Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Can Florida win game 7. Yes, but the way they have been playing the last 3 games it will be very difficult. They have lost their game, I never would have thought this would hapeen but it has, and yes Edmonton has alot to do with why Florida has lost it game. For Florida to win they have to find their heart or will to win again, yea sure they say they want to win but in the last 3 games they come out slow, make too many mistakes, give up the first goal and play with absolutely no desperation to their game. With Edmonton it was different, even though they lost the first 3 games, they were palying hard, creating scoring chances, getting pucks to the net, it was just not going in for them and eventuaally it did. But it isn't this way with Florida in the last 3 games, they have been outskated, outplayed and outscored badly all this will have to change for Florida to win.

PuckLuckCup

Jun 15, 2024
I don't see any way that the Florida Panthers can possibly win Game 7.

Edmonton has all the momentum and all the belief.

Edmonton also has Connor McDavid, who I can't see any way possible that he allows the Oilers to lose Game 7.

Reactions: PaulD and David71

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Though I’m disappointed the Cats have let this get out of hand, as a hockey fan, you can’t go wrong with a game 7 in the SCF.

That said, the Oil have all the momentum and the Cats are going to have to play desperate, structured hockey to prevail. They have to get back to the things they were doing that got them here—eg, relentless pressure in all 3 zones.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Florida going to a trap is important. Would throw Edmonton off...

IMO

If they win, they will likely have sellouts and a waiting list for next few years.

If they lose...well....I'm unsure how that could possibly attract new fans.

The trap is probably the worst strategy you could go to against this Oilers team. Their entire core had had their whole playoffs experience molded and defined by overcoming and dismantling playing against the trap.

Ask the Kings how effective it is against McDavid and Draisaitl at this point.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
I'm not a Panthers fan. Point was this is a decisive moment in the game & despite saying it at the time (along with the missed calls b4 the 3-0 goal being as big) I was criticized, so I found it interesting that an American national writer who picked the Oilers to win the cup at the beginning of the season saw the same thing that I saw.

Both calls & non-calls can make a difference this time of year, Bruins fans saw it in game 5 2019 for example.
One journalist doesn't make a point valid. The rule is a double edged sword, as FLA found out.

Next season do away with it. But FLA of all teams is can't cry, they benefited more than most.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
FWIW - even if Kane is healthy, don't change that lineup. We're winning with speed, coutner attack and tenacity. I agree Kane is better than some guys but don't change a winning formula. I'm more curious what Maurice does as he has to be pulling his hair out right now.
I Have a funny feeling Kane is coming in, and gets the GWG to boot

Reactions: PaulD and Czechboy

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
Can Florida win game 7. Yes, but the way they have been playing the last 3 games it will be very difficult. They have lost their game, I never would have thought this would hapeen but it has, and yes Edmonton has alot to do with why Florida has lost it game. For Florida to win they have to find their heart or will to win again, yea sure they say they want to win but in the last 3 games they come out slow, make too many mistakes, give up the first goal and play with absolutely no desperation to their game. With Edmonton it was different, even though they lost the first 3 games, they were palying hard, creating scoring chances, getting pucks to the net, it was just not going in for them and eventuaally it did. But it isn't this way with Florida in the last 3 games, they have been outskated, outplayed and outscored badly all this will have to change for Florida to win.
Game 4 and 5 we actually started great. We got PPs and in game 4 we hit the post twice in like 2 second in that PP and in game 5 Barkov made a sick pass to Ekblad but Skinner made a great save. The issue is the mistakes yes, in both of those PPs we gave up shorties….so yeah, we started off great than committed the most back breaking mistakes possible to suck the life out of the team, 2 back breaking plays to give up the first goals and we lost both games this way. Although I must say game 6 was brutal all around. But yeah, as soon as we gave up those initial shorties in game 4-5 I knew instantly games were over.

Reactions: Sentinel

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
To say it a coincidence overall is a hypothesis and not a priori substantiable. In an integral sense, it depends on one's frame of discourse, or perspective. Hockey might be more chaotic than the other team sports, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the outcome of big games are mere coincidence.

I'm not saying the outcome is only coincidence, but that coincidence is at least a bigger factor than in any other major sport, that it's bigger than most fans appreciate, and that, perhaps, it's the biggest single factor, but not bigger than other factors combined. This all, of course, is across a single game, and a single game 7 especially, where teams are obviously evenly matched and mitigate the differences in strength and skill.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Really impressed with Edmonton, thought they were cooked like most after 3. Florida should be good enough to get at least 1 lucky win in 4 at a minimum. Florida wins game 7 off a stanchion bounce and the Oilers hit 12 posts.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Blowing a 3-0 Cup final lead is franchise destroying. I bet Quebec City fans are gonna be glued to their TV sets, a Florida L could send the team in a spiral that lands them where they belong in another decade :popcorn:

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
I think the Panthers are mentally stuck in between their identity forechecking and fear of the stretch.

They have had three games to adjust, and it's gotten worse every game. Edmonton is getting better and really moving the puck quick now.

If I was a Florida fan I would have an issue with the coaching. Dallas stretched the Oilers and it worked, until the Oilers adjusted. The Panthers have been unable to adjust, and it has let this comeback snowball into a runaway train.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Then Florida has one option: dominate and win.

I've seen this comparison and don't get it.

Buffalo never blew a huge SB lead.
Yeah just dominate and win, another genius idea. Why didn’t Florida think about that the last 3 games!

In a one game winner take all, I’ll take the team with the best player in the world who can drop a 4pt night at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad