SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Florida going to a trap is important. Would throw Edmonton off...

IMO

If they win, they will likely have sellouts and a waiting list for next few years.

If they lose...well....I'm unsure how that could possibly attract new fans.
The trap worked so well for the Kings three years in a row against the Oilers. And that was their system, so I’m sure it would work great for a desperate team trying to implement it in the eleventh hour. Great idea.

Burnaby Schmo

Jan 23, 2021
I don't care at all about the Canada connection. McDavid getting a Cup on this run would be historic!
Books and movies will be made if McDavid gets his cup, and the drama has been just too hot! It's gonna be really an intense night! I can go back to hating the Oilers on Tuesday.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Imo winning won't be enough to be remembered long term. You have to repeat. But yes, coming from 0-3 will be brought up a ton if the Oilers complete the comeback
If they win they're the first Canadian team to win the Cup in three decades led by one of the top 4 players in the history of the game. They would be the first team to come back from a 3-0 deficit in the final since 1942, and the only big four league team to come back in the 4th round.

It will be historic. Fans will have concrete reasons to remember it for decades.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Except... we've always made lineup changes. Isn't keeping things the same doing things differently??

For me, Knoblauch has earned my trust. Even when he put Ceci and Nurse together again for a bit, maybe it somehow was the right thing in that moment
Definitely a fair point. Win or lose.. knob was amazing. And I was critical of his hiring.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Been out recovering from surgery so my generally incomprehensible nonsense would've been even worse...

Full credit to the Oilers. I legit didn't see this happening with how the first half of the series went.

Florida having a Buffalo Bills-tier chokejob on their hands. (please don't do this, Florida.)

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
The trap worked so well for the Kings three years in a row against the Oilers. And that was their system, so I’m sure it would work great for a desperate team trying to implement it in the eleventh hour. Great idea.
Then Florida has one option: dominate and win.

Been out recovering from surgery so my generally incomprehensible nonsense would've been even worse...

Full credit to the Oilers. I legit didn't see this happening with how the first half of the series went.

Florida having a Buffalo Bills-tier chokejob on their hands. (please don't do this, Florida.)
I've seen this comparison and don't get it.

Buffalo never blew a huge SB lead.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
This.

Everyone is now counting them out and I believe they will come out and dominate game 7.

I can't wrap my head around the idea that a team that was so great will.just crumble.
Panthers have been outplayed 4 of 6 games. They killed Edmonton game 2 and were much better for 40 minutes in game 3 and deserved that win, but Bob had the best game of any goalie this playoffs game 1 or this series is over already. It's not like Florida killed Edmonton, Bob stole game 1, if it was 2-1 Florida after 3 games as it should've been the narrative is a lot different. Not an excuse for Florida looking so bad in games 4 and 6 mind you but it's not like they've been the better team for most of the round.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Panthers have been outplayed 4 of 6 games. They killed Edmonton game 2 and were much better for 40 minutes in game 3 and deserved that win, but Bob had the best game of any goalie this playoffs game 1 or this series is over already. It's not like Florida killed Edmonton, Bob stole game 1, if it was 2-1 Florida after 3 games as it should've been the narrative is a lot different. Not an excuse for Florida looking so bad in games 4 and 6 mind you but it's not like they've been the better team for most of the round.
I just have a tough time imagining the deeper team not showing up in a racous building.

I will say that game 7 of the SCF seems to be determined very early. In the sense that the team who carries the play and scores first wins the game.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
We outplayed them in game 5 too. Oilers were barely hanging on. If that game lasts another 5 minutes, we'd be planning the parade route already.

• Haha
Reactions: zar and Zerotonine

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
I think the Panthers are cooked but for whatever reason they're actually favorites (-115 so barely more than a pick em but still) so either my team wins or I make some $$$ to ease the pain. I think the only hope is Florida looked great game 2 and decent enough game 5 at home and the Oilers are not a good road team, and it'll be 90 and raining on Monday, terrible hockey weather, and shit ice helps Florida, also fwiw PoMo is undefeated in game 7s at 4-0.

But I just can't see how a team gets over what's happened, Erod is liking memes about Florida choking lol.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I really hope McDavid puts on a show in game 7

After game 5 i thought he had a legitimate chance of topping Gretzky's 47 points but it seems quite improbable now. Still - 2 big milestones within reach:

Lemieux 44 points, #2 all time. McDavid needs 2 points to tie, 3 to pass

13 points in a final - record all time. McDavid has 11

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
32 with rain in Sunrise on Monday, the ice is going to be horrible. It was so bad in game 5, people falling all over the ice and pucks bobbling constantly. I hope its better for g7
That's good news. Ice forms at 32 degrees. Although you can have ice or water at that same temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad