SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Going into the playoffs, I kept hearing about the West being a bloodbath. Now that the Oilers have made it through, it was somehow a cakewalk.

They were the best in NHL after the early season coaching change. Every perceived weakness of this team has stepped up in the playoffs.

The Panthers are a great team, but the way the Oilers are already being written off...again...is very HF.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’ll be honest, I don’t love the matchup for the oilers….

But I’m sticking with them to win the cup… as they were my original pick, do it for Mcdavid

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Going into the playoffs, I kept hearing about the West being a bloodbath. Now that the Oilers have made it through, it was somehow a cakewalk.

They were the best in NHL after the early season coaching change. Every perceived weakness of this team has stepped up in the playoffs.

The Panthers are a great team, but the way the Oilers are already being written off...again...is very HF.
10 shots on goal tonight.

Kegu

Aug 12, 2008
I mean, that works both ways.

They beat old Stamkos and old Point.

They beat Zacha and old Marchand.

They beat Zibijenad and Trochek.

BIG step up coming.
Points old but zin and trochek are not?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
They beat the Kings. Kings have two ex-Flames: Cam Talbot, David Rittich.

Then they beat the Canucks. Canucks have two ex-Flames: Lindholm and Zadorov.

Then they beat the Stars. Stars have one ex-Flame: Chris Tanev.

Florida has two ex-Flames: Tkachuk and Bennett. . .
Holy shit we post the same thing but on different boards lol

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
I gotta love how this turned out. Not just because I am an Oilers fan, but so many good redemption stories in play here. Players that many people (including myself) wrote off at various points. Think about some of the players which were castaways from other teams but found a place in the Oilers.
Knoblauch taking over a team that was what, 3-9-1? What a job he has done in turning things around.

And I am most happy for Skinner. He was in goal through thick and thin this season and while it was a bit of a roller coaster at times, I am happy to see him in the SC.

It is going to be a great series. I personally think the Oilers are a "team of destiny" at this point and has battled through so much adversity, and been counted out at various junctures, that it is truly their year. And I couldn't be happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad