SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Considering how much I know you hate Edmonton, judging by your history.
I understand that you're only seeing what you want to see.

If you haven't seen the comments in here along the lines of "Oilers won't be able to contain the Panters" "good luck, you're going to need it", Florida is much superior to Dallas, Edmonton's time is over", "The Panthers are going to destroy Edmonton 5 on 5", I don't know what to tell you. No, those aren't verbatims.

Florida fans are a confident bunch in here, as are Edmonton fans.. Both for good reason.

But yes, it's only Oiler fans being "cocky & arrogant"
As a neutral observer you seem far more disconnected from reality when evaluating your opposition. I don't think you've watched Florida at all. Or if you have you're really struggling at basic hockey evaluation. I want Edmonton to win but man you're quite clearly unable to look at this objectively.

You actually think Dallas has better centers? Or that Oettinger scared you more than 2 time vezina winner Bobrovsky. Who would have won the conn Smyth last year had Florida won the cup.

While Florida doesn't have anyone as good as Heiskanen the entire D core is better than Dallas. Montour and Forsling are absolute studs. More depth more size.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
As a neutral observer you seem far more disconnected from reality when evaluating your opposition. I don't think you've watched Florida at all. Or if you have you're really struggling at basic hockey evaluation. I want Edmonton to win but man you're quite clearly unable to look at this objectively.

You actually think Dallas has better centers? Or that Oettinger scared you more than 2 time vezina winner Bobrovsky. Who would have won the conn Smyth last year had Florida won the cup.

While Florida doesn't have anyone as good as Heiskanen the entire D core is better than Dallas. Montour and Forsling are absolute studs. More depth more size.
Good grief bert, you're far from a "neutral observer". You've been on here for a long time, and you post a lot, I'm not sure why you think anyone would believe that.

Yes, I believe Dallas has better Centers. Obviously Barkov is the best of the bunch.

Yes, Oettinger scared me more than Bob does. Is that allowed? That's how I feel.

As you mentioned, Heiskanen is the best of the bunch when it comes to the defenseman; and Tanev & Harley aren't slouches either.

I absolutely love the change in narrative when it comes to that Dallas team. The majority of people(yourself include) stated they would run over Edmonton. People stated they were the deepest team in hockey, but the minute Edmonton started taking it to them they weren't so great anymore. Now all of a sudden Florida is the deepest team in hockey, and Edmonton won't be able to handle them.

We'll see what happens. Edmonton may lose. If they do, I can accept that. This talk in here about how Oiler fans are "cocky and arrogant" is quite something though, especially considering the track record of HF when it comes to that team this year.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Oilers in 7.

And that 7th game goes to overtime.

Best player in the world, sudden death overtime in a game 7 Cup final? Who could ask for a better story? So that's what I'm going with.

Reactions: Macheteops

CatOTails

Jul 18, 2011
Latvia
Florida is better than Dallas was at every facet of the game? Dallas was considered to be deeper than Florida all year long, it's just that in the conference finals they ran into a top 5 player of all time while Florida lucked out with a team led by stars who haven't been able to crack a ppg their entire postseason careers. Eetu-Lundell-3goalsenko > Benn-Johnston-Stankoven? Not even close. Heiskanen > Forsling too btw, and it's not as close as one might wish it was.

Which part of that was wrong, my friend?
Gotta remind myself to get back to this in second half June. Just for the lulz

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada

Oettinger is good for 1 free goal per game. He lets in so many weak goals.

Bob vs Vasilevskiy was a insane goalie battle. Can't remember what game it was of the series but it was the best goalie performance I think I've ever seen.

Bob at this current moment is the best in the world and its not close IMO. Dude is a machine .

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Oettinger is good for 1 free goal per game. He lets in so many weak goals.

Bob vs Vasilevskiy was a insane goalie battle. Can't remember what game it was of the series but it was the best goalie performance I think I've ever seen.

Bob at this current moment is the best in the world and its not close IMO. Dude is a machine .
It's pretty close actually. Igor is right there

Reactions: Macheteops

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Read this article the other day. Thought was really interesting ;)

"2-9-1: The Oilers’ dismal record to open the season had the team in need of a spark. Despite an overall 76-32-12 record under Jay Woodcroft, the club fired the head coach in early November and hired Kris Knoblauch, who’s overseen the team’s resurgence and run to (and through!) the playoffs, including an eight-game win streak early on in his tenure to get the team back on track."

Interestingly they ignore the 16 game streak that started 4 games after that one ended.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Depends on the day.

What happened?
He had 3 consecutive seasons of severe leg/foot injuries. His skating is just shot, and he was never quick or fast to begin with. He also separated his shoulder last playoffs and played all the way through to the Final along with the broken foot. Iirc there was also another injury he had at the same time. Dude has sacrificed a lot to the Panthers. He also came in when the league was still somewhat kind to slower, big d-men. It's not anymore. He's adapted to become more of a shutdown guy that stays back and lets Forsling do all the legwork, and it's worked pretty effectively this season and playoffs. He still gets exposed badly at times with his skating though. He really has to try to hang back as much as possible, that's his best bet.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He had 3 consecutive seasons of severe leg/foot injuries. His skating is just shot, and he was never quick or fast to begin with. He also separated his shoulder last playoffs and played all the way through to the Final along with the broken foot. Iirc there was also another injury he had at the same time. Dude has sacrificed a lot to the Panthers. He also came in when the league was still somewhat kind to slower, big d-men. It's not anymore. He's adapted to become more of a shutdown guy that stays back and lets Forsling do all the legwork, and it's worked pretty effectively this season and playoffs. He still gets exposed badly at times with his skating though. He really has to try to hang back as much as possible, that's his best bet.
Actually I was gonna reply to the guy that said he’s like Nurse with “but Nurse can actually skate”. So I totally understand what you’re laying out here. Sucks to hear about his injuries. I agree with your assessment though, he’s very stationary with his defence. Plays a hard game in his own zone though I noticed, which is a good thing. The Oilers cycle which can be pretty fast or rush break outs may give him fits.

Reactions: Dread Clawz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad