SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Very curious to see how this series goes. Florida seems built to give a skilled team like the Oilers trouble, but McDavid so close to a cup is probably going to go into utter beast mode and the top end skill on Edmonton is staggering.

How will Edmonton's goaltending handle it all? Are the refs going to put the whistles away, or will they call games tight due to the magnitude of the series? The pace of the game and whistles could dictate which team controls the bulk of play. Specialty teams will be huge.

Going to be a fascinating final!

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
It’s funny, but just for a little reference, all of these Miami tv/news outlets had to use Google maps as little as 3 years ago to find their way to the arena. Idk, it’s all good for a laugh.
I know it's meant for a laugh and these people are literally clueless about anything outside their own sphere, but wow, that's bad. Florida has had an NHL team for 31 years. I hate when people get in to slamming regions or cities (slam the team not the city) but for a die hard hockey fan, this still kinda upsets me.

But then again, i don't give two shits about football and i'm sure most people in Florida would think that's just as bad....

Reactions: Just Rude

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
not really, those games are on at 5PM here so we watch a lot of them before our games are on

Oh, so let me get this straight. Western Conference fans know more about Eastern teams because the games are on at dinnertime?

First thing I want to do after a long day at work. Flick on the TV, ignore my family during dinner and watch a game involving a team that I really have no interest in.

Last edited:

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Oh, so let me get this straight. Western Conference fans know more about Eastern teams because the games are on at dinnertime?

First thing I want to do after a long day at work. Flick on the TV, ignore my family during dinner and watch a game involving a team that I really have no interest in.

Our families watch hockey. ;)

It's somewhat of a pass time.

Reactions: PULSATING and PuckG

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Very curious to see how this series goes. Florida seems built to give a skilled team like the Oilers trouble, but McDavid so close to a cup is probably going to go into utter beast mode and the top end skill on Edmonton is staggering.

This may go down as one of the best finals in recent memory. Edmonton's top-end skill is insane. It's almost like the '80's Oilers offensively. McDrai are going to be fired up, and the Cats are going to have their hands full. They need to stay out of the box. That PP is just lethal.

How will Edmonton's goaltending handle it all? Are the refs going to put the whistles away, or will they call games tight due to the magnitude of the series?
Florida is going to play how they always play. Crash and bang, forecheck and they'll get in Skinner's kitchen a lot. Be interesting to see how the Oilers react, and if Skinner gets rattled.

Great matchup!

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

yes...believe it or not, instead of the evening news, there's usually a hockey game on

snag

Feb 22, 2014

or maybe because after supper, we can catch the last half of the game before ours comes on.....which by that time you guys are either sleeping or whining like a 7 year old girl that it's too late. ;)

Plus....we get the full nightly package of hilights BEFORE we go to bed....not quite the same, but serves as a bit of a Coles/Cliffs Notes version. Not sure about you, but I don't have nearly the interest in hilights the day after. Unless there was something that makes it worth it (like watch MacDavid's goal in Game 6.....again :))

And you just said it yourself too......NO INTEREST IN. So why would you know?

Last edited:

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
EDM when 7 games with a Vancouver team that has small d-core. I don't think people realize how dominate Fla. has been because elite goalies have kept others in games.

Edmonton struggled when Dallas on the forecheck when they started playing heavy below the blue line. If they can't handle Dallas doing that they have .000001 chance vs Fla.
Oh, no. This was not a well thought out post.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

What do you think has higher odds of being true?

Western located fans have the opportunity to watch more Eastern games because they are on earlier?

Or

Western Conference fans actually don't watch any of those games because Just Rude doesn't prefer to watch hockey during dinner hour?

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria

Western fans just watch a lot more hockey than Eastern fans. I watch two games a day most nights. Games are on from 4:00pm to 10:30pm, which is a lot more accessible than from 7:00pm to 1:30am.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Western fans just watch a lot more hockey than Eastern fans. I watch two games a day most nights. Games are on from 4:00pm to 10:30pm, which is a lot more accessible than from 7:00pm to 1:30am.

I've spent quite a few hung over Saturdays watching a game at 10:30, 2, 5, then 8.

First three games almost always Eastern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad