SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Kings had 99 points on the year....Bolts had 98.......meh

Talbot is bad but Vasilevskiy was sub .900 in the playoffs......meh

LA's undersized D core gave up the 3rd least amount of goals in the NHL this season. Tampa was 22nd in that metric.......meh

LA had a GF/GA differential of +44 and Tampa was +21 on the season.....meh

But yeah the Bolts were elite and ready for Cup run and the Kings were draft lottery fodder. Comical indeed.

And I did read your post and I was making a point about your comments on the Kings being terrible. Which I do not think is the truth and the season stats support it.

There are a few teams in the East that are living on prior seasons and I think they have been overrated.
while tampa isnt the same playoff monster, i believe they had one of the best records after the TDL and looked like they were getting back into form.
Vasi wasnt bad so much as his defense wasnt there
It's parroting 90% of the time. People were jerking it over dallas' depth. Fans6. Media. Didn't impress me at all and Oilers depth came through

The teams the Oilers played were also better defensively than anybody Florida played

Florida is penalized the most. Let's see if that trend continues

Edmonton has the most 5v5 goals this playoffs. Florida has allowed the least as well
boston was very good defensively, their center depth and scoring depth held them back

Probably, ekblads getting a tad overrated. He has the most giveaways at 20 rn, which is crazy.
he was bostons best player, worst series by a mile, overshadowed Weegars performance vs tampa a few years back. He was good vs Rangers and tampa

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
while tampa isnt the same playoff monster, i believe they had one of the best records after the TDL and looked like they were getting back into form.
Vasi wasnt bad so much as his defense wasnt there

boston was very good defensively, their center depth and scoring depth held them back

he was bostons best player, worst series by a mile, overshadowed Weegars performance vs tampa a few years back. He was good vs Rangers and tampa
All good points. I was just going by the season. Kings also had a great pp that Edmonton blanked

I don't see our pk sustaining this though. Pp will usually be good, but we went through a drought against Vancouver into Dallas. Multiple games.

It's a coin flip to me. I can see why Florida is favored though. That's the thing with sports. That 2006 loss hurt. Just makes you numb. Another loss will hurt hard lol

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
All good points. I was just going by the season. Kings also had a great pp that Edmonton blanked

I don't see our pk sustaining this though. Pp will usually be good, but we went through a drought against Vancouver into Dallas. Multiple games.
big thing for me is are the panthers able to break through the oilers defense and will skinner keep playing the way he is?
And whos PP breaks through the others PK, cause these are gonna be low scoring defensive games where even one special teams goal is huge.

Rangers were like 30% on the PP and i think only allowed 1 on the PK all playoffs until they faced us, but oilers PK and PP are even better than that and have faced better opponents than the rangers had.

On the PP, Drai and Bouchard remind me a bit of Stamkos and Hedman and those two gave us trouble in the first series.
That's the thing with sports. That 2006 loss hurt. Just makes you numb. Another loss will hurt hard lol
Yeah, watching that finals last year made me numb too, that wasnt even a game, just a beatdown that we were present for.
Back to back losses would be brutal

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Yes, because a lot of Oilers fans are bashing the Panthers on these boards..

Most understand that we are underdogs going against a pretty solid team.
What Florida fans are bashing Edmonton? They are severely outnumbered here. If anything, Oiler fans are over-inflating the tires of their own team with more than a few throwing shade on the Cats and their “weak path” to the final, as stupid as that sounds.

I wouldn't say the Oilers are underdogs. These teams as about as evenly matched as you will find.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
That is really cool, most Canadian crowds sing loudly, and the singer will let them take over. I like how Edmonton puts him somewhere up in the crowd. And maybe it comes from being a hockey nut from earliest days living in the Buffalo area, but, I agree that the Canadian anthem is great.

This tradition began during the 06 run. Our then signer Paul raised the mic to the crowd and it was electric. When we got the Ducks series in the 3rd round the fans in Anaheim booed the Canadian national anthem on both games 1 and 2. As a response to this on game 3 the crowd in Edmonton sang both anthems word for word showing a large amount more class. Just a little oilers history tidbit .

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
This tradition began during the 06 run. Our then signer Paul raised the mic to the crowd and it was electric. When we got the Ducks series in the 3rd round the fans in Anaheim booed the Canadian national anthem on both games 1 and 2. As a response to this on game 3 the crowd in Edmonton sang both anthems word for word showing a large amount more class. Just a little oilers history tidbit .
Douchie behavior from Anaheim crowd :thumbd:

Reactions: Coffey

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Bring back Galeb!! :eek3:

Maybe they can ask Hubie’s little sister to come back to sing the Canadian Anthem. (She would sing when Habs visited).

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Not that it is much to go by but perhaps an interesting indicator for this year based on regular season

1717713245537.png

Knoblauch was hired on Nov 12.

Oilers went on a hot win streak (16 games) starting Dec 21, 2023 so it seems interesting....

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
i think youre overrating the panthers a bit too much

were barely an ahl team
Now now now, don't turn victim on me

What Florida fans are bashing Edmonton? They are severely outnumbered here. If anything, Oiler fans are over-inflating the tires of their own team with more than a few throwing shade on the Cats and their “weak path” to the final, as stupid as that sounds.

I wouldn't say the Oilers are underdogs. These teams as about as evenly matched as you will find.
You being serious?

Reactions: Kerberos

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
At the start of the season there was a poll asking us who we thought would be the Stanley Cup winner and I picked Edmonton. There was this one guy who gave me the laughing emoticon. Now he did have a point......I think most people felt they just had too many holes and I think most people felt they were a long shot in October

Now I don't know if I got lucky in my pick or not but I would sure like to know what's going on in that guys head right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
Yes.

Oiler fans seem to be the cocky, arrogant ones here. Some, anyway.

So, again, yes.
Considering how much I know you hate Edmonton, judging by your history.
I understand that you're only seeing what you want to see.

If you haven't seen the comments in here along the lines of "Oilers won't be able to contain the Panters" "good luck, you're going to need it", Florida is much superior to Dallas, Edmonton's time is over", "The Panthers are going to destroy Edmonton 5 on 5", I don't know what to tell you. No, those aren't verbatims.

Florida fans are a confident bunch in here, as are Edmonton fans.. Both for good reason.

But yes, it's only Oiler fans being "cocky & arrogant"

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
I don’t “hate” Edmonton at all. I’ve said numerous times they are full marks for being here. They are a hell of a team.

Do I want them to win? No. I hope they are swept.

There’s a difference between having confidence in your team and “bashing” your opponent. Florida fans have been tame compared to the VAN-EDM series.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

If you haven't seen the comments in here along the lines of "Oilers won't be able to contain the Panters" "good luck, you're going to need it", Florida is much superior to Dallas, Edmonton's time is over", "The Panthers are going to destroy Edmonton 5 on 5", I don't know what to tell you. No, those aren't verbatims.

Florida fans are a confident bunch in here, as are Edmonton fans.. Both for good reason.

But yes, it's only Oiler fans being "cocky & arrogant"
There are a few Panthers fans woofing, but most that are shit talking the Oilers aren’t even Panthers fans.

Unless the bandwagon has exploded in the last several days. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad