblauch would leave the lineup alone though, because 'If it's not broken, don't fix it'. It's probably a good thing I'm not a head coach.
Anyone who thinks Edmonton messes with their 4th line and sits Brown hasn’t been watching this series and will be disappointed when the G7 lineup appears for real.

Reactions: Macheteops

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Anyone who thinks Edmonton messes with their 4th line and sits Brown hasn’t been watching this series and will be disappointed when the G7 lineup appears for real.
I wasn't thinking that Brown should be sat. I agree he's been phenomenal support these finals. Exactly what they needed. Maybe Kane out? If he's not skating well maybe Gagner could slot in his place.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think Florida takes this one.

It feels to me like the wind gets taken out of the Oiler's sails in the first, like a breaking or deflating moment.

My argument is kinda the same. Oilers were playing with nothing to lose last few games. but this time its so called "their cup" to lose with 3 wins on the trot. They might start nervous and give up early goals. Atleast thats my prediction. TBD of course ;)

Reactions: Tofveve

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I get it. At this point, I'd stick to what's working and use one of the exceptions for him.

As for inspiration--If I were a vet on that team, I'd say "Connor had laid his blood sweat tears and guts for us. We owe him a Cup"

Reactions: Hippasus

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Depending on the score, the Oilers should probably refrain from overplaying McDavid, Draisaitl, and Bouchard. They might need them for overtime.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
It breaks up the 3rd line, which has been the heartbeat of the team in the finals, and inexplicably puts both Ceci and Nurse on their off-sides while breaking up the best pairing for any team throughout the playoffs.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
It breaks up the 3rd line, which has been the heartbeat of the team in the finals, and inexplicably puts both Ceci and Nurse on their off-sides while breaking up the best pairing for any team throughout the playoffs.
I didn't notice the D shuffling. I agree they shouldn't mess with that. This Gagner thing is just a suggestion. Like I said, it's probably a good thing I'm not a coach.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I didn't say Bob want the reason they won.
We were talking Barkov vs McDavid battle.
Did Bob set up 2 of the 3 panther goals or was thst Barkov?
No... but Bob kicked 97 ass the first game not Barkov. The battle was and is: Bob against 97. When Bob is not on top, McJesus gets 4 pts!

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I didn't notice the D shuffling. I agree they shouldn't mess with that. This Gagner thing is just a suggestion. Like I said, it's probably a good thing I'm not a coach.
The only change I'd be down for is Gagner in for Ryan. I like DR's effort, but he's too slight to handle the Panthers and has been a liability at even strength. He's obviously been lights-out on the PK, so I'd also hesitate to mess with a good thing.

Gagner, while short, is strong enough to win battles and has offensive instincts that could pay off.

Reactions: Hippasus

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
When first discussing the Dallas series and this one the point was discussed how much does a person account for the “Mission” McDavid and Draisaitl are on?

It’s true that every player wants to win, but those two have been focused now for over a year since the Vegas series.

Every interview it’s been asked for a year (the famous “cup or bust” quote) and these guys are obsessed with it.

Now that it’s actually within grasp, I can’t see them faltering. Even if Florida goes up by a couple of goals, they will not be out of it.

I expect both to have a tremendous game, especially Drai who still hasn’t left his mark on the series.

This will be epic

Reactions: Kerberos

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
The only change I'd be down for is Gagner in for Ryan. I like DR's effort, but he's too slight to handle the Panthers and has been a liability at even strength. He's obviously been lights-out on the PK, so I'd also hesitate to mess with a good thing.

Gagner, while short, is strong enough to win battles and has offensive instincts that could pay off.
So you're going by game six lines other than Derek Ryan out?

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Perhaps they will sit Perry like Klima in 90 and spring him for OT.
He's exactly the sort of player they need in this situation. That Klima goal worked out tremendously, but would be sort of risky. Depending on the score or situation, I would try to roll four lines as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad