Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Not in wins they didn’t
The goals for and goals against metrics determined that was a lie. Real shit, Edmonton should have already won this series 4-2, Bob was phenomenal early in the series.
Metrics, margins of victory, points for and against really mean nothing

Numbers on the scoreboard mean everything

I always point to 1960 World Series. One team outscored the other 55-27 over 7 games. One team won games by 13 10 and 12--winning avg margin of 11.66

The other team won by 2 1 3 and 1--avg winning margin of 1.75

The ONLY number that matters is that the team that got it's ASS kicked in 3 games, won the series by taking 4 tight games

The number we're questing after is 4. The rest of the jive is for Strat O Matic games and excuse making

The bar trivia answer is that this is the only time in MLB history that the MVP of the championship series went to a player on a losing team

Drop the puck, let's go and to the victor go the spoils

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Something tells me Florida will win game 7. This something is the voice in my head, which is generally not to be trusted.
I hope so as well. It would be best for the Panthers (obviously!) the NHL and even the Oilers if this were to happen. Oilers benefit by seing their scoring-based approach is flawed, NHL benefits by the start of a raw rivalry between Panthers-Lightning now that thy may have won and we benefit from media finally shutting up about playoff point totals.

Win Win WIn wIn

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
I hope so as well. It would be best for the Panthers (obviously!) the NHL and even the Oilers if this were to happen. Oilers benefit by seing their scoring-based approach is flawed, NHL benefits by the start of a raw rivalry between Panthers-Lightning now that thy may have won and we benefit from media finally shutting up about playoff point totals.

Win Win WIn wIn

Incredible stuff on HFBoards as usual.

ozhenson

Jul 26, 2007

Win Win WIn wIn
I understand the western playoffs were on awfully late and a lot of people didn't watch as a result, but the Oil haven't been relying on outscoring their problems this playoffs. They've gotten by on insanely stingy defense and dynamite special teams.

Close games are no longer this teams issue.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
If I'm the Panthers coaching staff, I am done coddling the players: your performance in this series has already had a harmful effect on your legacies, on the way your performance is being gauged by peers and opponents, and on your future ability to make money in this business. You're already responsible for the biggest collapse since World War II; save what face you have left and win one home game.

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014

Win Win WIn wIn

This is hardly true in the sense that the Oilers aren't "run and gun" (if that is what you are referring to), but why would the Oilers make strategical decisions based on one game whatever the outcome?

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

Win Win WIn wIn
IMG_5499.jpeg

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The goals for and goals against metrics determined that was a lie. Real shit, Edmonton should have already won this series 4-2, Bob was phenomenal early in the series.
Again, teams have dominated a game and lost by two goals before.

Oh I see, so Skinner gets credit for helping turn the tide in this series around, but Bob was just some nuisance that got in the way of Oiler wins early on. Lol. Goalies are part of the team too. Face it, everyone is just on the Oilers/McDavid love train. That's all you had to say.

BIeucheeseWithWings

Jul 9, 2022
Sorry, Chucky. We heard your fans in game 5; nothing to write home about. He is expecting the crowd to be the loudest he has heard -- after he was in Edmonton two days ago? Fake it till you make it, I guess.

Reactions: zar

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I do not remember a bigger hockey game in my lifetime
- 3-0 comeback
- McDavid's historical run and chance to close the deal
- Florida b2b cup final appearances, their chance to seal the deal and avoid the worst collapse in NHL history
- Canada cup drought possibly ending

It's going to be incredible tomorrow, I can't wait

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I know a few have already posted, but to give a bit more context:

If you are not aware of Joey Moss, he was the brother of Vikki Moss, a former girlfriend of Wayne Gretzky. This was in the very early years of his career.

Joey Moss had Down Syndrome. Wayne got him a job with the Oilers where he assisted the equipment team.
He eventually also worked with the local football team and became beloved by the city.

The Moss family were all actors and entertainment people. Joey was very outgoing and ribbed the players as much as possible.
He loved the song La Bamba, but didn’t know all the words. The players loved when he would go through the dressing room belting it out at the top of his lungs.

When he passed away, he really had become an icon in the city. The team then started to play La Bamba as a tribute when they won.

Ben Stelter was a young boy that unfortunately had a rare form of cancer, he and McDavid started a special bond that was quickly taken up by all of Edmonton. Ben became a “good luck charm” during a playoff run and was famous before a game for saying “Play La Bamba Baby” and the phrase and song are now also associated with him.

This started as a simple tribute to a local icon and has now grown into an identity to the team. It’s really almost a grassroots thing that has grown organically. Never set out to become what it has become, but as a lifelong Oilers fan familiar with both stories it is totally, absolutely awesome.
and just to add that Oilers have a statue of Joey Moss on the way out of thier dressing room so Joey can still high five the players on the way out.

:laugh: wtf is this.

Off the top of my head, McDavid was extremely dangerous in Game 1. It was Bob that won that matchup, definitely not Barkov
Ive learned from this series that Barkov is extremely overrated and that Tkachunk and Bennet are exactly what I remember from their Calgary days.

Last edited:

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Something tells me Florida will win game 7. This something is the voice in my head, which is generally not to be trusted.
I have that feeling as well. Though I also thought Florida would win game 6 so my feelings generally stink

It'll be great watching this game as a neutral viewer, I don't know how any Florida/Edmonton fan could enjoy themselves watching this. I'd be a mess

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
If I'm the Panthers coaching staff, I am done coddling the players: your performance in this series has already had a harmful effect on your legacies, on the way your performance is being gauged by peers and opponents, and on your future ability to make money in this business. You're already responsible for the biggest collapse since World War II; save what face you have left and win one home game.
I am sure behind closed door Maurice ripped the team, Zito has probably read the riot act to Maurice a few times as well. Maurices press schtick after game 5 was very different from the first 4 games. They feel this in their bones. The coach isn't going to come out and say he "yeah the team sucked and I yelled at them for 45 minutes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad