SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
What do you think has higher odds of being true?

Western located fans have the opportunity to watch more Eastern games because they are on earlier?

Or

Western Conference fans actually don't watch any of those games because Just Rude doesn't prefer to watch hockey during dinner hour?
Who says that? The games aren't on during dinner in the East. What a stupid f***ing argument. :laugh:

Anyway, I digress so we can get back to hockey. I'll concede. Western fans know more about the East because they watch East teams at dinner.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Who says that? The games aren't on during dinner in the East. What a stupid f***ing argument. :laugh:

Anyway, I digress so we can get back to hockey. I'll concede. Western fans know more about the East because they watch East teams at dinner.

Little did I know that everyone in the West eats dinner at 5pm sharp (and 11am and 2pm on weekends) and dinner lasts for all three hours of the game each time preventing any opportunity to watch any of it.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Little did I know that everyone in the West eats dinner at 5pm sharp (and 11am and 2pm on weekends) and dinner lasts for all three hours of the game each time preventing any opportunity to watch any of it.
What? Do you guys never leave the house? All you do is watch hockey?

I mean, I watch a ton of Mountain/West Coast games later in the night or when I am getting ready to go to bed or in bed. But I must be the only one in a time zone that makes up a majority of the North American population. Or watches late game highlights every morning getting ready for work. I mean, it's not like networks cater to the eastern audience, right? Highlight packages, online, etc....?

Anyway, this is a ridiculous argument, but I'll take the blame for carrying it on. I got sucked in again. Again, I can concede. You watch more hockey than me.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
What? Do you guys never leave the house? All you do is watch hockey?

I mean, I watch a ton of Mountain/West Coast games later in the night or when I am getting ready to go to bed or in bed. But I must be the only one in a time zone that makes up a majority of the North American population. Or watches late game highlights every morning getting ready for work. I mean, it's not like networks cater to the eastern audience, right? Highlight packages, online, etc....?

Anyway, this is a ridiculous argument, but I'll take the blame for carrying it on. I got sucked in again. Again, I can concede. You watch more hockey than me.
But that's it right there.

Most easterners do exactly that, media included, and make grand sweeping assumptions about western teams based on highlight packages. Whereas in the west we can actually watch the full games before the western games start and have an actual basis of comparison not based solely on what the highlight packages choose to show us.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
This has to be the longest gap ever from conference finals to SCF, no? I bet it’s going to have some of the lowest ratings ever outside of Edmonton and Florida.

Even Canadians outside of Alberta have likely moved on with their summer.

The NHL has a unique way of killing any sort of momentum that the playoffs might have had with fans. Now they get the best of both worlds - all of about 0 people in the United States giving the slightest shit about this series combined with Canadians that have moved on to enjoy their summer due to the delay getting going and schedule that is unreasonably spread out.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Nurse reminds me of Trouba too
Nurse can actually skate
EDM when 7 games with a Vancouver team that has small d-core. I don't think people realize how dominate Fla. has been because elite goalies have kept others in games.

Edmonton struggled when Dallas on the forecheck when they started playing heavy below the blue line. If they can't handle Dallas doing that they have .000001 chance vs Fla.
Some of the takes in here are just awful. Cats are the betting favs going into the series which I agree with but they do have a similar team makeup to the stars in that they are deep and have a well rounded team while the oilers are less balanced but more top-heavy.

The main difference between dallas and florida is that the cats bring a physical element to the game. Edmonton has seen that already against Vancouver. You could say they struggled beacaue it went 7 but the oilers outplayed Vancouver for the majority of that series and skinner really struggled, which is going to be the X factor this series.

Not surprised to see the same lopsided predictions we did in the series against the stars and it's funny how we only hear now after the oilers won that the stars weren't actually that great of a team, not that deep, etc. Going into the Conference finals Dallas was the cup favourite and everyone hates Edmonton so of course they aren't going to get any credit.

Expecting this series to go 6 or 7 and think we're in for one of the best finals of the decade. Both teams are going to get their chances because their forward groups are too good so goaltending is going to be key. Bob is better and proven but Skinner has shown us that he can steal games based on the last round. Looking forward to how barkov and forsling do at trying to contain mcdavid as well. Saturday can't come sooner

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
EDM when 7 games with a Vancouver team that has small d-core. I don't think people realize how dominate Fla. has been because elite goalies have kept others in games.

Edmonton struggled when Dallas on the forecheck when they started playing heavy below the blue line. If they can't handle Dallas doing that they have .000001 chance vs Fla.
6'8 Myers, 6'7 Zadorov, 6'5 Soucy, 6'1 Hronek, 6'1 Cole, 5'10 Hughes.

6'4 Ekblad, 6'4 Mikkola, 6'2 OEL, 6'1 Kulikov, 6'0 Forsling, 6'0 Montour.

Wtf are you talking about? Vancouver's D core is bigger than Florida's.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Kings no.

I’m loling at you asking about the Canucks since it would take a leap of logic for us to play them in the second round this year without them winning a round. They also won a few in 2020.
Good point. lol.
But in my defence ...
That was a pretty easy series to forget.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Cats fans think that Barkov and Forsling can shut down McDavid cause they shut down teams running 2Cs and perennial playoff <ppg choke artists. Forsling-Ekblad couldn't even hold Ekholm-Bouchard's jock straps
two minutes for embellishment.
But yes, nobody shuts down Connor , but if he only averages 1.5 pts per game ....then that what shutting down McDavid means.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

So you watched Game 6 Dallas and didn’t watch the Nucks series. But act like you’re some sort of expert, LOLing at hockey opinions no one even said.

No idea why Knoblauch/Coffey would go back to Nurse-Ceci, when Nurse-Kulak were much better together.

Nonetheless, good news for you Panthers fans.
It’s Knob. He knows what he’s doing. Nurse and Ceci have been playing really good lately too. Might be time to give it another look.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If the Canucks can neutralize McDavid as a 5 man unit, then Florida is more than capable of it too. Can't wait to see how the Oilers handle Florida's relentless forecheck. The previous 3 teams that Florida beat were so worn out and exhausted that they had no energy left for offense.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
1.jpg

Already pretty unanimous who would go #1 in a 2014 redraft......but interesting that the other three picks in the original top 4 are all in this series as well. :laugh:

Scrolling through the rest of the draft I spotted Montour, Foegele and Forsling as well. Lots of representation in this series.

Reactions: sanscosm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad