SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
First of all, this should start Weds/Thurs the latest. What's with Sat!?

Should be a great Final. Happy the two teams I was pulling for are matching up.

I give the Cats the edge. They do not have a weakness, top-end skill, depth, D, goaltending, a great system, experience, hunger. Absolutely dominate 5v5 and have good special teams.

Oh, and I want to see 7 games with multiple OTs.

Reactions: jigglysquishy

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
A bunch of other fans entirely underrating the Oilers defense and game breaking offense. Some people never learn.

No, your top talent doesn’t stand a chance against ours. No, you don’t have an offensive D dynamo like Bouchard. You are going to get crushed on high end skill. Your defending is somewhat to marginally better than ours which is top 8 in the NHL.

Don’t act like everything is on equal starting ground. Your grinding depth, defending and goaltending needs to overcome the other advantages that the Oilers clearly have.

The thing Florida does have is superior depth. Dallas had forward depth but their lack of depth on the blueline got exposed.

Florida has great depth at both forward & defense, and I'd say they have higher end talent than Dallas too.

Special teams will be massive, EDM has been dominant, if FLA can't score on the PP like Dallas failed too then it'll be advantage EDM, but Florida has more offensive weapons on their team both forward & defense (Montour, Forsling, OEL).

I'm not really sure what to expect, other than I'd predict special teams to make the difference. If the Oilers continue to dominate like that it'll be hard for FLA to win.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
If Florida stays disciplined, Florida in 6.
If they take a lot of penalties (avg 3 per game), then Oilers in 6.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Either Oilers win the cup or they lose against the eventual Stanley Cup winner three years in a row. Has that ever happened before? And especially it being three different teams?

In a row not sure, but if Oilers win the Cup the Stars will have lost to the Cup winner in 4 of the last 6 runs, and they didn't make the playoffs one of those years. Only year they did and didn't lose to the winner was Calgary. 3 in a row is crazy too though

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I don't see any other winner in this series but the Panthers. Panthers in either 4 or 5 games.

Panthers defense is much better, defensemen and overall defending, that comes from coaching, system, structure
Panthers goaltending is also much better. Bobrovski >> Skinner
Panthers have 4 lines that can score, if one star player is scoreless, others will step up, if the top 6 can't score, its the bottom 6 that steps up.
Panthers are mentally stronger

Reactions: Rob

BIeucheeseWithWings

Shlt Poster
Jul 9, 2022

I give the Cats the edge. They do not have a weakness, top-end skill, depth, D, goaltending, a great system, experience, hunger. Absolutely dominate 5v5 and have good special teams.

Crazy. You just described the Oilers too.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Does any sport have a potentially longer travel time between teams for a playoff series?

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I predict this will go the distance. I give the slight edge to Florida but Oilers could take this series. Both teams haven't seen a team like the other yet. Florida is a perfect blend of tough rough hockey with a well rounded high powered team. Oilers are the best offensive team in the league. Defense is playing top notch and they are getting the goal tending. Bob will be the best goalie the Oilers have faced yet.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Good luck to the 2000 hardcore Panthers fans!

Oilers couldn't beat Vancouver. They couldn't beat Dallas. And everyone's saying that they can't beat Florida.

McDavid gets his hardware.

Reactions: lopper

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton

It's funny watching you guys hop from one bandwagon to the next every round.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Picked Florida in 6

I could also see EDM in 6 as well though. I don't think either team is weak enough to lose in 4 or 5. I do believe EDM would win a game 7 if it goes that far.

I believe a lot of this series will rely on Skinner. He just needs to be Chris Osgood, and not Tim Thomas.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Good luck to the 2000 hardcore Panthers fans!

Oilers couldn't beat Vancouver. They couldn't beat Dallas. And everyone's saying that they can't beat Florida.

McDavid gets his hardware.
Who honestly said they couldn't beat Vancouver. Entire site said Oilers. Media said Oilers. Oiler fans said Oilers. It was just a few cocky Vancouver fans that talked some shit. What a weird victim card to play.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Going to be a great Finals. The one I expected going into the playoffs. Florida is the one team I thought could take down the Oilers, so this feels like a coin flip. When it’s a coin flip, McDavid is the difference. Oilers in 7 and also expect McDavid to break the playoff assists record and join Gretzky and Lemieux in the 40 point club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad