SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Actually I was gonna reply to the guy that said he’s like Nurse with “but Nurse can actually skate”. So I totally understand what you’re laying out here. Sucks to hear about his injuries. I agree with your assessment though, he’s very stationary with his defence. Plays a hard game in his own zone though I noticed, which is a good thing. The Oilers cycle which can be pretty fast or rush break outs may give him fits.
Tbh, Ive been having visions like the Disney Channels "Thats so Raven" when it comes to Ekblad getting turned into a pylon by McDavid. I promise you it happens Game 1 within the first 40.

Reactions: Esteban

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Tbh, Ive been having visions like the Disney Channels "Thats so Raven" when it comes to Ekblad getting turned into a pylon by McDavid. I promise you it happens Game 1 within the first 40.
Lol yeh? I could see it happening. His mobility can be exposed. Also think he might get in trouble with his outlets too, as he wacks the puck alot instead of gaining puck control and looking for a more solid pass. That’s actually what reminded me of Trouba when I made my initial post, the whole wacking the puck at random thing. Although Trouba does it way way more.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Cats Fans. Who was your toughest opponent out of the 3 you’ve faced so far in your opinion.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I could easily be wrong. The difference in this series is Florida is a different beast. La, van, Dallas played a similar passive defensive east west style. Florida pushes more and generates more. While I think and hope Florida wins, who knows really. To possibly contain mcdavid you really need to constantly push the offense and Florida is for sure capable. Again though who knows if they will. If Bob has a bad week none of that matters.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I could easily be wrong. The difference in this series is Florida is a different beast. La, van, Dallas played a similar passive defensive east west style. Florida pushes more and generates more. While I think and hope Florida wins, who knows really. To possibly contain mcdavid you really need to constantly push the offense and Florida is for sure capable. Again though who knows if they will. If Bob has a bad week none of that matters.
By generate more you actually mean generate less right? Florida scored less than all of LA, Van and Dallas at 5v5. The high flying Panthers were 26th in the league in 5v5 goals for this season.

It's incredible how the narrative around Florida here is they're some sort of offensive juggernaut lmao.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lol. How dumb of Pasta to take that fight with Tkachuk. And how dumb of the Bs to let him.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I hope they push hard. Will play right into the Oilers strengths. As long as the Oilers execute like they can, they’ll punish the over aggression. There’s a reason why teams like Dallas played it safe and “passive”.

Jan 13, 2023
Not sure where all this talk of Florida’s “meanness” is coming from. They’re physical, but aren’t tough at all. Bennett is the lead man and he ain’t even 200 lbs

• Haha
Reactions: Esteban

cotopaxi

Feb 2, 2015
imagine your toughest test being a team with Coyle and Zacha as their centermen. and Cats fans think they beat better teams than Dallas did.
None of the teams Florida faced was actually a tough opponent for them, but if you compare the three teams then Boston played the toughest. You can imagine what ever you wish if it makes you feel better.

Jan 13, 2023
None of the teams Florida faced was actually a tough opponent for them, but if you compare the three teams then Boston played the toughest. You can imagine what ever you wish if it makes you feel better.
Florida didn't play a single 1C after the first round so I'd hope so

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
only fellas dropping em for the Cats are all healthy scratches. doesn't sound very "mean" to me
But you just said we DON’T drop em. So which is it?

If the Cats don’t drop them they are probably just scared of Nurse and Kane. Seen this story plenty with guys like Tkachuk.
Hahahahahahh. Yeah that’s probably what it is.

Reactions: sanscosm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad