SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I'll admit, I haven't watched the Panthers much at all this year, aside from in the playoffs of course.

You mentioned his leg injuries, you've noticed it has effected his skating quite a bit or?

He was never the best skater to begin with, but he’s lost a bit off his shot and has transitioned into more a defensive dman. He’s not bad at all, just not someone worth 7.5 at his current production

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Florida is the heavy favourite here. Better goalie, better defence, better forward depth and 28 nhl seasons of head coaching with Paul Maurice to half a year knoblauch. Also Florida has been the best team in the playoffs. They are also very healthy as opposed to last year. I think Edmonton will win the cup, but it’ll be next year and follow Florida’s footsteps lose in a final and win the next year. I think skinner and some of the Edmonton defence will get exposed.
Ah, so watching of games has not occurred?

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
So you will have two teams who haven’t played in a week both are going to have rust. Cats have lost game one with Boston undoubtedly because of the layoff. Curious to know and I haven’t looked where the Oilers had this kind of break and what were the effects if any ?

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Can you actually make an argument for once?

What did I see there that you disagree with? Is Florida superior in literally every way to every other team in the league in your eyes?
I mean I think it’s pretty obvious. Florida has better depth at forward, better D, better goaltending, etc. The only way I see Edmonton stealing a game would be because of the PP.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
What Florida fans are bashing Edmonton? They are severely outnumbered here. If anything, Oiler fans are over-inflating the tires of their own team with more than a few throwing shade on the Cats and their “weak path” to the final, as stupid as that sounds.

I wouldn't say the Oilers are underdogs. These teams as about as evenly matched as you will find.
The one I quoted who pointed out that Oilers have a sad bunch of bottom 6 forwards.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I'm assuming Flames vs. Lightning 2004 would be the only further distance between cities in the Finals.
Calgary is south of Edmonton and Tampa is northwest of Sunrise/Ft Lauderdale.
Edmonton and Sunrise are further apart.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
So you will have two teams who haven’t played in a week both are going to have rust. Cats have lost game one with Boston undoubtedly because of the layoff. Curious to know and I haven’t looked where the Oilers had this kind of break and what were the effects if any ?
Before the Canucks series the Oilers had about a week break. Blew a 3 goal lead and Skinner imploded.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I can’t stop laughing at all these Twitter posts about
“”fanatics”” Stanley cup gear on sale

I have no idea how that company is still in business

$180 polo with a Stanley cup logo on it.
A basic Panthers hat where the machine must have been broken as the logo was massively off center

Who buys this crap?

Reactions: PuckG

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

A basic Panthers hat where the machine must have been broken as the logo was massively off center

Who buys this crap?
Bettman’s NHL everyone. Where quality or the preferences of fans don’t matter. Only low hanging fruit revenue. Fanatics continues to exist cause they pay for the NHL rights to get a monopoly, then puts out the lowest quality product possible. Forcing fans to buy their shitty merch cause it’s the only game in town.

Reactions: Breakers

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Before the Canucks series the Oilers had about a week break. Blew a 3 goal lead and Skinner imploded.
Do you attribute that to the layoff …sounds to me your scoring was not affected. I know both teams are in the same boat.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I don't know why it's so hard for some people to just say "wow both teams are really good and had to go through a lot to get here"

Should be a good one with hopefully an Oilers win
Probably because some people think edm is that swiss cheese team of years past. Mostly east coast fans who don’t follow the west much. Lol. Both teams are very similar and if both play up to their capabilities, this is going the distance.

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005

Who buys this crap?
It really is absolutely beyond terrible. 😂

Do you attribute that to the layoff …sounds to me your scoring was not affected. I know both teams are in the same boat.
Maybe a bit, but the Oilers are guilty of falling into lulls at inopportune times.

Reactions: sanscosm

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Just means his annual playoff collapse hasn't quite happened yet. Didn't happen until the finals last year either where he ended up giving up ~5GA a game.
Also means that all these extra curricular fancy stats, metrics, numbers, predictors and such are pretty much as meaningless as my Strat O Matic results

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
This is with Edmontons garbage start

5v5 expected goals, regular season:
Edmonton 57.1% / Florida 54.3%

The team with the better regular season 5v5 expected goal share has won 11 of 14 series in these playoffs.

In 2 of 3 exceptions, the winner had vastly superior special teams (something Florida does not have).

Reactions: PuckG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad