SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Thanks for looking past the hf Oilers fanbase and rooting for a good team.

Signed hf oil fan!
Every fan bases has their crazies. Message boards will have even more. As someone who said I wouldn't root for anyone once the Leafs went out, how the f*** can you not root for Edmonton?

I don't care at all about the Canada connection. McDavid getting a Cup on this run would be historic!

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Valiant effort by Florida to get back to the SCF but they are 100% finished.

Picked Edmonton and think they will secure the game with a 3-0 lead before the end of the 1st.

The 2023-2024 Edmonton Oilers are going to be a team that will be spoken about for decades to come.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Valiant effort by Florida to get back to the SCF but they are 100% finished.

Picked Edmonton and think they will secure the game with a 3-0 lead before the end of the 1st.

The 2023-2024 Edmonton Oilers are going to be a team that will be spoken about for decades to come.
Imo winning won't be enough to be remembered long term. You have to repeat. But yes, coming from 0-3 will be brought up a ton if the Oilers complete the comeback

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
FWIW - even if Kane is healthy, don't change that lineup. We're winning with speed, coutner attack and tenacity. I agree Kane is better than some guys but don't change a winning formula. I'm more curious what Maurice does as he has to be pulling his hair out right now.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Another two day break ugh!

I think if you told Florida before that season started they’d have a game 7 at home to win the cup they’d sign up for that. The issue is losing 3 in a row to get to that point makes it less “sexy.”

Oilers have that “find a way” team of destiny feeling. They didn’t just squeak by 3 wins in a row. They’ve blown Florida out in 2 of the 3 wins.

I do think Florida being at home helps because the Edmonton crowd is as loud as can be, but if the Oilers truly are a team of destiny it won’t matter if the panthers are playing them at home, the North Pole, on the moon etc.

Bring on game 7!

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Imo winning won't be enough to be remembered long term. You have to repeat. But yes, coming from 0-3 will be brought up a ton if the Oilers complete the comeback
They looked destined for a massive shake up in October/November. Dead. Zero reason to think they would make the playoffs. Had two massive winning streaks in the season and have completely dominated in the playoffs. It's one thing to just beat the other team, the Oilers have gone the extra mile and ground and wore down opposing teams in their series.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
FWIW - even if Kane is healthy, don't change that lineup. We're winning with speed, coutner attack and tenacity. I agree Kane is better than some guys but don't change a winning formula. I'm more curious what Maurice does as he has to be pulling his hair out right now.
Except... we've always made lineup changes. Isn't keeping things the same doing things differently??

For me, Knoblauch has earned my trust. Even when he put Ceci and Nurse together again for a bit, maybe it somehow was the right thing in that moment

Reactions: RMF5630

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
They looked destined for a massive shake up in October/November. Dead. Zero reason to think they would make the playoffs. Had two massive winning streaks in the season and have completely dominated in the playoffs. It's one thing to just beat the other team, the Oilers have gone the extra mile and ground and wore down opposing teams in their series.
This will be brought up whenever a team has a bad start to the season or goes down in a series by 2 or 3. Its been a rollercoaster and the moral is to never lose hope

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I have no idea and I don't think it matters. Home ice advantage doesn't mean a thing if the opposition is this dominant.

The fact that the Panthers were up 3-0 seems more like an anomaly then a series predictor at this point. The reverse sweep odds are basically irrelevant now.

The most telling fact is the Oilers overall dominance in the series.

The Oilers have scored more than 5 goals 3 times in this final. Only 5 other teams have done this and they have all won the Cup.
Home ice is always a factor with last change and the fan factor. Each team is 2-1 at home this series.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Except... we've always made lineup changes. Isn't keeping things the same doing things differently??

For me, Knoblauch has earned my trust. Even when he put Ceci and Nurse together again for a bit, maybe it somehow was the right thing in that moment
Knoblauch has outcoached Maurice, bottomline. Maurice opened, Knoblauch countered and Maurice has nothing... He is complaining about an offside goal as if that is the difference when his team has been outscored 20 to 5 in the last 3 games. Maurice is who he is, he plays his high penalty minute style and it is biting him.

By the way, where is the guy that told me I didn't know what I was talking about with Bob in games 1-3...

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
3 days between games again? This schedule sucks so much. And this was after an extended break after the conference finals.
Really long travel plays a big part in it. If the game was tomorrow probably no practice would be had between game 6 and 7. On the bright side it allows guy an extra day to heal so that they are as close to their best as their battered and bruised bodies will allow them to be without weeks of rest.

Reactions: PULSATING

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Ok, this is just a ridiculous storyline so far.

Nonetheless, as it comes down to a game 7 and everyone is getting their narratives sorted, putting all sorts of value into fragments of the picture, be it a player's skill, a coach's decision, or a referee's call (or what not); let's just remember that the biggest single factor in games of hockey is always going to be coincidence.

Combine all the factors a team can control and you may mitigate chance to the point you can overcome it, but the odds of that happening when two great teams meet are indeed unfavorable. We'll get a winner, and some fans will pretend they knew all along, they called the decisive fragment, and pat themselves sore.. They'll act as if it was impossible for the loser to have won due to any number of pieces, players, and postulates. They'll act as if the winner was inevitable and indomitable, but it will be as delusional as it ever was.

I am ready for chance to release me, hurt me, or please me, but for f***'s sake hurry up and do it!
To say it a coincidence overall is a hypothesis and not a priori substantiable. In an integral sense, it depends on one's frame of discourse, or perspective. Hockey might be more chaotic than the other team sports, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the outcome of big games are mere coincidence.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009
I can't believe such a terrible team early in the season made it this far after a coaching change. Disappointing the Devils didn't boot Ruff sooner.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
I can't believe such a terrible team early in the season made it this far after a coaching change. Disappointing the Devils didn't boot Ruff sooner.
woodcroft was trying to emulate the golden knights defense system or something.. he was not a bad coach but start sank him. the oilers were always a top 5 team in the conference but were getting lit up like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad